Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know someone who is like this... he works at a retirement home and has a bachelors... in psychology hahaha.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Is that why many majors have unemployment rates below 5%, and some even under 3%?

In fact, I'd wager the average unemployment for someone with a Bachelors is about 5%.
    Of ALL college grads rates are low. Of recent college grads rates are higher and most take jobs that do not even require degrees. That is a serious problem.

I can go get a job at Lowes or Captain D's tomorrow. Be a damned shame to waste all that education to fry fish or haul lumber, but that it reality.

Underemployed imo is just as bad as unemployed. Guess who is losing the jobs to college grads? Folks that are now on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If college is so terrible, why is the rate of unemployment for college graduates about half the national average?
    Because recent college grads are taking jobs away that traditionally went to non-higher ed folks.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-04-17 at 11:39 PM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    In the US?

Dude, this situation is a plague in Europe, well, at least those countries that are in the toilet. I mean, here on my island, there's like 40%, erm, youth unemployment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I know someone who is like this... he works at a retirement home and has a bachelors... in psychology hahaha.
    I have my masters and I would take that job right now. Beats manual labor in the sun.
    I like sandwiches