Whats the first piece of tyrannical gear should you buy first?

Whats the first piece of tyrannical gear should you buy first? I'm a human sub rogue, im thinking one of the set pieces, but which one?
    Last edited by byDash; 2013-04-17 at 01:20 AM.

I usually buy the chest.

every new season i just repeat this process: i always get the dps trinket first cause it makes the quickest impact. then i go for the 2 cheapest tier pieces: the gloves and shoulders to get the 2-set bonus quickly.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    every new season i just repeat this process: i always get the dps trinket first cause it makes the quickest impact. then i go for the 2 cheapest tier pieces: the gloves and shoulders to get the 2-set bonus quickly.
    2 set bonus is global no matter if you're in half Malev/Half dreadful or half tyrannical/half malev...

PvP Pop dps trinket ---> Shoulders (1250 pieces + hands/legs drop off Nalak) ---> Weapons ----> Helm/chest ---- helm/chest.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    2 set bonus is global no matter if you're in half Malev/Half dreadful or half tyrannical/half malev...

PvP Pop dps trinket ---> Shoulders (1250 pieces + hands/legs drop off Nalak) ---> Weapons ----> Helm/chest ---- helm/chest.
    i know, just saying. its my pattern and i just stick with it each season.

Trinket for DPS. The proc on the tyrannical one is like 500+ agility/intellect/strength over the malev one, and you usually want to maximize your damage during procs. Even if you average out the proc over time (20 sec duration with a proc every 50 seconds or so for 40% uptime), the trinket comes out to like a 200 main stat gain, whereas any other piece is more like a 100 stat gain.

I don't use on-use because engineer, but I would get that instead if you don't have synapse springs.

Indeed, the trinkets are by far the best single piece you can get. As a Human DPS it's probably best to get both the DPS trinkets (on use and proc), and then I'd probably get the Chest, then weapons, then it kind of matters less. Do the rings/bracers/neck/etc. last though, they're the smallest upgrades.

Deleted
    And don't get the stuff Nalak can drop, first fill the slots he can't drop.

You should always replace your worst piece of gear. Otherwise go Weapon first.> Set bonus from 4 piece ( if you have no other pvp gear )

15+ Year Old Account
    Weapon after they take the requirement off of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    currently i always go for dps trinkets first then weapons after that replacing "worst" gear first.

I upgrade the items that don't need reforging first as they give more of the stats that I want.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Wep and OH. Didnt have the upgraded version from Season 12. Chest, shoulders and Head I'll have right now, buying both trinkets this week.

As some people have pointed out, even I go for the things that can't drop from Nalak, if you buy the gloves, and the gloves dropps the week after, 1750 conq right to the river. (Ye I know that you will Need them eventually, but not at the start.

shoulders/trinket in first 2 weeks if you dont have a raised cap, then save for chest and helm. main reason is these dont drop from the world boss, it would suck to buy legs and then have them drop for you, that 2250 wasted conquest.

If you area dps, pvp trinket, then helm ( so you can get the meta asap ), then save for the weapons. after that, shoulders, chest. and then the rest doesnt matter. Just make sure you kill Nalak every weeks.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.