Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,232

    Is there a reason NOT to /afk out of a Brawl if you're losing?

    The only thing about these that are worth doing is the win quest and win AP token. Is there a point to just wasting 15 min of your life on a losing game when you get absolutely nothing from it?

    My friends get mad at me when I just /afk out of a losing BG, but I don't see the reason to stay when I can be doing other shit I have to do like WQs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  2. #2
    i have won so many BGs that looked like a losing BG in the beginning.

    you, my friend, are just the cancer of modern wow pvp community.

    kk thx bye

  3. #3
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappax View Post
    i have won so many BGs that looked like a losing BG in the beginning.

    you, my friend, are just the cancer of modern wow pvp community.

    kk thx bye

    WHOOOAA, calm down there, lil' buddy. You don't have to take it so personally, it's just a game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    WHOOOAA, calm down there, lil' buddy. You don't have to take it so personally, it's just a game.
    If you're trolling then not bad 5/5 BG bots. If you're not then please never queue for a BG every again.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The only thing about these that are worth doing is the win quest and win AP token. Is there a point to just wasting 15 min of your life on a losing game when you get absolutely nothing from it?

    My friends get mad at me when I just /afk out of a losing BG, but I don't see the reason to stay when I can be doing other shit I have to do like WQs.
    like second poster said, i have pretty consistently won games that started out badly. It doesn't always work, but try guiding the team to victory by calling out what to do in order to win. Sometimes it's just a loss, but it's still more honor per hour to stay than to gain a 30 min deserter buff. It's worth my time to stay regardless being a PVPer, your mileage obviously will vary.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,151
    Idk, usually the 10 or sometimes 15-man BGs are solo carryable

    If you can't be bothered to try why should anyone else? Just don't bother in the first place? You don't HAVE to do it.
    Last edited by Krassz; 2017-07-27 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #7
    Your perception of losing might not be accurate at all. It might as well be a self fulfilling prophecy.

  8. #8
    Stop doing what you HAVE to do and start doing what you WANT to do.
    It is a game, enjoy it...

  9. #9
    There is a difference between losing and a stomp. Even with unfavorable circumstances are there, some coordination will help. If there is no coordination and the enemy team has 3 healers to your 1, it is a waste of time.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The only thing about these that are worth doing is the win quest and win AP token. Is there a point to just wasting 15 min of your life on a losing game when you get absolutely nothing from it?

    My friends get mad at me when I just /afk out of a losing BG, but I don't see the reason to stay when I can be doing other shit I have to do like WQs.
    Pretty good chance the reason you're losing that BG, is because of you. The entire point is to play the game until the end, you never know what can happen in BG. I've seen crazy comebacks from both sides, and those are always the most enjoyable/memorable games. Afking out, is honestly, a giant notification to all of your friends that you're a bitch, and they shouldn't play with you in PvP.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of the computer - Naked
    Posts
    3,795
    I get people having the 'I'm losing so I'm going to rage in chat, and quit, QQ' part of the game, because well.. it's been going on since the beginning of TIME.. But intentionally quitting/afk'ing out of a non-ranked pvp instance is probably one of the lamest things you can do in WoW.

    It just shows the quality of player you are/and shows to everyone else the need for more blocks (1-2-3-4-infinite time outs) to people who bot/afk out in BG's.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The only thing about these that are worth doing is the win quest and win AP token.
    I thought the purpose of doing things in a game was to have fun?

  13. #13
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    286
    Leaving, or just plain not contributing towards achieving the goals of a BG, has become a prevalent theme over the years, as a side effect of rewarding the losing team, and imposing a time limit on the BGs. Though mostly it only concerns the lack of contribution.

    If Blizzard were to change the BG queues to take your character's history into account, when pairing you with others for a match, it could solve some of the issues. Not all, but some. If, based on your activity, contribution to the goals, and win-to-lose ratio, you are put together with others, similar to your character, and pitted against similar opponents, eventually those doing nothing or little, even leaving, will be put with others like them. While those who prove themselves good, are pitted against those of similar abilities. Essentially a matchmaking system for BGs.

  14. #14
    1. Joins BG
    2. Doesn't immediately steamroll, or slightly behind
    3. "May as well just leave"
    4. Wonder why you lose so often


    The vast, vast majority of BGs are not total steam rolls (5 cap, 3 cap, quick 3 flag caps, all carts taken, etc) but actual back and forth. If you leave the vast majority of games, you aren't going to win very often.

    Take it from a guy who has 8,000+ played and around 70% average win rate across all characters. Mindset is everything.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,465
    Most BG can turn around, unless it's like a clear match of like 10 vs 15, or 0 healer vs 4 healer or whatever.

    Especially AB is such a BG.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought the purpose of doing things in a game was to have fun?
    It is, but for many people it seems to be "need to get my gear/transmog/mount/honor in the quickest way possible" , Bot thread proves enough.

  16. #16
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Russia, Very Cute and Sex
    Posts
    171
    It's nice of them to leave early because the replacement usually does try to win. But sometimes the matchmaking system goes into 5 minute grace period before putting new people in and you have to try extra hard to stay afloat.

  17. #17
    This topic and OP just spews of weak-heart mentality. The more you skip out on the experience of losing, you will never get used to losing and only expect to win. Sometimes you have to play through the losses to get the wins and experience to become a better player. I know, the topic is asking why sit through a losing Brawl, but if you willing to jumpship during a Brawl. You jumpship on regular BGs, arenas, after a few(in your opinion too many) wipes. Just sucks there isnt some counter balancing honor system like vanilla wow. Where it was more reliant on kills, and BG wins was just there to help you make weekly honor cut off.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.57 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

    Still working on it... welp, wasting money on it.

  18. #18
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    like second poster said, i have pretty consistently won games that started out badly. It doesn't always work, but try guiding the team to victory by calling out what to do in order to win. Sometimes it's just a loss, but it's still more honor per hour to stay than to gain a 30 min deserter buff. It's worth my time to stay regardless being a PVPer, your mileage obviously will vary.
    Don't really care about honor, I do 1 brawl every 2 weeks just for the win. Other than that I don't even step foot in a BG. 30 min deserter buff is nothing since I'm doing other stuff as it wears off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemario View Post
    Stop doing what you HAVE to do and start doing what you WANT to do.
    It is a game, enjoy it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought the purpose of doing things in a game was to have fun?
    Winning a Brawl and getting that fat honor token is fun to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    1. Joins BG
    2. Doesn't immediately steamroll, or slightly behind
    3. "May as well just leave"
    4. Wonder why you lose so often


    The vast, vast majority of BGs are not total steam rolls (5 cap, 3 cap, quick 3 flag caps, all carts taken, etc) but actual back and forth. If you leave the vast majority of games, you aren't going to win very often.

    Take it from a guy who has 8,000+ played and around 70% average win rate across all characters. Mindset is everything.
    Take it from a guy who doesn't give two shits or a fuck about BGs, if we don't cap the first flag, or 4:1 them immediately, I'm out. Could we make a comeback? Sure, but I ain't sticking around to find out, I'm off to do other stuff. All I need is 1 BG where we start strong and end strong, which I get eventually. So I don't have to play the "will we win?!" Russian Roulette game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    If you're trolling then not bad 5/5 BG bots. If you're not then please never queue for a BG every again.
    I hope I join your BG and we start losing so I can tell you guys how much you suck and then /afk out.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  19. #19
    The primary reason is not being a giant selfish dickbag. By AFKing out when youre butthurt that you might have to play hard to turn it around, you're directly negatively impacting the experience of the other pkayers on your team. I.E. being a griefing dick.

    As ohers have said, at that point, youre part of the problem. Too much mememememememememememememe and not enough thought for the others you share the game with.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

    Take it from a guy who doesn't give two shits or a fuck about BGs, if we don't cap the first flag, or 4:1 them immediately, I'm out. Could we make a comeback? Sure, but I ain't sticking around to find out, I'm off to do other stuff. All I need is 1 BG where we start strong and end strong, which I get eventually. So I don't have to play the "will we win?!" Russian Roulette game.
    Enjoy spending probably an hour waiting for your game where you immediately steamroll the enemy team, then.

    To answer your threads title - the reason you don't AFK out is because it is extremely inefficient and a waste of your own time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •