I've been searching for a new guild recently and today I came accross several seperate guilds with the same really odd questions in their application forms.
1) To list ALL macros I use... in full! (I have about 30 macros on my warlock, are they insane?)
2) To submit an annotated screenshot of my "raiding interface" with detailed descriptions (wtf?)
3) To detail my DPS rotation in multiple situations
I don't get why they're asking for this stuff, it's completely meaningless and offers no real information. I have half a mind to write profanity in those sections instead.
I haven't really had to apply to a guild before. In the 6 years i've been raiding I've always just joined guilds without needing any of this. Is this normal for application forms? It just sounds to me like these people are heavily deluded. Every guild I've seen using these kinds of questions have particulary poor progress and appear somewhat casual (or at least not at all "hardcore").
I just don't get it, the only information you really need is:
1) Do you have knowledge/experience?
2) Do you have gear?
3) Can you be online at this time?
Anything more is just meaningless information, it's just fluff and serves no purpose. This kind of thing seriously puts me off even applying to guilds, the attitude just rubs me the wrong way.
Do you think these guilds actually care about this stuff, or are just using a standard template intended for "top end" guilds and won't really bother reading those sections?