Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
    What ice tomb on Iron Qon do they mean?
    Phase 4 - touching a frozen tornados will put you in one of those things

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The difference from the old system is that you don't compete with other players for gear. Your chances of winning something are independent from theirs, and even if the afker standing in the corner wins something, it doesn't decrease your chances of winning an item you want. Essentially it takes out the ninja/trading/class imbalance factors that made it even less likely for you to win something in DS LFR. Yes you will still go for periods without winning stuff or win stuff that you don't need. The same thing can and does happen in normal raids. LFR is not meant to give you gear faster than normal/heroic, and it IS meant to have a big RNG factor.
    Until someone shows me a link where everyone in the raid won something I will be extremely skeptical on how someone else's roll effects others. But as far as I am concerned the afker in the corner winning something and me not winning something is the exact same as his winning causing me to lose. Its the exact same result. Whats changed, we can't see it, thats it. Results are all I care about.

As for DS, I geared up three alts through DS lfr in about 3 months. I might have won 5 useful pieces through all my toons combined since mop. Though to be fair I don't run lfr often and as a result my alts are poorly geared.

As a final note, I am a fan of RNG. When you win you get excited. Problem is you still have lots of RNG but its almost immediately soured when you "win", if it can even be called that, an item you don't need. So either they up the "winning" chance or give you more control of what you win.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Dat loot QQ <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    RNG is RNG.

RNG has always been RNG.

All of these complaints to suddenly "Change" RNG are idiotic. It's the same way it's always been, SAVE for the charms which give you an extra chance at loot. And people are suddenly complaining RNG is too restrictive?
    I expect in the next expansion they will allow us to spend charms for a chance at a specific item, or have a thumbs up/thumbs down loot table that will allow the game to more accurately fill our needs with the same or similar RNG system.

Until then the CM's will do their job by defending the systems as an alternative to saying "You're right, it's not great, and we'll have it fixed within a year. "Soon ™"

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting repeats isn't RNG, it's dumb. At least before you could choose to pass on crap. Imho, the loot systems are fine, but allow trading of gear we win in LFR to players that shared the kill. Or at least exclude an item we already have if it's going to give us something. Most of the time the item that's a repeat is less vendor gold than winning the bag....

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    The RNG argument is pointless. Blizz isn't going to change the loot--the random loot is an intentional, artificial content-extender.

Btw...funny that the bluepost mentioned fun in the same breath as RNG.

Because, you know, there's nothing fun about it. After weeks (months!) of not getting the drop, not having something to spend vp/jp on, and LFR giving the same drops over and over (but rarely, if ever, what you need) there isn't this overwhelming feeling of excitement when something finally DOES drop--it's a sort of, "Meh, finally," sense of relief, and then you continue on to the next queue or the next reg/roic raid.

I've never felt more stagnated in my progression than I have felt in MoP, which is odd, because LFR supposedly makes content so accessible.
    It's not even "artificial", these systems are designed around gambling and reward theory. This is the most addictive and ultimately psychologically rewarding system that offers a "high" or rush from winning, and you act like it's some sinister plan to trick you into spending time. This is what happens when people burn out. They forget that you just play the game because it's fun, and start seeing that what you once found fun isn't fun the 100,1000th time you doti, and you recognize you were just addicted to an artificially designed system of reward vs failure. Once that appreciation for the rewards vanishes, you burn out and then start blaming anything you can but the actual truth.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW