Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Maythael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atheist Socialist Sweden (ASS)
    Posts
    1,033
    I hope they make more of the old content worthwhile. I'm new in Rift and didn't experience Ember Island for example. Currently exploring the Island, but almost no one is there which is kinda boring. It's so beautiful!

  2. #22
    It was strange for that Rift didn't get content updates every 2 month or so after SL.
    I tought they will continue doing like this.
    IMHO now raiders of Rift are burned out and need new 20 man :P

  3. #23
    IMHO now raiders of Rift are burned out and need new 20 man :P
    They were also like entry tier raids too. Most of the FT/EE bosses were pretty easy before HM except for Crucia and Regi. There was a bit of a gear wall early on, but it was pretty trivial in the time of a week or two or so.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They were also like entry tier raids too. Most of the FT/EE bosses were pretty easy before HM except for Crucia and Regi. There was a bit of a gear wall early on, but it was pretty trivial in the time of a week or two or so.
    True.
    Is there a rift ranking website like wowprogress?
    Googled and nothing like working website
    Raiders will be burned out more before 2.4 arrives with 20 man, 2.3 sliver includes only 4 bosses and some pretty nonraiding content too.
    But we've to admit that content release rate has dropped slightly after SL.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    True.
    Is there a rift ranking website like wowprogress?
    Googled and nothing like working website
    Raiders will be burned out more before 2.4 arrives with 20 man, 2.3 sliver includes only 4 bosses and some pretty nonraiding content too.
    But we've to admit that content release rate has dropped slightly after SL.
    Pretty sure 2.3 will put this statement to dust. I am a little confused. If raiders are that hard up for raid content go play WoW in between Rift raid patches. Not exactly sure when WoW and Rift players became mortal enemies, but if you can afford it why not?
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    I would at least not make that decision to quit totally until 2.3. That is my current plan. If 2.3 is another flop well that's it I am gone. I really have a lot of hopes for this patch. They really need to deliver on this one more then ever. I do worry though that even if 2.3 does end up being amazing what about future patches? I don't expect amazing every patch or even every patch to be a major content patch. But if its another several months of bleh after 2.3 comes out well that would suck. Of course I am hoping that 2.3 provides at least a few solid months of content for a casual player like me.
    Hence why I am around here checking in for info on the game. I know a lot of the posters here pretty well and respect their opinions. I know whose opinions I usually agree with and whose I don't. So I am keeping an eye on the forums to do just what you said. However, with it no even being on the PTS yet, it could be a couple months until it comes out. So I am not holding my breath or paying my sub until I hear what the people here have to say about it.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Pretty sure 2.3 will put this statement to dust. I am a little confused. If raiders are that hard up for raid content go play WoW in between Rift raid patches. Not exactly sure when WoW and Rift players became mortal enemies, but if you can afford it why not?
    Personally, I just don't like World of Warcraft much.

    The art style is repulsive to me. I dislike many of the game mechanics, the UI, mods/addons and class design.

    Really hate the way the game feels to float-- like I am skating on ice or something. Greatly dislike.

    I have tried recently to get back into Warcraft too! I bought a $20 battle chest and MOP when it was on sale like a month ago. Tried to level up to 90 to get a feel for changes. Didn't even make it half way there. Painful and quite dull except for pet battles.

    The free 30 days which came with the box ran out after I went like 2 weeks without even logging in. Didn't even care/notice it ran out.

    Warcraft is a fine and well made game objectively speaking. It's not one I personally find that enjoyable though. I only play a handful of games for enjoyment solely. So those that I do play strictly for fun need to work for me in design and play.

    TSW doesn't play on my PC anymore. The other MMO besides Rift I play for enjoyment that features raiding. I get like 12 fps in TSW and there seems no way to fix the issue.

    Been dabbling in EQ2 and Neverwinter in the meantime.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-18 at 02:22 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    I really hope Elrar or someone from Trion is reading all this and passing it on. What really stands out to me here is pretty much all of the people frustrating and complaining here are the people in the past who almost always praised Rift and were very positive about the game. Now look at what they have to say. This says a lot imo.
    That truly is the disappointing part. There has always been a lot of negativity around Rift, but not from Rift players mostly from WoW people who feel they have to put down other games. When you start seeing the staunchest of defenders of the game start to lose hope...that's a really bad sign.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 09:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Pretty sure 2.3 will put this statement to dust. I am a little confused. If raiders are that hard up for raid content go play WoW in between Rift raid patches. Not exactly sure when WoW and Rift players became mortal enemies, but if you can afford it why not?
    I don't have the time to finish the rep grind in Rift and you want me to go play WoW and Rift at the same time and deal with 2 rep grinds? No thanks. I have a 45-50+ hour a week job and a 2 year old daughter, I barely have time for one MMO, much less two. If I go back to WoW, that's it, I am done with Rift. It's not like I am mortal enemies with WoW players, it's just I only have the time to invest into one MMO at a time.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2013-04-18 at 02:41 PM.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  9. #29
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,551
    I recommend to anyone who wants to continue to play Rift, but isn't satisfied with the current content to put it on the backburner and play some F2P/B2P games...MMO or otherwise. I'm afraid the delay in new content is making my desire to play the game wane rapidly, but it is nice to have other options. Taking a break is never a bad thing personally. It may change the way you view Rift, and you may never want to play Rift again, but it's the best thing for yourself.

    More often than not though, I've found that breaks from MMOs allow me to come back refreshed and engaged with current content. This is where the subscription model really becomes problematic. As long as you only pay montly, you are free to cancel your subscription, but it adds just that little bit more of a quirk to change the way you feel about the process. Hopping between F2P/B2P games allows you more freedom and actually can increase your positive outlook on many of the games.

    So really the recommnedation, should you feel Rift isn't giving you what you deserve for your sub, is to cancel and dabble is some cheaper alternatives until the time you return.
    BAD WOLF

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I recommend to anyone who wants to continue to play Rift, but isn't satisfied with the current content to put it on the backburner and play some F2P/B2P games...MMO or otherwise. I'm afraid the delay in new content is making my desire to play the game wane rapidly, but it is nice to have other options. Taking a break is never a bad thing personally. It may change the way you view Rift, and you may never want to play Rift again, but it's the best thing for yourself.

    More often than not though, I've found that breaks from MMOs allow me to come back refreshed and engaged with current content. This is where the subscription model really becomes problematic. As long as you only pay montly, you are free to cancel your subscription, but it adds just that little bit more of a quirk to change the way you feel about the process. Hopping between F2P/B2P games allows you more freedom and actually can increase your positive outlook on many of the games.

    So really the recommnedation, should you feel Rift isn't giving you what you deserve for your sub, is to cancel and dabble is some cheaper alternatives until the time you return.
    I am actually going back and replaying one of my favorite console series RPGs from my youth. Phantasy Star, starting with the first one which came out in 1987 and IMO is still one of the best console RPGs ever. It was pretty non-linear for it's time, and one of the largest of it's time as well. Hands down better than Final Fantasy, though it was on the Sega Master System, which never gained enough popularity to make the series super popular. Currently playing a modded version of it which makes it a lot harder too. I will then carry on to 2 which also has a mod to increase the difficulty and ties the stories in together, then finally 4 which also has a mod that does the same thing. Yes, I skip 3. Three was unrelated to the main story and not a very good game IMO.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2013-04-18 at 03:05 PM.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  11. #31
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I am actually going back and replaying one of my favorite console series RPGs from my youth.
    I actually was playing old Zelda stuff on a gamecube disc recently, so I'm trying that strategy as well. Not to mention spending some nights catching up on TV shows on Netflix, doing puzzles,cooking, you know...remembering that there is life outside of my computer screen.
    BAD WOLF

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So really the recommnedation, should you feel Rift isn't giving you what you deserve for your sub, is to cancel and dabble is some cheaper alternatives until the time you return.
    Trion should definitely offer a "free weekend" a little bit after 2.3 comes out to help over come the inertia issue a subscription only game presents.
    "Am I going to like this patch? Maybe. Am I willing to bet 15 dollars on it... Hmm"
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Trion should definitely offer a "free weekend" a little bit after 2.3 comes out to help over come the inertia issue a subscription only game presents.
    "Am I going to like this patch? Maybe. Am I willing to bet 15 dollars on it... Hmm"
    That would definitely get me to check it out instead of waiting to hear what you guys have to say. They really should, though given their track ecord they probably will anyway. Elrar, we know you read this, even if you don't give us a response all the time, so pass it on please?
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  14. #34
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Elrar, we know you read this, even if you don't give us a response all the time, so pass it on please?
    And really know that there are a lot of people that want to continue playing and loving the game, but the ridiculous grinds, lack of rewards for certain activities, and slowed pace of content have us all very worried. We might be small in number here, but I'm sure we aren't the only ones.
    BAD WOLF

  15. #35
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,239
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    That's my plan. Granted I'm subbed till January of next year, but I haven't played in months at this point. I'm hoping 2.3 is a return to form for Trion, because there's definitely been a big hiccup post SL launch. SL was pretty good overall, but subsequent patches haven't been what I've come to expect from Trion and why I've been such a vocal supporter of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    blizzard and trion seemed to have switched positions :S blizzard is now releasing more content than ever and its the opposite for rift >.<
    And now that I have a job, I'm honestly considering coming back to WoW at least. WoW private servers are nice and all, you get to see the old world (pre-Cata) again, do quests/the faction you never did. But it still isn't the same. Way too PVP focused for my tastes. Also too easy to buy into getting fancy gear and such, which sure, I earned it on the live-servers but I just am not feeling it.

    I am not necessarily going to quit Rift, but I'm going to reconsider playing further once I get my motherboard (in for RMA@ASUS) back. I really like Rift, but Azuri and I were talking, it is definitely lacking something that Rift Chocolate/Vanilla had, unfortunately, we just can't put our finger on it.

    And indeed, Blizzard took the hint from Trion's behavior with Rift 1.1-1.11, and seems to be doing faster content and such, so I'm feeling it might be a good move to go back to WoW, even having been one of the big talkers of WoW on a downturn, which it was, but it didn't have to remain that way.

    I guess we will see.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  16. #36
    Really think it is a strech to credit Trion/Rift with Blizzard's recent increase in content output. It is far more plausibable that Blizzard are not stupid. Shockingly.

    That Blizzard are aware the MMO market is broader, more fragmented and offering more alternative choices than it has at any point previous. And while Rift's robust content might be in small part of that quality alternative, it is pretty likely Blizzard are looking at the Guild Wars 2s, Teras, SWTORs, F2P evolution, Elder Scorlls and so on as games they are competing against in total.

    Which is actually a good thing for World of Warcraft and the overall MMO market.

    These games are competing for dollars and time. Most humans are limited in both.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-18 at 06:56 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I actually was playing old Zelda stuff on a gamecube disc recently, so I'm trying that strategy as well. Not to mention spending some nights catching up on TV shows on Netflix, doing puzzles,cooking, you know...remembering that there is life outside of my computer screen.
    Yeah, I got caught up on TV while I was still being a raid logger. Now I don't even do that, so I'm caught up on TV and bored outta my mind. Also contemplating playing Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, since I only ever played part of Skyrim and never finished it.

    Back to OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really think it is a strech to credit Trion/Rift with Blizzard's recent increase in content output. It is far more plausibable that Blizzard are not stupid. Shockingly.

    That Blizzard are aware the MMO market is broader, more fragmented and offering more alternative choices than it has at any point previous. And while Rift's robust content might be in small part of that quality alternative, it is pretty likely Blizzard are looking at the Guild Wars 2s, Teras, SWTORs, F2P evolution, Elder Scorlls and so on as games they are competing against in total.

    Which is actually a good thing for World of Warcraft and the overall MMO market.

    These games are competing for dollars and time. Most humans are limited in both.
    Blizzard has been talking about increasing their content delivery rate since back when I was still playing, before most of those games you mentioned were out. The only game really at that time that could have had them saying that was Rift. Now it is to be determined still if it was those other games that finally made them do something about it instead of talking about it, or it took them that long to re-organize how they do things internally so that they finally could walk the walk.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  18. #38
    Blizzard has been talking about increasing their content delivery rate since back when I was still playing, before most of those games you mentioned were out. The only game really at that time that could have had them saying that was Rift. Now it is to be determined still if it was those other games that finally made them do something about it instead of talking about it, or it took them that long to re-organize how they do things internally so that they finally could walk the walk.
    As you said, talking and doing are two different things. The market is what prompts talking into doing. That's the point here.

  19. #39
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    The honeymoon for SL for me anyways is gone. I've not logged into Rift since January and to be quite frank I burned through it quickly and just lost interest in what SL max level has to offer in it's current state. I feel they've dropped the ball and shifted resources to Defiance and just put Rift on autopilot for the most part currently.

    I too tried WoW again briefly and I've got no hate for the game but I can't get into the art style and other items I really don't feel like critiquing atm. My desire to play the same game for years on end is long gone I did WoW for err 6+ years and Rift for 2+ years which seems to be a more realistic time commitment for me towards an MMO.

    I might putz around again with 2.3 but the longer content takes for Rift the more distant I become from the game unless they do something to blow me away which is likely not going to happen. I'll tool around with Neverwinter at the end of the month but I'm not certain if I can warm up to their cash shop to get any lengthy game play out of it. Rift is still a well built MMO and great game for "new" players but for me personally it's meh now in SL.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    The honeymoon for SL for me anyways is gone. I've not logged into Rift since January and to be quite frank I burned through it quickly and just lost interest in what SL max level has to offer in it's current state. I feel they've dropped the ball and shifted resources to Defiance and just put Rift on autopilot for the most part currently.

    I too tried WoW again briefly and I've got no hate for the game but I can't get into the art style and other items I really don't feel like critiquing atm. My desire to play the same game for years on end is long gone I did WoW for err 6+ years and Rift for 2+ years which seems to be a more realistic time commitment for me towards an MMO.

    I might putz around again with 2.3 but the longer content takes for Rift the more distant I become from the game unless they do something to blow me away which is likely not going to happen. I'll tool around with Neverwinter at the end of the month but I'm not certain if I can warm up to their cash shop to get any lengthy game play out of it. Rift is still a well built MMO and great game for "new" players but for me personally it's meh now in SL.

    and I think this is where most long term players are. Sure, it takes different people different amounts of time to get there, and some never will. I know people that have played WoW religiously since closed beta and still do to this day, still in the same guild too. However, this is not the bulk of the players of any MMO. The new players, and the casuals will eventually get to the point we are, and they will get there faster if content delivery pace does not increase.

    As I said earlier, and someone else said as well, I really hope that Trion as a whole company, gets back on it's feet. They are spread really thin right now and resources are lacking to keep working on Rift. They are focusing much more on getting those other projects out the door and making them a success. Once they finish that, and hopefully do well with those other projects, hopefully they will be able to pump resources back into Rift and bring it back to what it was. In the meantime though, not much to do but sit back, watch and wait to see what happens.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •