Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    There are also plenty of old horde remnant clans around Azeroth that would join the horde as well.
    Yes, there are ogre remnants throughout all Azeroth and in Outland! That is where we will go in the next expansion ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Lady Vashj left Azshara to rule her own faction of naga. Who is to say that others won't do the same? Think of it this way, there's several ideas for this:
    1. Back in the War of the Ancients, some force of kaldorei rebels penetrated the walls of the Palace of Azshara. When the area sunk, they couldn't get out. When Azshara was asked by the Old God if she wants to live, she said yes, and the Old God made every kaldorei naga, for he couldn't care to ask every single one of them if they join him. These rebels have been leading small guerilla operations against Azshara, which is why she has not attacked yet (I mean seriously, what was she doing for 10k years) but now with her getting Neptulon's power, they're beginning to lose, so they ask help from their long lost brothers and sisters, the night elves. The night elves accept them because they prove they were rebels from the War of the Ancients. Also, they didn't come to surface for so long since they were shamed that from beautiful kaldorei (remember, during WotA night elves, all of them, put a price on beauty) they were turned to fish people and they thought it was a punishment from Elune for not having found the evil in their society earlier, so they stood there in shame.
    2. Since the War of the Ancients, several generations of naga were born and grew. The younglings don't feel so indebted to the Old God, they don't like Azshara as much, so one day they try to find out about the kaldorei of old and join them to liberate their society from under the tyrannic leader of Azshara and her Old God leader.
    3. A tribe of naga felt more and more like they're treated like dirt by Azshara for being lower caste, so they decided to go their own way, and what better way then to join her enemies?
    etc, there's so many ideas.

As for armor, they can already preety much wear pants as a sort of skirt, and boots just you can't see them or they're tail rings. What's the difference from draenei or trolls who also don't wear shoes or have special models for them? And every race has a different model to pants. This is not an issue.
    As for mounts, how hard can it be to understand, SIDE-SADDLE! There were even pictures showing it, I'll see if I can find one, hold on:
    You're right, Blizzard is capable of anything, and that way you exhibit is totally valid (by the way I choose option 2).

However we must understand the disbelief of many people who only see problems everywhere ...

People you have to have a more open mind!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The game lacks several things, but ELVES are not one of them...
    Two elven races are already TWO too many.. No need for adding a 3rd..
    Is there any founded reasoning behind your "There is too many elfs" point ?
    What will happen if Blizzard decide to add an elven race ?

If they would make an elven race without calling it "elfs" you wouldn't even notice it and consider it as elfs lolz.

Ogres ugly? Well I never!

In all honesty, people really just want them as they are, I see no reason to change them (though I don't get the idea behind wanting High Elves.)

Plus, Crystal Ogres sounds super silly. Oh, and even though I'm sure people have mentioned it, Ogres vary in size, some of them are smaller than Tauren.

Deleted
    As for mounts, how hard can it be to understand, SIDE-SADDLE! There were even pictures showing it, I'll see if I can find one, hold on:
    And here's one on a trike:

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    You can choose to overlook the data, but the evidence is the evidence: the High Elves are the most requested, consensual and logic race for the Alliance, along with the Ogres for the Horde.
    What evidence? All you have is a non-representative poll with a tiny sample size. That doesn't qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What evidence? All you have is a non-representative poll with a tiny sample size. That doesn't qualify.
    I do not refer in particular to that poll (which value I will not discuss and whose results are those that are) but to the evidence that there is a significant and representative number of people who want the High Elves in the Alliance (for quite some time). You're in your right to think otherwise, but you can not deny that desire.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-04-22 at 08:20 PM.

Lady Vashj left Azshara to rule her own faction of naga. Who is to say that others won't do the same? Think of it this way, there's several ideas for this:
    1. Back in the War of the Ancients, some force of kaldorei rebels penetrated the walls of the Palace of Azshara. When the area sunk, they couldn't get out. When Azshara was asked by the Old God if she wants to live, she said yes, and the Old God made every kaldorei naga, for he couldn't care to ask every single one of them if they join him. These rebels have been leading small guerilla operations against Azshara, which is why she has not attacked yet (I mean seriously, what was she doing for 10k years) but now with her getting Neptulon's power, they're beginning to lose, so they ask help from their long lost brothers and sisters, the night elves. The night elves accept them because they prove they were rebels from the War of the Ancients. Also, they didn't come to surface for so long since they were shamed that from beautiful kaldorei (remember, during WotA night elves, all of them, put a price on beauty) they were turned to fish people and they thought it was a punishment from Elune for not having found the evil in their society earlier, so they stood there in shame.
    2. Since the War of the Ancients, several generations of naga were born and grew. The younglings don't feel so indebted to the Old God, they don't like Azshara as much, so one day they try to find out about the kaldorei of old and join them to liberate their society from under the tyrannic leader of Azshara and her Old God leader.
    3. A tribe of naga felt more and more like they're treated like dirt by Azshara for being lower caste, so they decided to go their own way, and what better way then to join her enemies?
    etc, there's so many ideas.

As for armor, they can already preety much wear pants as a sort of skirt, and boots just you can't see them or they're tail rings. What's the difference from draenei or trolls who also don't wear shoes or have special models for them? And every race has a different model to pants. This is not an issue.
    As for mounts, how hard can it be to understand, SIDE-SADDLE! There were even pictures showing it, I'll see if I can find one, hold on:Snipped[/URL]
    While I do agree with all that, the point I was trying to make was that with everything against Naga (which as demonstrated can be worked around) why should Ogres be excluded with the pathetic reasoning of 'they're too big'?
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2013-04-23 at 04:31 AM. Reason: dont need that big picture again

Deleted
    You're right, Blizzard is capable of anything, and that way you exhibit is totally valid (by the way I choose option 2).

However we must understand the disbelief of many people who only see problems everywhere ...

People you have to have a more open mind!
    People in general are very closed to new in anything, not just WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    And here's one on a trike:
    Thank you, couldn't find the trike one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    While I do agree with all that, the point I was trying to make was that with everything against Naga (which as demonstrated can be worked around) why should Ogres be excluded with the pathetic reasoning of 'they're too big'?
    ah ok, I see your point, I didn't get it earlier. I guess you're right. If they just made them a bit smaller they could make them playable directly.

ah ok, I see your point, I didn't get it earlier. I guess you're right. If they just made them a bit smaller they could make them playable directly.
    They don't even need to do that. Moonkin form currently uses the same skeleton and animation of ingame Ogres and they're able to fit through doorsways and such fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They don't even need to do that. Moonkin form currently uses the same skeleton and animation of ingame Ogres and they're able to fit through doorsways and such fine.
    It depends on ogres though, as I said, if I visit the ogres in Dustwallow March they seemed to be about 30% higher then tauren... Sure there's little ogres, but then... which is the real size?

So? The same could be said with Trolls, Tauren and other races. Especially if you look at bosses.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres as a playable race? Any chance of this happening (however remote)?

We considered them for Cataclysm. We got to the point of trying to figure out what ogre ladies looked like.
    From the QA- they had considered ogres for the Cataclysm race

I don't get why it can't just ogres that are smaller sized, the crystal part just seems lazy.

to the OP: No.

Just give the Horde regular ogres, the only people that really care about pretty for the Horde will still be playing BE's anyway. As far as High Elf, I still believe they should remain as they are currently as a near-extinct race and give Alliance something else, like Furbolgs. Also Ogre rogues? It is "an unusual class for Ogres" Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warlock. Priest, monk and DK possibly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    DK possibly.
    Deathbringer Kor'ush would like to have a word with you...

Ogre death knights are like Abominations in a suit of armor with the added bonus of insight on necromatic magics and minus the smell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    From the QA- they had considered ogres for the Cataclysm race
    Exactly, which demonstrates that both the Naga and the Ogres are feasible as playable races. The High Elves too, by elimination.

Regardless of what people think, in the Warcraft universe, objectively, the Ogres and the High Elves are two iconic races for both the Horde and the Alliance respectively, as are also the trolls or the dwarves for each one of the factions.

Maybe are not protagonists races, but they are necessary to explain the history of the Horde and the Alliance, they can not be obviated. This is nothing new and everyone knows it: is completely assumed.
    High elves aren't a separate race. The High/Blood split was a political difference, that may be growing into cultural differentiation. But it's not a racial change. Asking for High elves is like asking for Dark Iron dwarves or Grimtotem tauren. That won't add anything to the game that isn't or can't be shown through questlines and story arcs.

High Elves are the Taiwan of WoW. They're a small, separatist nation that broke from their homeland when it went a direction they opposed. But the homeland has since been recognized as the heir of their common legacy, and the separatists use the support and protection of their ideologically allied super-power friends to ensure their continued existence.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    High elves aren't a separate race. The High/Blood split was a political difference, that may be growing into cultural differentiation. But it's not a racial change. Asking for High elves is like asking for Dark Iron dwarves or Grimtotem tauren.
    You can already play a Grimtotem tauren, and Dark Iron dwarves are allied with the rest of the dwarves (be nice if there was a skin color option for it though), High Elves are major player on the opposite faction though, the Silver Covenant both in Wrath and now in Isle of Thunder for Alliance players... a simple reskin wouldn't be any good since they're not allied with the Horde (which is not a problem for, say, Dark Iron dwarves)

High Elves and Half Elves should be integrated as additional skins of "Humans." Cultural and biological similarities are sufficent to allow elves and humans to marry and reproduce. The models already exist in game. The Human racials are perfectly reasonable for High Elves that, through strength of spirit, resisted their magical additictions. High Elf lore gets developed through the Silver Covenant and, to a lesser extent, the Kirin Tor. Personally, I don't get why this hasn't already been done...

I think you're missing my points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    You can already play a Grimtotem tauren, and Dark Iron dwarves are allied with the rest of the dwarves (be nice if there was a skin color option for it though), High Elves are major player on the opposite faction though, the Silver Covenant both in Wrath and now in Isle of Thunder for Alliance players...
    How can you play a Grimtotem, since they're hostile to the Horde (and cutting deals with the Alliance)? Dark Iron dwarves are nominally friendly with the Alliance now, but they're also a separate political entity. Players are Iron Forge dwarves. Likewise, those high elves in the Silver Covenant are of the same people as the blood elves they're warring against.

a simple reskin wouldn't be any good since they're not allied with the Horde (which is not a problem for, say, Dark Iron dwarves)
    Why reskin anything? The current high elf model is exactly appropriate for the race. It's the same as the blood elf because they are the same species. Blood and high elves are separated by nothing more than a few years of sociopolitical disagreement.

Even if high elves are important to the story right now, that doesn't mean they have to become playable in the future. Mogu are pretty important to the story right now, that doesn't mean we're gonna see them as a playable race. I see nothing so compelling anywhere in lore right now that says high elves need to be playable.

Now, I can see Blizzard possibly going in a direction like what the OP discussed. Creating some radically new lore would that gives reason to transform some segment of the high elf population would be...controversial, to say the least. But it could also be a way to tell a new story, tied to old lore that a small number of players are very interested in.

I love these creative speculation threads as much as the next geek, but let's be honest: player ideas for new races and classes are not even background noise for Blizzard. PvE balance, PvP balance, content creation, content tuning, etc., etc., etc., occupies nearly all the feedback they take in from their players.