Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    And it's not even on the 3DS, it will be on the Wii U virtual console.
    Oh man, rereleasing a ROM for a niche SNES-era turn-based JRPG exclusively to a console that's still trying to find its legs; This can only end well.

It's a shame that we'll probably never get another mention of the Mother franchise if/when this fails to sell.

So I was sort of on edge about buying a 3ds. Since I don't really care about 3D at all. but now I have to get it... Link to the Past and Yoshi's island are some of my favorite games of all time. And the Videos look amazing. xD
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ughhhh I want to play the new Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi's Islands, because those are some great franchises/titles and I have spent lots and lots of time on them in the past.

I don't want to buy a 3DS that gives me eyestrain to do it.

I totally understand that gens improve and march forward with time... I just feel that the 3DS isn't deserving of a whole new gen title, nor the exclusives that go with. Oh well, more $$$$ for Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Oh man, rereleasing a ROM for a niche SNES-era turn-based JRPG exclusively to a console that's still trying to find its legs; This can only end well.

It's a shame that we'll probably never get another mention of the Mother franchise if/when this fails to sell.
    Earthbound's fairly well known, really. It's just that a lot of people haven't played it or have only played it through emulation because buying a legit copy costs far too much money.
    It's only getting brought over here because so many people requested it, and there's been a lot of good feedback. It won't be a system seller, but I don't think it's going to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    Nintendo is again going to design an entire game around a gimmick.
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?
    I am glad we're getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 soon though, and that Bravely Default is coming.
    i fail to see how actually swinging the sword is a gimmick....

unless someone is disabled i fail to see how being more realistic is a bad thing in fact the controls is probably the main reason its my favorite zelda game of all time.

i guess some people just cant stand the tiniest bit of extra movement
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i guess some people just cant stand the tiniest bit of extra movement
    Yet we've been throwing ourselves left and right across the sofa for 20 years or more when playing racing games.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

i really want the wiiu even more now i still havent picked one up due to money reasons but i definitely need to get one before pikmin comes out, which also comes out the day after my birthday
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Ughhhh I want to play the new Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi's Islands, because those are some great franchises/titles and I have spent lots and lots of time on them in the past.

The 3D itself can be turned off so that there's no eye strain, though the feature is situational depending on the game as some do it well while others are downright painful. Also Sticker Star is rather poorly done and very disappointing. You aren't missing much from that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not sure that's a magic meter, when he charged his sword it didn't use it. When he used the giant hammer, it depleted and regenned.

Looks more like a stamina bar.
    Yea, I thought about that after. Could be interesting.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The 3D itself can be turned off so that there's no eye strain, though the feature is situational depending on the game as some do it well while others are downright painful. Also Sticker Star is rather poorly done and very disappointing. You aren't missing much from that title.
    Yeah, I think it really depends on the game. I didn't think much of the entire 3D feature (didn't hate or like the idea), just thought it was a gimmick that I may enjoy from time to time and was glad you could turn off if needed. Then I played Kingdom HeartsDD and wow. Was rather impressed by the 3D. Can't be used during travel cos the screen shakes too much (the 3D effect is only good if you can keep the screen pretty still), but since I play it mostly at home, I'm really enjoying the 3D effects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Oh I get that (though I've never personally used it with it off since I've only played with demo models), it's just that the capability is what creates the price. I already have a DSi. I don't need a brand new DSi that's twice as expensive just to play a few more games (since I likely wouldn't use the 3D at all, it really does bother me near-instantaneously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Seconding the poor review to Sticker Star, avoid.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I totally understand that gens improve and march forward with time... I just feel that the 3DS isn't deserving of a whole new gen title, nor the exclusives that go with. Oh well, more $$$$ for Nintendo.
    Paper Mario was fucking terrible, Luigi's Mansion was decent though.

Oh I get that (though I've never personally used it with it off since I've only played with demo models), it's just that the capability is what creates the price. I already have a DSi. I don't need a brand new DSi that's twice as expensive just to play a few more games (since I likely wouldn't use the 3D at all, it really does bother me near-instantaneously).
    And the GBA was just a Gameboy Colour with a few extra games. You're only missing out on improved hardware and controls, and a library that will likely match or outgrow the DS' by the end of its lifespan.

I can understand not wanting to drop the money on one right now, but calling it a DSi with 3D and "a few extra games" is pretty silly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looking at it straight on? I noticed the 3D effect is rather jarring if you're looking at it at the wrong angle, thus why I can't play on a moving vehicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Have you looking at it straight on? I noticed the 3D effect is rather jarring if you're looking at it at the wrong angle, thus why I can't play on a moving vehicle.
    That's when you slide the 3D down. But anyone who thinks it's just the DSi with a few more games really hasn't gotten to grips with the 3DS, the huge difference in graphics, and the ever expanding library of great games. It's a huge upgrade over the predecessor, the only downside to the DS series is the edges are really pointy and uncomfortable to hold, thankfully the 3DSXL fixed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did they cancel the previous Yoshi game (the one that had a graphic style sort of like Kirby's Epic Yarn and looked like a sequel to Yoshi Story) and replace it with Yoshi's Island 3, or is there going to be a Yoshi game for 3DS and Wii U? I love the game play of the Island games, but I think the original game they showed looked much more unique and interesting. I really hope they improve the music for this new Island game, I personally though the soundtrack for Yoshi's Island DS was god awful, one of the few game soundtracks I actually generally dislike hearing, especially when compared to the original Island.

Kind of sucks that Donkey Kong on 3DS is just a port of the Wii game with an extra world, at least when Rare did the handheld DKC games (Land) they gave them mostly unique stages and sometimes worlds. Also I think those items they added to the easy mode would have been better if they had been added as actual items you could obtain or buy in the normal game mode, kind of like the lives and stuff you could buy in Gremlins 2 on the NES.

Does Mario & Luigi: Dream Team seem to have the same bizarreness and humor of the other 3 or does it look like its gonna be a bland game with unoriginal enemies like Sticker Star? The video wasn't working for me at the start when they showed it so I couldn't see the new stuff they were showing.

Also I have no need to download a copy of EarthBound, but the very fact that it is at least getting re-released outside of Japan officially is some major news, possibly the biggest news for me from this recent Nintendo announcement. To bad though its just a single download release and not a trilogy collection for 3DS, but damn at least its some recognition, here to hoping the Mother series gets better represented in Smash Bros 4 from this.

Now for StarTropics to get some modern day recognition...
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-04-19 at 03:19 AM.

No yoshi yarn is gonna be a Wii U title and yoshi's island 3 will be a 3DS title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Kind of sucks that Donkey Kong on 3DS is just a port of the Wii game with an extra world, at least when Rare did the handheld DKC games (Land) they gave them mostly unique stages and sometimes worlds.
    Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Returns, I was hoping it would have been a sequel at least.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That's when you slide the 3D down. But anyone who thinks it's just the DSi with a few more games really hasn't gotten to grips with the 3DS, the huge difference in graphics, and the ever expanding library of great games. It's a huge upgrade over the predecessor, the only downside to the DS series is the edges are really pointy and uncomfortable to hold, thankfully the 3DSXL fixed that.
    Yea, 3D is always turned off in the bus :P though I can't resist during cutscenes. Luckily it takes me awhile to suffer from any symptoms of motion sickness, so turning it on for a couple of minutes doesn't do anything.

And yeah the graphical improvement is fantastic. Plus the console feels alot better than the DS did (its weight and size). I just hope they come up with a wider range of new games, and don't do too many ports/remakes.