Poll: Poll

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    More irritated than anything else. I'm tired of their bluffs and torture of not only their people but to everyone else in the western world. Seems like every 2-5yrs they're back at threatening to fire a nuke at someone until they get what they want. Even now they're in talks to "calm down" if the UN and USA meet to their terms..... *spits at the ground*

It's evil to think this because it would mean the deaths of millions, but... I wish they would just do it so we could liberate that country and defunct their goverment and give it to the South so Korea could truly be whole again. But that would come at the cost of WWIII and probably nuclear winter.

Deleted
    I'm not really afraid of them, more that they seem like a can of worms waiting to be opened. Given Iran has openly stated it's going to start trading oil with North Korea in spite of UN sanctions, I don't think either of these nations have any desire to end Nuclear proliferation, unless they truly feel threatened. They are playing the long game. Compared to Brazil and South Africa, for example, who decided to dismantle theirs.

nope. this isn't the cold war anymore. they move a finger against us and they get bombed to the stone age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I'm not really afraid of them, more that they seem like a can of worms waiting to be opened. Given Iran has openly stated it's going to start trading oil with North Korea in spite of UN sanctions, I don't think either of these nations have any desire to end Nuclear proliferation, unless they truly feel threatened. They are playing the long game. Compared to Brazil and South Africa, for example, who decided to dismantle theirs.
    I think you've got cause and effect backwards there. Consider how it looks from their perspective.

Pakistan: robust nuclear program. Result: valued U.S. ally, billions in aid.
    North Korea: a few nuclear weapons. Result: ongoing negotiations, occasional aid.
    Iran: active civilian nuclear program. Result: ongoing threats, sanctions, occasional negotiations.
    Libya: publicly gave up WMD programs. Result: revolution (supported by Europe and U.S.).
    Syria: no functioning nuclear program. Result: ongoing civil war (supported by U.S. and Sunni Arab states).
    Iraq: nuclear program abandoned/destroyed. Result: invaded, government overthrown.

I think the message the U.S. is sending is pretty clear: "Get nukes if you don't want us to overthrow your government." Obama really drove the point home by supporting the overthrow of Gaddafi after his regime came clean back in 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I'm about as scared of North Korea as I am scared of Shamans in PvP. I like to think of North Korea as Hypebeasts. Here in NYC not too long ago, back when I used to collect sneakers, there used to be a small group of kids in my high school who liked to wear clothes from like the 80's. Your typical look of the heavy gold chain, random colors, old nike's, fresh prince of bel-air hair cut, Spike Lee glasses, the works.

These guys would brag about how awesome their style was, how amazing they were compared to everyone else in school. Hence why they were called Hypebeasts lol. No one cared, everyone in school moved on with their lives, and no matter how much a tantrum they would show, no one paid them mind. Hence, North Korea