Eh..SLI 570s outperforming my single 680.

Should my 680 be performing worse than my old 570s in sli? I seem to get a much higher average FPS with the 2 570s then I do with the single 680. I seem to get a lot of dips during hectic situations in games including WoW/BF3 etc....but I don't get dips with the 2 570s.

Is this normal?

gtx 570 sli is faster than a single 680.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still looking, but as far as I can tell, 2x 570 > 680... It most applications, but not all. 680 has more CUDA, so might.. do better in rendering? Texel rate is also significantly more, but I'm not sure how that affects games.

However, dips with WoW would point more towards the CPU, since both those setups would far exceed the GPU demand of WoW. What CPU do you have?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm still looking, but as far as I can tell, 2x 570 > 680... It most applications, but not all. 680 has more CUDA, so might.. do better in rendering? Texel rate is also significantly more, but I'm not sure how that affects games.

However, dips with WoW would point more towards the CPU, since both those setups would far exceed the GPU demand of WoW. What CPU do you have?

i dont get the dips when i use the 2 570s, just with the single 680.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post

i dont get the dips when i use the 2 570s, just with the single 680.
    There are still settings/circumstances in WoW that rely on your GPU(s), especially during intense situations like 25-man raids. Like the other two have said, SLI 570s are more powerful than a single 680 in most circumstances, I'm not sure who told you otherwise, but they were unfortunately incorrect.

I thought WoW:MoP has had issues with SLI/XFire configurations, Single GPU(680) should perform better in that regard, but during raids GPU usage is extremly low anyway so 570 is far enough