Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Jaina Proudmoore, Important?

Now that Jaina Proudmoore has pulled back to Dalaran together with Kalegcos, does she no longer have interest in the Alliance, but purely to try and safe Dalaran from what might happen in the clash between the Horde and The Alliance? Is she only worring about keeping Dalaran as a safe haven, and a "free zone" for everybody, and keep Dalaran out of the war?

In other words, is she important to the alliance anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

No, she's with the Alliance now, along with the Kirin Tor and Dalaran.

Deleted
    The horde DECIMATED HER city, how could she want to stay out of the war after this all?

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Now that Jaina Proudmoore has pulled back to Dalaran together with Kalegcos, does she no longer have interest in the Alliance, but purely to try and safe Dalaran from what might happen in the clash between the Horde and The Alliance? Is she only worring about keeping Dalaran as a safe haven, and a "free zone" for everybody, and keep Dalaran out of the war?

In other words, is she important to the alliance anymore?
    You clearly haven't played mop at all, nor have you read any loresite, Dalaran is once again part of the Alliance and Jaina has become quite vengeful, hammering down on Garrosh whenever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She definately is important alliance figure, but i really hope she will get less spotlight after SOO. I was always suprised how much is alliance side of story focused about jaina who isnt even important leader, while ignoring other characters.
    Ulduar trailer - Jaina. What was a point of her presence there ? being pushed by garrosh ? being ignored by thrall.
    ToC - More Jaina. Now she is varians living shadow. And she talks !!!
    ICC. Her presence in ICC 5 mans was kinda justified given her relationship with arthas. Her "sob sob so pround of my king derp" moment wasn't.
    Books, or jaina sixpac. Now more jaina being advocate of peace, being boring, hitting on dragons.
    Dalaran and Isle of thunder. Order one jaina and i will double an offer. Again her presence in dalaran was justified. Her presence in IoT was solely to counter blood elves.
    Future - Giving her mumbling about crushing orgrimmar walls, we can expect jainapocalypse. I just hope she will finally die, and we can pretend she never existed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She definately is important alliance figure, but i really hope she will get less spotlight after SOO. I was always suprised how much is alliance side of story focused about jaina who isnt even important leader, while ignoring other characters.
    Ulduar trailer - Jaina. What was a point of her presence there ? being pushed by garrosh ? being ignored by thrall.
    ICC. Her presence in ICC 5 mans was kinda justified given her relationship with arthas. Her "sob sob so pround of my king derp" moment wasn't.
    Books, or jaina sixpac. Now more jaina being advocate of peace, being boring, hitting on dragons.
    Dalaran and Isle of thunder. Order one jaina and i will double an offer. Again her presence in dalaran was justified. Her presence in IoT was solely to counter blood elves.
    Future - Giving her mumbling about crushing orgrimmar walls, we can expect jainapocalypse. I just hope she will finally die, and we can pretend she never existed.

She is really such a weak character for the time she was focused on. They just wasted their time.

Onestly, after Wotlk I expected to see her as the queen of Stormwind.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was always suprised how much is alliance side of story focused about jaina who isnt even important leader, while ignoring other characters.
    Lore wise she's still pretty young but she's one of the oldest (real time) alliance characters.

I don't mind her as a character and have been impressed with her lore this expansion.
    I just didn't like the isles of Thunder ending, but can see why they did it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Onestly, after Wotlk I expected to see her as the queen of Stormwind.
    So glad they didn't go down that path!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You clearly haven't played mop at all, nor have you read any loresite, Dalaran is once again part of the Alliance and Jaina has become quite vengeful, hammering down on Garrosh whenever possible.
    I played MoP, But what we're told in the game is so vague.
    I have not gone into any lore site (i don't know any) to investigate my questions, which is why I asked here.

Lay off your attitude and respond on a nice level like everybody else
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    She is really such a weak character for the time she was focused on. They just wasted their time.
    It might be because she more or less brokered the peace treaty between horde and alliance and as such was quite important.

I played MoP, But what we're told in the game is so vague.
    I have not gone into any lore site (i don't know any) to investigate my questions, which is why I asked here.

Lay off your attitude and respond on a nice level like everybody else
    Did you play with your eyes closed it is all there you only have to look ;P

Does this mean (from what we know) That Jaina infact does more for the Alliance, than most other Alliance leaders do?

Deleted
    Jaina is the one character who keeps popping up again and again in this story to the point where I am starting to think MOP is all about her coming full circle and finally getting revenge (or justice?) for Theramore.

5.0 The whole story started with her in tides of war and the bombing of Theramore incident, becoming Kirin Tor leader.

5.1 It continued with developments in Dalaran we hear her ideals then see her lose it again dealing with the sunreavers and siding totally with the alliance. Dalaran is also shown to be moving.

5.2 She continues fighting against the sunreavers on Thunder isle, eventually Taran Zhu helps both sides to stop. She realises that Lorthemar is also moving against Garrosh. She also empowers her staff with Thunder king's powers for later use, while Lorthemar gains the power to create blood golems.

5.4- (my prediction) Dalaran appears on Kalimdor and she hits Orgrimmar hard with the Kirin Tor backing her and has a final showdown with Garrosh using the thunder king's powers on him personally.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-04-16 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Does this mean (from what we know) That Jaina infact does more for the Alliance, than most other Alliance leaders do?
    Yes, it does. She most certainly did more then Gelbin, The dwarven council, Velen or Tyrande and Genn together did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will respond to that with this.
    Genn Graymane - old man who failed to lead his kingdom, defend his people and his son had to die for him. Pathetic. Spends most of time with Varian since why would he want to be close to his people in darnassus ?
    Tyrande - Just put a paper bag on you head and never leave house. Tyrande as character is far too gone beyond any kind of redemption. Archetypical dumb bitch, who needs smarter male next to her to avoid killing herself. Needed not one but TWO strong males to be rescued in warcraft 3. Also she cant swim.
    Velen - Old man should stop smoking pot and having all these visions. Having sexual relationship with anduin deosnt help either. Generally speaking 25k years of failure. Also his main tactic is running away. How heroic.
    Gnome dude - I may hate vol'jin but this guy beats him in every category. Failing to retake gnomeregan having all the tools he had was simply failicious. Also noone likes him.
    Dwarves - Magni never did anything then got crystalized (there is even fetish around that). Now we have: Guy who aparently isnt dead. Another guy who isnt aparently dead even if we saw that in w3. Aaaaaaaand my personal favourite - Moira. Why does moira have such a shitty personality ? To draw our attention from her being short, fat, ugly, and being spanked by few hundred year older guy who died like a last jerk to avoid paying child's care. Tho she seems to have some action in 5.3 so maybe there is hope.
    And aysa cloudsinger. God.F.Dammit. Pandaren starting zone was simply painfull being unable to bitchslap her. I simply can't see what attracted JI to her soo much.
    And then we have all glorious humans - varian anduin and jaina stealing all the glory. So yes jaina does more for alliance then alliance leaders.
    Ps: Malfurion is an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Tyrande and Genn together did.
    I'm a little sad we haven't see Genn this expansion or Tyrande since 5.1. Although it may be a bit congested giving them expansion time now.

Alright, so the conclusion of this is in fact that Jaina has been leading the Alliance in the shadows by affecting the Alliance leaders trough guidance?
    Also, this would make her the true hero of the alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so the conclusion of this is in fact that Jaina has been leading the Alliance in the shadows by affecting the Alliance leaders trough guidance?
    Not the shadows. The forefront.

She's been very agressive against Garrosh's horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The horde DECIMATED HER city, how could she want to stay out of the war after this all?
    Um, what? Horde players went in and rescued various NPCs from a totalitarian, WWII-allegory worthy purge. At one point, they are even reminded to keep casualties to a minimum. There isn't any material property damage. Not enough damage or loss of life to suggest literal or figurative "decimation". More of that could be blamed on the Alliance side, given the whole killing/exiling/incarcerating and killing dragonhawks and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Um, what? Horde players went in and rescued various NPCs from a totalitarian, WWII-allegory worthy purge. At one point, they are even reminded to keep casualties to a minimum. There isn't any material property damage. Not enough damage or loss of life to suggest literal or figurative "decimation". More of that could be blamed on the Alliance side, given the whole killing/exiling/incarcerating and killing dragonhawks and such.
    I think his referring to the events after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    He meant boom-booming theramore. Tho it was actually right thing to do. Look how peacefull is that graveyard and crater, isnt it what jaina always wanted ?