Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    You know... to be fair, I honestly think I'd rather not raid then raid with people that didn't know what they were doing and didn't have the patience to fill out a few questions that take an extremely small portion of their life
    WoL's data or a trial run is all a guild needs to tell if a player is good or not.

I could care less if someones UI looked like this, as long as they're a good player.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-conte...10/worstui.jpg
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-04-17 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You can raid with no macros just as easily as you can raid with a bunch of them, it depends on playstyle.
    This would require you to manually stop casting to interupt, also, wotlk hunter rotation bound silencing shot to their rotation when they didn't need to silence anything on a fight because it was off the gcd and did damage, whilst you could press it instead when off cd, it would make your life significantly harder than it needed to be.

You can raid without macros, but it really isn't going to be efficient in most cases

Deleted
    A good player can be a horrible raiding partner though. I'd rather play more casual with a couple of funny blokes than listen to whining tryhards if I happen to screw up once. You can judge so much from an application as long as the answers to the questions are more complex than yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmurf View Post
    A good player can be a horrible raiding partner though. I'd rather play more casual with a couple of funny blokes than listen to whining tryhards if I happen to screw up once. You can judge so much from an application as long as the answers to the questions are more complex than yes or no.
    I can understand personality related questions to see if a person will fit in, but listing macros, keybinds, and what not is completely unnecessary.

i can understand 1. and 3. if you're applying to a hard-core/semi hard-core guild. macros and rotations give you a fairly good idea if the guy knows what he's doing. number 2. however, i'd just say shove it. whether you think its clean or not, my ui is what i'm used to and screwing with it would screw up my play and i'm sure most players feel the same way. i'm not gonna rearrange my ui just to get into your stupid guild or to conform to what some GM deems is the 'proper' ui.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    A screenshot of raiding interface is acceptable? No, it marks the guild instantly to me as a bunch of people with serious power chip issues. It's like an employer who asks to see a picture of your living room because they want to "see what kind of person you are".
    and its acceptable to have 3 lots of raid frames, 2 different DPS meters and threat meters running. multiple character and target frames. Its nothing to do with the guild being on a power trip, I couldnt care what your UI looks like, but if your using multiple mods to do the same thing, then that is somthing to for a guild leader to be concerned about as you could be performing better if you only have 1 raid frame, 1 DPS meter, and 1 Threat meter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I can understand personality related questions to see if a person will fit in, but listing macros, keybinds, and what not is completely unnecessary.
    What I'm trying to say it's not always about what the question is but more to the point on how you decide to answer it.
    Being honest with that you think the question is stupid might show the guild that you dont want to deal with bullshit during raids etc.
    Answering with "duh?! whats a macro?" obviously wont really do you any good though.

In a way it is sorting out the people that really want to be in your guild vs those that dont. Generally more enjoyable to raid with people that want to be there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Listing macros sounds terrible and obnoxious. Seriously.
    Luckily you wrote "seriously" or I'd have thought you were one of the many people that joke about finding the listing of a possible candidate's macros a necessity.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 04:05 AM ----------

I could care less if someones UI looked like this, as long as they're a good player.
    Why do you care if their UI looks like that?

I think unless you're applying for a top 100 guild these type of questions are pointless. Just get them in there and raiding with you as a trial, I couldn't care at all what their UI looks like and what macros/addons they use as long as they get the job done. Personally I'm the raid leader and healer for my team and use next to no addons, not even healing addons. We're a heroic progression guild and I'm usually being ranked on WoL, it's simply not needed to be a good player anyone who says otherwise is just out right wrong. In my eyes, most addons just make shit easier, so if someone can play well and perform the role perfectly without the use of addons, they're generally a better player than someone needing the addons in the first place.

Any new recruits I just trial for a period of time with them outside the guild, once they've proven themselves I invite them into the guild and go from there.

Deleted
    [IMG.]http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/worstui.jpg[/IMG]
    This is what I am talking about when I mean a UI. on that UI you can see that they have 15 FPS and they are a healer in a 25 man raid. if this was a genuine ui and not a joke one. Then I would be very concerned.

By dropping a few mods off such as the raid frames, and sticking with grid, they would get an improvement in the FPS, This in turn increases performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post

Any new recruits I just trial for a period of time with them outside the guild, once they've proven themselves I invite them into the guild and go from there.
    Are you a 25man or 10man guild? Do you sit out your current members while trialing potential new ones or are you using the to fill up missing roles for the raid?

honestly most guilds use big application forms to get people that actually fit into the guild, in terms of progression. lets be honest a guild that takes 2mins to apply to gets a lot more "useless" applications than a guild that require some effort.

Deleted
    Thats really smooth. I'd like to say you've been quite lucky with your roster then.
    But there are no wrong ways of recruiting people as long as you get the results that you want. But yeah mostly the applicant will pull the short straw, which ofcourse sucks if you have a biased view on it. :P

It's what is on the inside that counts; all that glitters isn't gold.
    If only an application process handled online could see into your very soul and tell us all what kind of person you are. Shit, I guess we'll just have to make do with what we have to learn about people before we dedicate time, effort, and potential gear toward trying them out.

Not sure what happen to my post, but yeah, I also know some people who see those forms and just blatantly refuse to fill them in. But get them in vent and conduct it like an interview and they're fine. Talking to someone over vent and putting them on the spot about they're class can tell you pretty damn quickly if they know they're class and role.

A form on the other hand they can take their time and fabricate the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate guild apps now days. If i was to start raiding again I would never fill one out again. I raided for 7 years and if a guild expects me to do paper work before joining when i have probably raided before any of them even started playing wow i will not do it. They either want the class i am playing at the time or they do not. It's as simple as that. I have never been kicked or failed a trial and have left every guild i have raided in on my own accord.

If they will not take me because of this then its there loss not mine because its rare to get a raider with as much experience as me.
    Aye mate

Your paperwork to play a game more complicated than your rental application for an apartment, your job application, and your taxes?

See: Where have all the Raiders Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    and its acceptable to have 3 lots of raid frames, 2 different DPS meters and threat meters running. multiple character and target frames. Its nothing to do with the guild being on a power trip, I couldnt care what your UI looks like, but if your using multiple mods to do the same thing, then that is somthing to for a guild leader to be concerned about as you could be performing better if you only have 1 raid frame, 1 DPS meter, and 1 Threat meter.
    And if you have your couch positioned facing west, it's something your boss should be concerned about because it takes you 5 more seconds to navigate the room, 5 seconds you could spend working. This has EVERYTHING to do with power tripping. If the person is not performing good enough - kick him and find a new one. It's not your bloody job to control someone else to improve their performance.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    In a way it is sorting out the people that really want to be in your guild vs those that dont. Generally more enjoyable to raid with people that want to be there
    Yeah, and it's also more enjoyable to play with guilds who mind their own damn business.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Your paperwork to play a game more complicated than your rental application for an apartment, your job application, and your taxes?

See: Where have all the Raiders Gone.
    Ha with you there. My current place was just a few friendly emails and i moved in. Yet a guild in a GAME wants me to fill out more paper work then it took me to get a place to live in.
    Aye mate