What profession doesnt require lvl90 to make gold

Hi all, so in past expansions i could have an alt that just had to be high enough to max a profession (IE 75 for cata(i think lol))and i could get all recipes(high and low)to make gold, but when mists dropped it seems like u need to be max lvl on the toon for spirits of harmony and things to make gold. Since im too lazy to grind toons to 90 and actually play them, what professions can i make gold with without actually having to grind rep and things on toons? I know how to make gold and where to research stuff, im just looking for a quick answer to what professions to start with(i have all profs on all toons already)

Tl;dr what professions can i make gold with without having to be lvl90 and without spirits of harmony?

I would say any professions except probably gathering ones unless you dont mind ground mount rinning around Jade Forest. All the crafting profs have stuff you can make and sell that dont require SoH.

The real problem is that you wont be able to get some patterns unles you are 90 and have faction rep.

However you can make anything in inscription and alchemy at lvl 80.
    Enchanting everything but bracer and the best weapon enchants.
    PvP gear for everything else.
    Tailoring requires lvl 85 so you can get to the Silken Fields.
    You will have to grind out 1-2 SoH to completely level BS, tailoring, LW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a lvl 80 with Jc and Enchanting. Not having the rep patterns sucks. But if you farm warbringers you can send em to your 80 and get the rep. I'm revered with Shadopan on my 80 from that. But, haven't seen as many August Celestials commendations. Ugh.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I would say Inscription but that depends on how well the glyphs sell on your server.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Hi all, so in past expansions i could have an alt that just had to be high enough to max a profession (IE 75 for cata(i think lol))and i could get all recipes(high and low)to make gold, but when mists dropped it seems like u need to be max lvl on the toon for spirits of harmony and things to make gold. Since im too lazy to grind toons to 90 and actually play them, what professions can i make gold with without actually having to grind rep and things on toons? I know how to make gold and where to research stuff, im just looking for a quick answer to what professions to start with(i have all profs on all toons already)

Tl;dr what professions can i make gold with without having to be lvl90 and without spirits of harmony?
    Enchanting. I'm not sure you need to care about the rep enchants; most people aren't willing to burn 1500g for a bracer enchant anyway.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I would say any professions except probably gathering ones unless you dont mind ground mount rinning around Jade Forest. All the crafting profs have stuff you can make and sell that dont require SoH.

The real problem is that you wont be able to get some patterns unles you are 90 and have faction rep.

Good thing I did for one of my alts, was farm the tokens from the warbringer rares added in 5.2. If you have bought the charms which double the rep gain on your main you only need 3 tokens I think to get an alt to honoured to be able to buy the special recipes.

Deleted
    You can make everything with alchemy and all the gems but the meta ones with JC (although it will take you a long time until you discover every recipe)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post

My level 80 is a max tailor and LW without using SoH, so no you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only profession that you have the potential to make any serious gold without having reached level cap, would hands down be inscription.

The inscription market is deemed a "babysitting market" which means there is a lot of competition and requires a decent amount of attention (running undercut scans, resetting sub markets ect) to make good gold.

Like everything in life, hard work pays off.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Alchemy, Inscription, Enchanting (just won't have the Sha Crystal recipes) and Jewelcrafting (just won't have Meta gem recipes) you won't need lvl 90 for OR Spirits of Harmony. You can make gold with these profession in varying degrees, depending on how much time you are willing to put into it.

Smelting, underrated, was a great money maker just before and during the launch of 5.2 and that's just focusing on Obs/ele/saronite/cobalt/adam/steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    My level 80 is a max tailor and LW without using SoH, so no you don't.
    I guess if you want to burn through cloth and leather like TP on green patterns you can. Its probably easier to farm up 10 motes of harmony on an 85. Or pay a 90 to fly you somewhere in Pandaria and kill stuff with FFA on so you can loot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    The only profession that you have the potential to make any serious gold without having reached level cap, would hands down be inscription.
    I find alchemy and enchanting much better. For one people actually have to buy an enchant or flask/potion more than once on each character. There also isnt so many AH campers relisting their goods every 10 sec. Alchemy can also transmute gems so your market is much more diverse than glyphs.

You will probably make most of your gold through enchanting on non-sha recipes since a lot of casual players wont pay a premium for the best enchants. You can still DE stuff from other chars and make sha crystals to sell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Good thing I did for one of my alts, was farm the tokens from the warbringer rares added in 5.2. If you have bought the charms which double the rep gain on your main you only need 3 tokens I think to get an alt to honoured to be able to buy the special recipes.
    Thats actually a pretty good tactic if you can get enough of them. You can also get bonus rep from a random dungeon once a week on low level chars. My lvl 70 monk is revered with GL, SP and Klaxxi and needs like 2 more AC badges.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-19 at 05:02 AM.

Gather professions can make good gold since most lvl90 players do not want to bother farming low level stuff.

Enchanting and Tailoring can be good, both for disenchanting materials as well as gathering cloth (to sell or disenchant crafted gear).

Alchemy might have some kinda useful things at lower levels like invisibility potion, but probably nothing worthwhile.

Inscription has a lot of glyphs that are always useful and can be sold, especially some minor glyphs.

Alchemy, transmute master, buy ghost iron ore, smelt to bars. Transmute to trillium (get procs) - do daily transmute Living Steel (get procs) and make profit.

Alchemy, it's a great trade skill for lower level alts and scales nicely because the money is made from the 24 hour coolodowns. Spend a minute logging into each alt once per day, perform transmute, collect profit, repeat. Buy/sell on AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Gather professions can make good gold since most lvl90 players do not want to bother farming low level stuff.

Enchanting and Tailoring can be good, both for disenchanting materials as well as gathering cloth (to sell or disenchant crafted gear).

Alchemy might have some kinda useful things at lower levels like invisibility potion, but probably nothing worthwhile.

Inscription has a lot of glyphs that are always useful and can be sold, especially some minor glyphs.
    this a stack of light leather sold for 10g on my new realm. but i also saw rugged leather sell for 80-100g a stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    inscription + JC for wrath gems they sell for good golds

Archaeology, technically you're never spending

on a serious note probably Alchemy.

Deleted
    Alchemy is OP goldmaker atm, works best if you have at least 2 characters with alchemy
    On one character transmute master and make whole metal chain (ore->bars on miner, bars-> trillium, trillium-> living steels), and double-step meta gem making (green gem+ lotus -> blue gems, blue gems-> meta gems)
    On second character potion master. Demand on these is high and profit margins are often over 100 percent not counting procs.