10+ Year Old Account

Getting a geforce 680 but..well which.

It comes in so many flavors its hard to make a right choice. you got 2 gigs and 4 gigs, overclocked and the like. well price wont matter i just want the most bang for my buck. should i get a superclocked 2gig one or are there 4 gig variants out there i did not spot.? Then there are brand names. Some I know like Asusm Evga and Gigabyte but others i am not so sure. Are newegg.com and tigerdirect.com the only good places to buy or are there other reputable sites that worth checking.?

Thanks in advance for anyone helping. Im quite confused with the 2 vs 4 gig variants.

Deleted
    If you want real bang for your buck, you are better of with a 670.

But as far as 680s are concerned. Dont get one with 4 gb, its wasted because of the small membus on the 680. Dont get something with a blower/reference design (unless air flow in your case is restricted).

I would probably look at either a asus/gigabyte/msi/evga. As for evga i would only take one which uses a custom designed cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    If you want real bang for your buck, you are better of with a 670.

But as far as 680s are concerned. Dont get one with 4 gb, its wasted because of the small membus on the 680. Dont get something with a blower/reference design (unless air flow in your case is restricted).

I would probably look at either a asus/gigabyte/msi/evga. As for evga i would only take one which uses a custom designed cooler.
    Thanks for mentioning the membus of the 680 that does hack off the expensive 4 gig models. airflow is no issue with my case . not with those 220 mm fans XD I also didnt know Msi was a reputable brand, good to know. that would help.

Deleted
    I would probably get this gigabyte one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...N82E1681412542

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably get this gigabyte one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...N82E1681412542
    aww the link seems to be broken.

My mate have a Classified version of the card and it is a beast, he runns it at a maximum overclock and it does not go over 51C. He bought it mainly becouse of the big fan and the ability to overclock it much. But ofc Classified is just a "cool" name, it has some upgrades but a regular 680 with 2gb is not far behind and does not cost as much
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    Hmmm weird.

It is the gigabyte 680 GTX with 3 fans

And just to try it again
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125422

Gigabytes cooler is awesome, i had it on an ati 7870 and it kept it crispy cool. I switched over and got a 680 myself. I'm a big fan of MSI coolers Twin Frozr ones. this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127723

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems my wife is being a wee bit nice to me and has let me go up to 1k on the card. is a titan actually worth it.?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    Seems my wife is being a wee bit nice to me and has let me go up to 1k on the card. is a titan actually worth it.?
    It isnt a bang for buck card :P Kind a depends on what you want. If you want the most power available on a single GPU, than the titan is your card. Altho imo it is a bit wasted on just one 1080p screen. Altho, you didnt say what screen set up you are running. Im just assuming its 1080p
    If you just want to play games on max settings on a 1080p screen, with some exceptions such as crysis 3. A 670/7970 is enough for that.

It is up to you. You cant go wrong with a titan, but the same is true for a 680 to a lesser extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isnt a bang for buck card :P Kind a depends on what you want. If you want the most power available on a single GPU, than the titan is your card. Altho imo it is a bit wasted on just one 1080p screen. Altho, you didnt say what screen set up you are running. Im just assuming its 1080p
    If you just want to play games on max settings on a 1080p screen, with some exceptions such as crysis 3. A 670/7970 is enough for that.

It is up to you. You cant go wrong with a titan, but the same is true for a 680 to a lesser extent.
    doing my homework and debating hard as in what to do. Money is no issue as wife wont mind. My only issue is my power supply
    650 Watt -- NZXT HALE82N-SI / 80+ Bronze
    and how everything is wired up inside my computer. It is tidy as heck. and i would have alot to cut and well it seems i would have to spend more money if i go for a 690 or a titan as i might have to invest in a stronger power supply which i really dont want to. Every passing moment , the 680 is becomming more appealing even if the titan does have more juice to it. i mean if my power supply can run my rig and the titan im up for it. I may need a new power supply for the 690 if i were to go that route as it cost the same as the titan.

so far this card appeals me. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125437

Deleted
    I would just stick to the other gigabyte card. I think those little fans make a lot of noise.

And for the titan/690, think about this. If you get the 680 and it doesnt cut it anymore for you, you can buy a new high end card which will most likely be on par or better than the titan. Altho, this is just speculation on my side

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just stick to the other gigabyte card. I think those little fans make a lot of noise.

And for the titan/690, think about this. If you get the 680 and it doesnt cut it anymore for you, you can buy a new high end card which will most likely be on par or better than the titan. Altho, this is just speculation on my side
    true the prices would drop when new cards do come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    A 650W PSU is more than enough for 1 Titan. (http://www.techspot.com/review/644-n...tan/page9.html).
    That is tempting news. Btw I love your avatar XD.

would not bother with the titan i would go for a 670 and upgrade when the nvidia 7000 series cards are released in march 2014

Deleted
    I got the superclocked one, it's awesome but unfortunately I can't compare it to any other card as I used to have a ati card.
    But I'm telling you thís I aint never going back to ati.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I was checking for a titan card and they are out of stock or sold on amazon.com for insane prices. I guess ill just settle for the 680.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 02:22 PM ----------

Hmmm weird.

It is the gigabyte 680 GTX with 3 fans

And just to try it again
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125422
    Well after some hefty debating I am taking your advice on this gigabyte card Zeara. Yep just ordered it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post

Well after some hefty debating I am taking your advice on this gigabyte card Zeara. Yep just ordered it!
    Have fun with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun with it
    Most definantly will when it gets here.