[Warlock] 3v3 Comps

Hey guys, wanted to get some input from you all about our prefered 3v3 comps. What I am currently looking at are the following:

RLS
    RLD
    WLD

What do you think would be the best specs to run for these as the lock? Here is what I am thinking:

Destro/Affliction - Depending on the rogue partner and how well they can peel or control, affliction may be needed for control while rogue does the burst
    Destro - Rogue and druid can handle most of the control and burst would be left to me as Destro
    Affliction - Warrior burst is crazy, their peels are nice so I would be mainly pressure and control?

Any input would be great.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Deleted
    Right now you would probably be better of with destro for all three, affliction isn't needed for control, because doesn't have any extra really. Also it's not like you are going to kill anything with affli pressure, and both warrior and rogue are about burst, so it's just about connecting on your target. Shaman druid doesn't make much difference maybe how often you need to peel or not, anyway all you can do is spam fear. With warrior you would need to peel even more. Anyway if you want to play affliction, play affliction might not work as good but you might hold your own.

Would Demo work as well? The burst it provides in a short period of time without having that super long cast time would work well correct?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destro with Supremacy is the best. And I would say RLS.

Afflic won't work well in PvP, you will never get to channel malefic ever and until the 5.3 change to refund Soul Shards from dispelled Haunts, you're kinda SOL there too. Afflic also doesn't really have much more control than destro does. If you aren't playing Mage/Lock/Druid I would say RLS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone dispells haunts anyways with UA on target, pointless change tbh. I'd say destro for selfheals or demo for knockback+leap since you gonna be tunneled 24/7

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Noone dispells haunts anyways with UA on target, pointless change tbh. I'd say destro for selfheals or demo for knockback+leap since you gonna be tunneled 24/7
    I dispell haunt ALL the time with UA on the target. The silence DR's and doesn't hit hard at all. Much better to prevent 30% increased damage on the target in the case the lock does get off a malefic.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The" warlock comp right now is Affliction Lock / Fmage / Rdruid (MLD), it's the highest CC comp in the game, and their level of both pressure (aff lock) and burst (fmage) is pretty incredible. Like God Comp, the fmage peels allow the aff lock to free cast early on, which should result in low health targets - follow that into high CC on non-kill targets (should be able to CC both via poly/fears/cyclones/roots) - into a deep freeze / shatter combo, and you have a kill. I'm likely going to play it next season myself, should be fun - I plan to run an Imp pet for team dispels, then I'm an s8 spriest all over again

Outside of that, I've fought a Windwalker / Demonology / Rsham comp a few times lately and they're pretty impressive! (The lock swapped to Destruction for a few fights but seemed to prefer Demonology).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-04-17 at 05:26 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Rogue lock shaman should be played as demonology.

Its the comp I play with on my shaman and it works wonders. half of the games we get a kill under 5 seconds.. stupid shit is stupid.

My warlock makes guides for all spects too, if you are interested you can follow him on twitch.tv/decayforever. I think he streamed a few of our games too.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    went 20-2 with destro WLD last night @ a decent mmr if you wanted to try that. it's not that easy atm but lots of options running that target wise.. get trinks and hard switch; usually drop people in a few seconds when you get an opening. Destro RLS is good atm too.

just run anything with a high burst class and you should do ok. MLX is ofc still good..probably better than anything else for locks.