Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New patch string means models coming soon?

[list][*]MODEL - Model[*]TOS_DECLINE - Reject

That is a string from the front page in the new patch? I dont really know what it means, but it says model, and then it says decline/reject. If this does turn out to be for models, which i admit is a long shot, it may mean you can decline the new model update for your character? What do you think, am i jumping to conclusions here?

It's just the word model

Deleted
    pretty sure new models will be with new expansion, but theres always hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It's just the word model
    Pretty much this. It's kinda hard to really speculate anything from it.

Pfft. It's only a model...

Deleted
    just noticed wows 9th aniversery soon, maybe we get new models as a present!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    just noticed wows 9th aniversery soon, maybe we get new models as a present!
    It's like mooooooooooooooooooooonths away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    It's like mooooooooooooooooooooonths away.

yeah i was kidding, im 99% sure we wont see new models until at least next expac.

While it's not impossible the string is related to the new models, I wouldn't count on anything substantial added in 5.3.

I'd say 6.0 is probably the most likely release for the new models, 5.4 at the absolute earliest.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

you're 100% just jumping to conclusions. Model updates, with the amount of effort we've been lead to believe they take, would have to be an "expansion feature", just like 4.0.6 pre-cata patch had the world revamped but was still considered part of Cata's content. That being said, the word MODEL could mean anything in a programming sense.

Model could mean anything. If there is a new model coming in, it might be an update to a lore character. Maybe.

I think the new character models will be revealed at Blizzcon as a major feature of the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part me thinks new models are like the new dances....just wishful thinking.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Isn't "TOS" = terms of service? that would explain the decline part

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soon like next expansion soon soon? Oh I know anyway I find it very unlikely if anything with that being said TOS - Reject also gives it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Part of me wishes people paid more attention so they could easily tell the difference between the amount of attention devs have given these things and would stop posting this kind of thing.

dance studio, WRU

going by a single word from ptr files usually ends up being something far from what you expected.

Considering the dozens of blue posts and tweets confirming that the new models are actively being worked on, I don't see how that's possible.

I think this was already mentioned, but what it looks like to me is it shows the terms of service text. If you click "decline", it will reject your ability to log in.

Not sure about "model", but I wouldn't jump to any major conclusions. There are lots of different types of models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Pfft. It's only a model...
    On second thoughts let's not go to Camelot, it is a silly place.