Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I really find it amazing they're still alive, I'm surprised there hasn't been one person who lost their child and has nothing left to live for, and vows to shoot the WBC while they're picketing at their kids funeral

10+ Year Old Account
    All it's really going to take is pissing off a military trained sniper/bomb tech with nothing to lose and problem solved.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-04-18 at 07:21 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Just wanted to leave one last comment in this thread.

For people that believe that WBC should not be allowed to say what they do (and remember, there are already laws in many places that keep them out of sight and hearing of funerals), because you feel it's wrong, immoral or hateful... Go have a look at Russia, where many cities lately have approved laws against "Homosexual propaganda" because it's "wrong" and "immoral".

Freedom of speech goes both ways. Simple as that.

I just find it disappointing that this sort of 'controversy' simply detracts from the actual matter at hand. The fact is people have died and many, many people were injured by an a seemingly random act of violence by bad people. Our thoughts and our hearts should be with the victims and their families not with the WBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Just wanted to leave one last comment in this thread.

For people that believe that WBC should not be allowed to say what they do (and remember, there are already laws in many places that keep them out of sight and hearing of funerals), because you feel it's wrong, immoral or hateful... Go have a look at Russia, where many cities lately have approved laws against "Homosexual propaganda" because it's "wrong" and "immoral".

Freedom of speech goes both ways. Simple as that.
    You are exactly right... it goes both ways.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    All it's really going to take is pissing off a military trained sniper/bomb tech with nothing to lose and problem solved.
    Well, they already picketed a bunch of military funerals didn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, they already picketed a bunch of military funerals didn't they?
    Sure they do... its what got them sued all the way to the Supreme Court.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    This thread has been one of the better reads on this forum, lots of good points being made, on both sides of the FoS arguement. But how these guys can be taken seriously is beyond my comprehension. Here's Louis Theroux's latest report from last year, 4 years after he first visited the WBC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmg69XmJp8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy View Post
    This thread has been one of the better reads on this forum, lots of good points being made, on both sides of the FoS arguement. But how these guys can be taken seriously is beyond my comprehension. Here's Louis Theroux's latest report from last year, 4 years after he first visited the WBC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmg69XmJp8
    You see Smeggy, I find WBC and what they say utterly repulsive and disgusting... However, what they say is completely legal; Vile, rude, offensive, but legal.

Hopefully it will go like the time Westboro picketed Comi-Con. Except y'know more funeral appropriate. Less "Bite My Shiney Metal @$$!" more "Amazing Grace".

P.S. If you have questions search: Westboro & Comi-Con.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Hopefully it will go like the time Westboro picketed Comi-Con. Except y'know more funeral appropriate. Less "Bite My Shiney Metal @$$!" more "Amazing Grace".

P.S. If you have questions search: Westboro & Comi-Con.
    Fundamentalism cannot compete with the power of nerd-dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    (a bit of a digression incoming) See, that's what I don't like about Anonymous. They don't really DO anything beyond trying to strong arm people or incite OTHERS into action. The people that accomplish things (barring the Westboro nuts) go out and protest for it, or lobby for it, or march for it, or stage sit-ins for it. They don't sit on the internet trying to goad others into action while they sit back and do nothing. It's like if Martin Luther King moved to the north and wrote inflammatory editorials in Southern newspapers under a false name trying to rally southern African Americans into action.
    You underestimate the power of someone bringing people together. If Anonymous can make people care about something they normally wouldn't be aware of or wouldn't care of, they're doing a good thing.

Deleted
    doesn't anonymous usually fight for freedom of speach?

Or is that only when people agree with them?

Not that I condone these cretins and their distateful protest, but thats not a reason to infringe on freedom of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    doesn't anonymous usually fight for freedom of speach?

Or is that only when people agree with them?

Not that I condone these cretins and their distateful protest, but thats not a reason to infringe on freedom of expression.
    Anonymous is against WBC using their freedom of expression to tell the loved ones of people killed in war or terror attacks that their loved ones are going to hell because of "the gay agenda" the government is propagating. It's really that simple.

Yes, they have the right to say it, but they're fucking assholes.

I honestly admire the Hell's Angels and other groups that go wherever WBC goes and form the human shields way more than Anonymous in this, but at the same time I don't really think Anonymous is being hypocritical. You can love free speech, and hate someone's particular application of it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Anonymous is against WBC using their freedom of expression to tell the loved ones of people killed in war or terror attacks that their loved ones are going to hell because of "the gay agenda" the government is propagating. It's really that simple.

Yes, they have the right to say it, but they're fucking assholes.

I honestly admire the Hell's Angels and other groups that go wherever WBC goes and form the human shields way more than Anonymous in this, but at the same time I don't really think Anonymous is being hypocritical. You can love free speech, and hate someone's particular application of it.
    Yeah, when the Hell's Angels and the Klu Klux Klan are forming a barrier to protect you and your loved ones from hate speech, there is something wrong with what those people are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, when the Hell's Angels and the Klu Klux Klan are forming a barrier to protect you and your loved ones from hate speech, there is something wrong with what those people are saying.
    I am reasonably certain that we ALL agree that what WBC SAYS is wrong, hateful and hurtful... and there is where the agreement ends.

Some would violate their rights and the rights of everyone in an attempt to silence WBC... While there are those that while disagreeing with what WBC says, recognize what they say IS LEGAL and are willing to protect their right to freedom of speech.

The question now is, is someone truly FOR freedom of speech, or truly against it.. if you support silencing WBC then you are against freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I am reasonably certain that we ALL agree that what WBC SAYS is wrong, hateful and hurtful... and there is where the agreement ends.

Some would violate their rights and the rights of everyone in an attempt to silence WBC... While there are those that while disagreeing with what WBC says, recognize what they say IS LEGAL and are willing to protect their right to freedom of speech.

The question now is, is someone truly FOR freedom of speech, or truly against it.. if you support silencing WBC then you are against freedom of speech.
    So long as you don't go on to say that I am in favour of installing Kim Jong Un as the leader of every country in the world if I disagree with full freedom of expression.

From what I read of anonymous ... Lol. WBC, as much as I hate them, probably have thousands of organisations trying to bring them down and anonymous are just lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So long as you don't go on to say that I am in favour of installing Kim Jong Un as the leader of every country in the world if I disagree with full freedom of expression.
    Hell no I wouldn't accuse you of that unless I was imminently convinced that was your desire...