Deleted

Blood DK questions. First Time poster.

1) Should I use " Rune of the Fallen Crusader" instead of "Rune of the Sword Shatterer" ? "Got 9/9 gold without, but people annoying me over it"

2) How Do I know when enough Stamina/Mastery is enough ? eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Smilesprower/simple

3) Advanced Tacts Timing Death Strike etc, Does this really matter if your gaining a blood shield anyways ? How many Stacks before using it ?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - You can use Rune of the Fallen Crusader (I do because my dps and my tanking weapon are shared), but Swordshattering will your go-to during progression. Fallen Crusader will pump out a bit more dps if you're finding you're unable to hit that target in time.

2 - When healers are comfortable healing you you switch to mastery and stick with that. 30k stamina is definitely enough for normal modes and going into heroic modes. You can also switch to Stoneskin Gargoyle on your weapon if you feel your stamina is not enough instead of gemming more at a tradeoff of avoidance. Unfortunately there are no clear "caps" that say "you're ready".

3 - The stacks aren't all that amazing, but generally, and this is how I do it: I will use DS whenever I have runes for it unless I know specifically some damage is about to hit. So I do take a moment to glance at the DBM timers. If I see a Lightning Storm (Terrace, for example) is about to strike I might stop burning runes on DS, take the hit, and heal back up since you heal a portion of the damage sustained. But overall I don't stop most of the time. Even the minimum heal + shield rarely goes to waste.

Deleted
    Thank a mill for the reply.

Deleted
    1.) Fallen Crusader is nice to swap in during challenge modes, it adds a fair bit of dps during the boss fights and you usually don't need the swordshattering that badly. In general fallen crusader adds less damage than using swordshattering and getting more dps stats/trinkets does (and you generally want to mini-max your survivability on most progression fights) though, since your ap already is so insanely high from vengence. For farm content you can go ahead and roll with fallen crusader (and hell, full dps reforging/gemming if you want), but for progression I'd stick to swordshattering (or even stoneskin on some fights).

2.) Depends on the fight and your healers, but I would consider your health to be more than enough for most 10 mans. On fights like hc horridon or tortos you might want to consider swapping in an extra hp trinket (or even gemming a bit of stamina). You can never have enough mastery really.

3.) Don't care about the SoB stacks, the chances of you reaching more than 5 stacks and hence "wasting" them is close to impossible under normal gameplay. Regarding DS you generally want to keep one death strike (either from runes or blood tap) available at all times incase you take a significant amount of burst/drop low, the other ones you generally want to dump in any window where you'll gain a fair bit of healing/to prevent that you cap out on runes (resulting in a dps and healing loss).

For specific fights/abilities, like horridons puncturing strike or tortos snapping bite, you generally want to save up (even if it results in you "sitting" on runes) and use your death strikes around these abilities. Depending on your hp and their damage you either use them before to build a blood shield giving you an extra buffer for the attack and/or after to get a massive heal+shield and back to a safe amount of hp right away.

I tanked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ToT LFRs last night in full dps gear (520 ilvl), it was awesome. I topped the dps meter on every fight (even over 3 of my main raiders), and only died once on primordious because somehow I managed to get like 7 negative buffs hehe. When my healer was in the group I was just standing in stuff to get more vengeance because I knew he could keep me up .

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    I tanked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ToT LFRs last night in full dps gear (520 ilvl), it was awesome. I topped the dps meter on every fight (even over 3 of my main raiders), and only died once on primordious because somehow I managed to get like 7 negative buffs hehe. When my healer was in the group I was just standing in stuff to get more vengeance because I knew he could keep me up .
    You can even tank normal modes in DPS gear, when they force me to tank i always do that to take my ravange!:P

1) Fallen Crusader most of the time - SSG for hard hitting stuff (Horridon mostly)
    2) Stamina : As long as you don't get killed within less then 2-3 seconds you generally have enough hp
    Mastery: There isn't really a limit here unless you find yourself in a situation where most of the healing you require is covered by your own abilities.
    3) I generally just spam it unless I know I'm going to need to perfectly time it - in that case I just wait for my health to drop by about 30% until I use DS. As others have mentioned some bosses (mostly 25m though) require you to pre-shield attacks and/or have a DS ready for after the burst.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 12:28 PM ----------

It's lfr .... the majority of players there can't even manage to beat 50k dps.... also dps gear is generally not optimized for tank dps since you won't have exp hardcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's lfr .... the majority of players there can't even manage to beat 50k dps.... also dps gear is generally not optimized for tank dps since you won't have exp hardcap.
    Yeah... about that, I was pulling at or more than I could as dps, between 150k and 200k on pretty much every boss, but your right I was only beating the dps because lfr people are bad.

Yeah... about that, I was pulling at or more than I could as dps, between 150k and 200k on pretty much every boss, but your right I was only beating the dps because lfr people are bad.
    It's called Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    It's called Vengeance.
    I understand how things work. All I said was it was fun doing huge dps as a tank and everyone has to dissect what I said, fun haters everywhere.

I understand how things work. All I said was it was fun doing huge dps as a tank and everyone has to dissect what I said, fun haters everywhere.
    Because your post was pointless and off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Because your post was pointless and off-topic.
    Yep, because there wasn't talk of gearing with fallen crusader and/or dps gear/reforges in the post before mine and I was showing that dps gear is fully viable to tank LFR and that it was fun.

I talk about something I thought was fun, that was on the topic of what was being discussed and immediately people are butthurt. It's a game, I play for fun, sharing that fun is apparently looked down upon here.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-18 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's got his answer. This off-topic discussion isn't necessary any more.