Thread: [Feral] PvP

10+ Year Old Account

[Feral] PvP

How are ferals in PvP? I've been doing 3v3, and 2v2 with some friends and am finding my damage is really low. I'm mostly in malevolent gear with a few dreadful and one tyrannical piece.

Can you provide some background info. What comp are you running? Can you provide an armory link please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with a ret paladin and a mistweaver monk.

My armory good chance it'll show me in my pve gear though

For your first question. I think ferals are in a good spot overall at the moment. They are simply being outshined by their rogue counterparts. And with the changes to rogues, hunters, and savage roar in 5.3, ferals will be extremely good in the hands of a player that can handle the spec.

I don't know how much talent swapping you do per match. But one thing you could try doing is swapping to soul of the forest on the 4th tier. I find the extra energy returns help keep the finishers rolling faster. With a good amount of crit I find I can sneak in an extra ferocious bite or two with it over a rotation. You will lose out on the extra damage on cooldowns. But with a ret you may want more sustained than burst anyhow.

You can also try swapping to natures vigil with soul of the forest for an extra smaller cooldown halfway between berserks.

Or if you find you are using a lot of your swiftness procs on heals instead of clones/roots you could try dream of cenarius. Dream is one of those hidden talents that people forget, but it can certainly justify the talent point if you are doing a lot of off-healing.

As for gearing your toon was in PvE like you said. But I'd recommend mastery>crit>haste for stat priorities once you've hit the 3% hit/expertise requirements.

Make sure you don't forget your free ravage from the 4 piece bonus. And if you forget tigers fury a lot you can macro it into the ravage, which isn't a bad idea anyway since it makes for a nice little bit of burst every 30 seconds (try to use it right before refreshing rip and rake for maximum effect on the bleeds). Always keep savage roar going of course. And if you are really fighting to get behind a target to the point that your energy is pooling don't be afraid to mangle. Using mangle beats having unused energy. On the other side of things, you don't have to be bone dry on energy as long as it isn't sitting at max. There's nothing wrong with sitting on 40-70 energy in your pool unless you are going for a kill.

I know I sort of hit on a bit of everything, even general things you can find in a guide. But since I don't know your gear, and can't watch a video of one of your matches, it's rather hard to know whats wrong (if anything, you might simply have less target uptime from fears and stuns). Also remember feral has more ramp up time than some classes, so if the games are extremely short it would be an explanation. Hope some of this helped.

I'd swap out HotW for Natures Vigil and keep Incarnation.

The amount of damage Zerk, Natures Vigil, Incarnation, and on use trinkets can bring out is ridiculous. Not to mention the insane damage done during Natures Vigil helps heal. Just make sure you have your trinket up... don't want to waste this by being CC'd most of the time.

Just gotta keep on the free instant cyclones for CC or free instant heals and burn someone down.

Honestly, outside of this CD window Ferals aren't that crazy at damage output. It's a decent amount of damage, but it's too constant and not all that bursty. Which makes it easier to heal. But, during the CD Ferals are to be feared.