Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

NA Ragnarok Online 2 OBT

http://www.facebook.com/PlayRagnarok2
    https://www.warpportal.com/landing/ragnarok2/index.aspx

closed beta is just one sleep away and will be starting april 18 at 12 noon (PST). you guys already have your clients yet?
    IP restrictions has been announced and players from North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and India will be able to access the game servers without any problems. however, the following countries that will NOT be able to access the game are SEA countries and Brazil. I'm assuming this countries are the ones that have active RO community like Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan and, China.

EDIT: OBT and not CBT :S
    Last edited by SloveenEfsei; 2013-04-18 at 07:20 AM.

IP Block Reaction:

OBT? no CBT phase? Why are they jumping to OBT phase already

here we go again with the SEA countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it's been quite some time since I've heard anything on RO2. I guess I kind of spaced it off for years after playing in the Korean tests, but I'm still surprised that it's alive.

actually, the SEA started their beta test last January 2013 only and the NA server had only started theirs today. you might have been talking about RO2-1 which was RO2 - Gate of the World. this was remade and became RO2 Legend of the Second. am not sure what's the difference with the two as i was not able to play RO2-1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant seem to get the page to work right for me. I click the download link nothing happens, tried in FF and Chrome. Also told me when I was registering I needed to update Flash and install Java which is already installed and updated.

RO2 -- where they threw away everything that made Ragnarok unique and became just as generic as every other Asian MMO.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Cant seem to get the page to work right for me. I click the download link nothing happens, tried in FF and Chrome. Also told me when I was registering I needed to update Flash and install Java which is already installed and updated.
    didn't have any issues like this. maybe it's because of the website traffic? idk.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    RO2 -- where they threw away everything that made Ragnarok unique and became just as generic as every other Asian MMO.
    O.O i don't know dude. i'm kinda having fun forging and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    didn't have any issues like this. maybe it's because of the website traffic? idk.

O.O i don't know dude. i'm kinda having fun forging and stuff.
    Can you tell me how its the game so far? I downloaded played for a bit but had to go. It seems nice and cute, but I'm afraid for class feel and the skills. What makes you have fun on this one ? (Im mainly playing for nostalgia I think XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Can you tell me how its the game so far? I downloaded played for a bit but had to go. It seems nice and cute, but I'm afraid for class feel and the skills. What makes you have fun on this one ? (Im mainly playing for nostalgia I think XD)
    i reached level 10 yesterday before i had to go. so far so good and i'm having tons of fun especially with the crafting system. it's simple enough to be enjoyable. reminds me of War of Angels but with Ragnarok Graphics. i've been using a swordie and i haven't tried other classes yet but it is certain that i will be trying all other classes out.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiotakiBun View Post
    here we go again with the SEA countries.
    welp. I'm not butthurt anymore.. looks like we'd be having a local version..

I'm playing on NA ver atm to have early game knowledge** for the local release~

Deleted
    are they gonna block those restricted countries during OBT?

what's with the IP blocking anyway? can't they just let players play in peace?

Deleted
    are they gonna wipe accounts after OBT?

Quote Originally Posted by hshaidar View Post
    are they gonna wipe accounts after OBT?
    same question.. when will OBT end? I can't find it on their fan page on fb

Quote Originally Posted by Nzonic View Post
    same question.. when will OBT end? I can't find it on their fan page on fb
    22 April 5PM PST.

I picked up Ragnarok (1) again recently and I have to say that I'm still very fond of it. Had to start over, so nothing OP just yet, but it's coming along. I just can't imagine (and yes I played RO2) RO2 ever beating RO1. They should have kept the isometric view tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    22 April 5PM PST.
    only an hour left.. everyone is just chatting now and sitting everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I picked up Ragnarok (1) again recently and I have to say that I'm still very fond of it. Had to start over, so nothing OP just yet, but it's coming along. I just can't imagine (and yes I played RO2) RO2 ever beating RO1. They should have kept the isometric view tbh.
    they should have kept the 2D sprites and make it HD just like that of Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue

actually, i just checked their skill tree and it is not complicated but more like wow hehe just saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoist View Post
    what's with the IP blocking anyway? can't they just let players play in peace?
    tell me about it. FUN SUCKERS!