Poll: Will You Buy D3 Expac?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am quite sure I won't buy the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    What exactly is stopping you from doing just that? I play a hardcore selffound-only character, that is not allowed to use items found from other characters (mostly because I bought items for my other hardcore characters of the auction house) and only uses selffound items. If that's what you are longing for, try it out. There is really no one forcing you to buy things that other people found, nor to grind gold to do just that.
    That's one crappy argument you people keep trying to play, sure you can bang your head against a wall it doesn't mean it's worth it.

Apart from the fact the AH affects drops the terribad itemization just isn't worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy it for sure.
    I enjoyed the game for the most part... though it did get a bit boring in the end since most of my friends quit playing it :P
    With the 1-2 new classes and added act I should be able to get a few weeks of fun out of it... And hopefully they'll have PvP properly implemented by then so that'll add some re-playability as well!

As for the cost... I'll probably make back the cost of the expansion with the RMAH during the first few weeks of the expansion anyways

One thing is for certain. Buying D3 was a no brainer, high potential, sentimental value, good enough demo ...

Buying expansion will be about Blizz making informed effort to create something that ppl will be willing to call worthy D2:LOD sequel. Preferably something that will beat PoE at least on some fronts in the character development area.

Because in the end that's what hack&slash games are about ... characters getting stronger. D3 fails miserably in that regard.

Then there are other things like the story being written by 10 year old, no long term plans to keep ppl interested, no content updates, no crafting etc etc ...

tl;dr If D3 expansion will not take care of majority of D3 issues, no point buying it. Better games to play out there.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    One thing is for certain. Buying D3 was a no brainer, high potential, sentimental value, good enough demo ...

Buying expansion will be about Blizz making informed effort to create something that ppl will be willing to call worthy D2:LOD sequel. Preferably something that will beat PoE at least on some fronts in the character development area.

Because in the end that's what hack&slash games are about ... characters getting stronger. D3 fails miserably in that regard.

Then there are other things like the story being written by 10 year old, no long term plans to keep ppl interested, no content updates, no crafting etc etc ...

tl;dr If D3 expansion will not take care of majority of D3 issues, no point buying it. Better games to play out there.
    also these fucking shitty nerfs are just mind breaking annoying like look at this LOL how is it they were okay with this for a year then all of a sudden It's OH WE'RE NOW changing it after so long sorry ''bros'' like check this for an example the fuck is this

The chance for the following monsters to drop loot has been reduced:
    By 50%:
    Bile Crawlers, Doom Wraiths, Shade Stalkers, Shadow Vermin, Skeletal Crawlers, and Spine Lashers
    By 25%:
    Brood Hatchlings, Cavern Spiders, and Spiderlings

Granted loot doesn't drop as it is in terms of usefulness? Doing this shit before the itemization patch? It's just going to make people leave and NOT come back simply because the game doesn't reward you at all regardless.

Deleted
    Of course! I bloody love D3! <3

They'd need to pretty much deliver an entirely different game from what Diablo 3 presented me with, it didn't have the more lasting appeal for myself that Diablo 2 did which I'd played off an on since its release, and still now. Diablo 3 just can't say the same as Diablo 2, and its expansion. I suppose if there were an annual pass, since I do play WoW anyways, off and on, much like Diablo 2, I'd add it in just to have a look but it would really only be because of the fact that.. I still play WoW, and it wouldn't cost me anything I wasn't already investing in.

The truth is, for a modern day Diablo.. I'm much happier with the direction Path of Exile has taken, hence my, "Diablo 3's expansion would essentially have to become an entirely different game" mindset. Everything from PoE's difficulty to how you socket abilities, trade rather than spend gold and more are all just far, far more appealing to me. Diablo 2 had elements I still adore and PoE feels like an actual evolution, and not just evolution for evolution's sake either. Diablo very much felt far more mindless, the builds are barely builds at all as much are built upon a base so paper thin that no real, "I did that" moment arises from them, it's all just too simple. A game being simpler isn't bad, but when it takes away from the basic idea of 'building' that character, I see it as a problem. I'm never building anything in Diablo 3, it's all just too obvious and mindless in its application. Maybe that simplicity works for some people, but it didn't for me.

Deleted
    For sure not....waste of money

Deleted
    probably yeah, only played diablo 3 for sort of 3 weeks though, but those 3 weeks playing with friends were some of the best days I've had in a game EVER

Deleted
    yes i will.

Deleted
    I bought D3 based on the joy and fun I had with the previous title, D2, Lord of Destruction.
    Since I have not enjoyed D3, due to several reasons, I will not buy its expansion.

Deleted
    For me D3 is lost. I will however consider buying the expansion, provided that there are fundamental changes made to itemization & talent system, and a ladder mode where there is no AH/RMAH, just trading.

Hell no. If they give it away for free I might log in to check it out.

Indeed I will. It's a decent game and it's only getting better with each update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    What exactly is stopping you from doing just that? I play a hardcore selffound-only character, that is not allowed to use items found from other characters (mostly because I bought items for my other hardcore characters of the auction house) and only uses selffound items. If that's what you are longing for, try it out. There is really no one forcing you to buy things that other people found, nor to grind gold to do just that.
    In Diablo 3 the quality of loot is lowered because it's so easily accessible from the AH. So if you're playing without using the AH, it's basically like playing Diablo 2 with far crappier drops. It's not fun.

I've also played D3 up to inferno act 2(before the big nerf) without using the AH. Sure it can be done, but you're artificially holding yourself back.
    If I could somehow switch off access to the AH and get better quality loot as compensation I gladly would. But that's not possible.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    D3 itself was most certainly not worth $60 (to me, at least) so I'm glad I did AP for it. :P
    Even in the horrible state the game launched it was better than the year stuck subbing for Cataclysm. That's how bad Cata was...that original D3 was better by comparison. I have to tell myself that I paid for D3 so I feel like I only lost $120 instead of $180. Biggest 'scam' ever.

Fool me once though, and all that. Never again.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I'm not sure as i know literally nothing of it, this poll needs a "maybe" option.

Got it from annual pass, mostly cuz i wanted the mount.
    After inferno i and some intenze playing i realized.... theres nothing left to do lol... after 5 days... oh well. then i quitted.
    I deleted the game cuz when i realized how lame it was to play the same content 4x times only harder with trash drops... well...
    Id rather cut of my fingerprints...
    Also my razer naga mouse stopped working cuz of the clicking... hahaha

I also think i should get my money back as shud everyone else cuz the game was litterally unfinished
    Last edited by anabolicz; 2013-05-03 at 11:24 AM. Reason: GRR

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably.

Definitely if they bring back the necromancer class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Probably.

Definitely if they bring back the necromancer class.
    And/Or Paladin.