View Poll Results: Which class is most likely to appear in WoW?

Voters
254. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

96 37.80%
  • Tinker

86 33.86%
  • Neither (explain)

72 28.35%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tinkers vs Demon Hunters: Which class is most likely to be next?

vs.

Which class would fit better in WoW?

Demon Hunters have the benefit of being extremely popular, working well with an inevitable Legion expansion, and a huge coolness factor.

Tinkers have the benefit of being a very unique class, being able to take advantage of the mail armor and physical ranged deficit in the game, and being able to easily pick up a tank or healing spec if necessary.

Which class is more likely to be next in line as a playable class in World of Warcraft?

Tinkers, as a concept, have a lot going or them. I know a lot of engineers feel like their profession isn't really given the respect that it deserved. Having a whole class centred around technology...

Very cool.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

I don't think Demon Hunters would work at all. They already added a Demon Hunting glyph for locks, and their abilities are just given to other classes.

For instance, their characteristic metamorphosis ability already is given to Demonology warlocks

Demon Hunter vs Dark Ranger*** ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunters for a demon themed expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, neither.

Purely looking at class mechanics and balance, MoP launch has been a mess with class balance, to think about them adding another class to add to that balancing, what a mess!

Ideally, I'd love the Demon Hunter Class, but yeah, not the most ideal.

I'd much rather go for new playable races.
    Currently Procrastinating

I've never even heard of Tinkers but...when I think of it, it would be really cool if done right. I really liked the Engineering class in GW2. Demon Hunters are really cool, but I have to admit, it would be hard to make them feel unique in the current context of the game, as a lot of their supposed abilities are similar to what other classes already have.

As much as I would love to be able to be "Illidan fighting Sargeras" with xmog and stuff, I think Tinkers would be the best, and a really fun class. Build small turrets that do damage like a pet would, and you could choose between a machine gun turret, or flame turret. Former would be a single-target one, and the latter an aoe turret. As for tanking, it's easy for me to imagine electronic equipment on their belts or whatever that empower a shield, for their cds. For healing, I actually am not sure how it'd work.

Purely looking at class mechanics and balance, MoP launch has been a mess with class balance, to think about them adding another class to add to that balancing, what a mess!
    nothing is ever 100% balanced, but from my experience MoP pvp has been the best balanced by far since I started in wotlk. I can actually go in a less-than-optimal spec and still do incredibly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of them, because :

Demon Hunters - They are mix of Warlock and Priest Class. The skills they use (should be unique) are taken from those two classes. Metamorphosis, Immolation are both Warlock spells. Mana burn is Priest skill. Evasion the dodge thing belongs to Rogue. They use 2 Daggers or Swords. So what I mean is that this class cant be introduced in game because they are mix from other classes. It is "ruined" class. I guess we might see them as Warlocks 4rth spec if Blizz will ever introduce it.

Tunkers - Come on! Ok we will have Goblin and Gnome tinkers. But can you imagine other race of Tinkers? Draenei, Night elf, Forsaken or Tauren? Imagine it would be ridiculous. These class, Imho, will never be taken as serious. And you mean Mail armor Range tank? Not gonna happen. And I dont think they will mix Ranged (Bow, crossbow, gun) and melee weapons on one class. It would be too complex for Newbie people.

Imho I'm waiting class like GW2 Engineer and Diablo III Demon Hunter with two one handed ranged Weapons and Mail armor, using artillery setting them on ground to defend you on some range and using bombs to blow up enemy or to slow/poison
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torn... I like demon hunters better but tinker would add new niche

neither imo, demon hunters would feel to much like other specs already in game and tinkers are pretty much covered with engineering

I don't see a Tinker class ever working out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post

Tunkers - Come on! Ok we will have Goblin and Gnome tinkers. But can you imagine other race of Tinkers? Draenei, Night elf, Forsaken or Tauren? Imagine it would be ridiculous. These class, Imho, will never be taken as serious. And you mean Mail armor Range tank? Not gonna happen. And I dont think they will mix Ranged (Bow, crossbow, gun) and melee weapons on one class. It would be too complex for Newbie people.

Imho I'm waiting class like GW2 Engineer and Diablo III Demon Hunter with two one handed ranged Weapons and Mail armor, using artillery setting them on ground to defend you on some range and using bombs to blow up enemy or to slow/poison
    You probably wouldn't see a Night Elf or Tauren Tinker, since both races shun technology. However, Human, Draenei, and Forsaken Tinkers shouldn't be a problem. There are Forsaken, Human, and Draenei inventors throughout Azeroth already.

As for tanking, a Tinker class could either use melee weapons like Mekkatorque is using above, use a robot suit, or even use those robo-arms that the Goblin Tinker hero used in Warcraft 3. A Tinker tank wouldn't be ranged.

Again, that speaks to the versatility of the potential class.

Not sure, although both seem promising, I think both are already represented in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted Tinkers. Technology (especially when technology meets magic) is very flexible and could be used to explain the how the tinker tanks, damages, or even heals. Tinkers could be the first ranged tanking or even pet tanking class. Tinkers could have some very cool looking tier sets as well. Just think about cool metal armor with a bunch of gears and gizmos all over it. ALSO, I don't think a race's intelligence should be a problem. Every race can already learn how to become an Engineer, so it seems that all races are intelligent enough to make frickin robots, being a tinker isn't that far removed from being an engineer, it's just that you're taking that technology and relying on it completely rather than simply using it to make a few cool toys.

In addition this could finally give us some much-needed gnome lore. I imagine Gnomes and Goblins would be the premiere tinkers. Mekkatorque could finally be a real tinker, not just called one, and we could finally replace what's-his-bucket with a new badass goblin tinker to lead the goblins.

On the other hand I'm completely against demon hunters. The game DOES NOT need any more melee, especially not agility-based melee so soon after we just got monks. Plus a ton of demon hunter abilities have already been given to warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I voted Tinkers. Technology (especially when technology meets magic) is very flexible and could be used to explain the how the tinker tanks, damages, or even heals. Tinkers could be the first ranged tanking or even pet tanking class. Tinkers could have some very cool looking tier sets as well. Just think about cool metal armor with a bunch of gears and gizmos all over it. ALSO, I don't think a race's intelligence should be a problem. Every race can already learn how to become an Engineer, so it seems that all races are intelligent enough to make frickin robots, being a tinker isn't that far removed from being an engineer, it's just that you're taking that technology and relying on it completely rather than simply using it to make a few cool toys.

In addition this could finally give us some much-needed gnome lore. I imagine Gnomes and Goblins would be the premiere tinkers. Mekkatorque could finally be a real tinker, not just called one, and we could finally replace what's-his-bucket with a new badass goblin tinker to lead the goblins.
    Yeah I largely agree. The potential for what a Tinker could do in the game is pretty wide open. And I do agree that Goblins and Gnomes could use a little bit of lore thrown their way. Them being the source of a class would be a great way. To do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    All things considered, yeah, Demon Hunters. I think they'd be the first choice regardless of the situation, really.

Think so many of the Demon Hunter abilities have been given to other classes, and like the whole "extra dmg to demons" is an old concept. Which sucks cause i'd love for them to make this class... right after i get my Blademaster xD

Tinker, no clue what you'd have them do, that would cross the lines of a hunter and an engineer.

I don't see either being added any time soon, or ever. If I had to choose one, I'd think Demon Hunter. Tinker would be more fun imo.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I want Werewolf form... Oh wait, I meant to post that in a Diablo 3 and/or Path of Exile forum, my bad..