Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    my point is that playing d3 would be so little $/h that "extra income" is a terrible reason to play it. i play games to have fun, not to earn cents an hour. studying or working in that time would help you in terms of $ far more than playing d3
    My apologies, having fun was inferred. Afterall, playing a game without having fun is ridiculous. Consequently, an additional reason, such as a small trickle of extra income, on top of having fun, was what I was aiming at.

too bad they are not adding a map system as in poe or TL2, its amazing and will bring this game too a whole new level if done correctly

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    too bad they are not adding a map system as in poe or TL2, its amazing and will bring this game too a whole new level if done correctly
    Endless Dungeon please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recurrence View Post
    So I played through the story on normal once when it came out - with a demon hunter.
    That's just not the way these games are designed to be played. Be it Diablo, Torchlight or any other hack and slash game it's all about beating the game on the hardest difficulty and farming gear. I racked up over 100 hours easily within the first couple of months and I wasn't even that into the game (compared to MMO's etc), it's quite addicting if you play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    d3 > wow for me these days.

Solo challenges
    No required gearscore
    No yelling 14 year old guild leaders
    No need to do dailies to be able to play (and get accepted)
    Hardcore play: you die: you restart as a lvl 1.

Some say Wotlk was the pinacle of WoW and all they did was face roll the same 10 dungeons for 2 years straight without ANY challenge.

At least in D3 I am not dependant on a 14 year old kid getting a meaningful life through yelling in a microphone.
    No wonder your outlook on wow is so bleak :S and your pretty stupid too. Why allow yourself to be shouted on by a 14 year old kid ? Moreover why join a guild that has a Guild Leader who is 14 O.o your logic fails SOOO HARD :S

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    No wonder your outlook on wow is so bleak :S and your pretty stupid too. Why allow yourself to be shouted on by a 14 year old kid ? Moreover why join a guild that has a Guild Leader who is 14 O.o your logic fails SOOO HARD :S
    Who talked about a 14 year old guild leader ? I was talking about a 14 year old Raid or dungeon leader that keep popping up in these games. These kids pop up everywhere in WoW.

I like the HC challenge far more in D3. Solo, no yelling, at your own pace without being in a rat race.

Heavenly play actually in HC. "I don't have to keep playing every day to follow the rat race, hell I can decide to play whenever I want WITH my own chosen challenge".

Fabulous.

Deleted

Solo challenges
    No required gearscore
    Who talked about a 14 year old guild leader ?
    There you go

Deleted

Solo challenges
    No required gearscore
    No need to do dailies to be able to play (and get accepted)
    Hardcore play: you die: you restart as a lvl 1.

Some say Wotlk was the pinacle of WoW and all they did was face roll the same 10 dungeons for 2 years straight without ANY challenge.

At least in D3 I am not dependant on a 14 year old kid getting a meaningful life through yelling in a microphone.

You can do "solo challenges" in WoW aswell, in entirely up to you.
    There is only required "gearscore" for certain thing in WoW It's not mandatory for everything in the game. 14 year olds guild leaders yelling? Time to join another guild. Don't need to do dailies to get accepted everywhere.
    Wotlk had Ulduar which is THE raiding content of WoW. Best content ever released by blizzard, too bad they decided not to follow up on it.
    D3 is a very well done game, too bad most people expect a complete game upon release or shortly after. It's a game that's made so that it can be developted through several years.
    I find is fun how some people always refer to D2 as how the game should be, but if they had been playing D2 from the start they would know that D2 was far from the complete game when released as most people makes it out to be. Many of the features didn't exist until LOD was released and after that.
    I think D3 is a game with great potential and that we just have to give the developers some time.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU View Post
    You can do "solo challenges" in WoW aswell, in entirely up to you.
    There is only required "gearscore" for certain thing in WoW It's not mandatory for everything in the game. 14 year olds guild leaders yelling? Time to join another guild. Don't need to do dailies to get accepted everywhere.
    Wotlk had Ulduar which is THE raiding content of WoW. Best content ever released by blizzard, too bad they decided not to follow up on it.
    D3 is a very well done game, too bad most people expect a complete game upon release or shortly after. It's a game that's made so that it can be developted through several years.
    I find is fun how some people always refer to D2 as how the game should be, but if they had been playing D2 from the start they would know that D2 was far from the complete game when released as most people makes it out to be. Many of the features didn't exist until LOD was released and after that.
    I think D3 is a game with great potential and that we just have to give the developers some time.
    We've given them years like I think that's enough.