Poll: Redesign, Rework, or Refit?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.

Marksman in the future: Redesign, Rework, or Refit?

Curious about general opinion on these forums.
    Would you guys rather see a complete redesign of MM, a rework adding and removing abilities while keeping the general feel the same, or a refit, reallocating the damage to different sources while keeping the same abilities?

I personally would rather have a complete redesign, getting rid of Chimera Shot, Turning Serpent Sting into a bleed effect for the spec and re-emphasizing Marksman to be a heavy hitting physical only ranged specialization, having Arcane Shot be changed into a physical shot that causes a stacking bleed effect.
    Then, an additional ability would be added, causing all your applied bleed effects to instantly explode, dealing their remaining damage plus a bonus amount for each one applied.
    The Mastery would also be reworked, increasing Bleed Damage dealt and the damage of the shot that detonates bleeds by the same amount.
    The existing interaction between Steady Shot and Aimed Shot could stay, but would be modified akin to Maelstrom Weapon, reducing cast time by flat amount, say .5 seconds per stack and focus cost by 15/stack, establishing haste breakpoints and allowing a greater amount of control with the Aimed Shots.
    Additionally, there would be a passive that reduces the armor of enemy targets by a flat percentage, say 30%.

EDIT: Please explain your choice on the poll.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-04-18 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I hold out hope that perhaps one day it will be the petless spec. Wishful thinking but it would be a huge change for the class.

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    I hold out hope that perhaps one day it will be the petless spec. Wishful thinking but it would be a huge change for the class.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    CA on demand instead passive, strip SS (for MM), Piercing Shots apply to all attacks, replace pet with turret, switch CS with GT (with proper tuning), buff up RF by adding Rain of Vengance like component, Mastery - your auto attack can pierce target (aka Hungering arrow).

I don't really like the idea of applying bleed to everything. It would be just like SV with different school of damage.

By just looking no further then Demon Hunter from D3, I could make from it 3 pure archery specc's. Not enough idea? Look at DotA.

BTW, offtopic, what is difference with redesign and rework? What's refit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    This sooo much, could be a similar effect to a locks Sacrifice (Not saying we're going to sacrifice our pets) but depending on the pet we could get an aura buff for the buff the pet brings and then a buff to Chimaera Shot, Aimed Shot and Steady Shot, something along the lines of 10-15% damage.

They could easliy do that. It could be something along the lines of(you decided to Hunt without your companion making you more aware of your surrounding)

Then they could work the damage in a bunch of ways.
    15% passive movement speed should be baked into this

1. increase all range damage by a percentage
    2.Every shot has a chance to puncture your foes armor increasing your next special shot by 100%
    3. I wouldnt even care if they worked a sudden doom proc for use letting use get a free kill shot in that would always crit

Deleted
    Redesign and not as a petless spec, really why ? why ? we would miss the pet abilities so we should get the critt reduction in return and a web , stun or silence or armor reduction for our spec. Wich won't happen then we got "to much" survive ability so then they ruin another spec

Just rework it totaly and please in this expansion...

Pretty much all of our specs are hopelessly bland, this class just has poor design in general. Not really anything new, though.

Redesign will probably come next expansion so I voted for a rework. MM spec needs to be reworked in the worst way, it just isn't viable and it's still clunky.

It would be nice if it focused entirely on physical damage. Perhaps some kind of mechanic for maintaining stacks of armor penetration or something along those lines (armor pen that only affects the hunter).

They need to do something if they want more than a very small percentage of people to actually play the spec. When was the last time you saw a marks hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    in all honesty I think that MM Hunters should be a petless Ranger class that people seem to want on forums these days. This would eliminate raid slot problems and other stuff as well. MM aka Ranger Spec would not use pets but have piercing/critting/fragmentation attacks. I would also add ability to dw guns/xbows at a reduced %damage the way TG used to work for warriors back in the day and give a higher benefit for using 2h Bows the way frost dk's work with dw vs 2h.

I hope for it to be made a petless spec or maybe a temporary pet in the form of a "rune bow" or something ridiculous.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

im all in for the petless idea, but i dont want to use master's call

Developers won't give us a petless spec because that would be taken as acknowledgement that they can't code pets in a way that makes them work.

I don't know why people hate marks. It's basically the same as it was in Cata, only better because imp steady shot lasts 20 seconds (used to be 8... THAT was shitty) and AI can be cast while moving. It's not as clunky as BM, but it's not as brainless as survival, either. The only reason people don't play it is because surv can do the same numbers.

MM is my favorite hunter spec since I've started playing this game. Its low output since T13 however has really turned me away from the class a good bit. Surv is mindless (Hit whatever isn't on CD zomg) and I don't like pets being a main fraction of my dps. Every single time I go to raid on my hunter I'll try MM out initially to see how well it does on the fight. Then after seeing it does practically no damage at all in comparison to other specs, switch to surv and land mid-pack in dps.

I would really love blizzard to rework the hunter specs to make them more interesting again, especially MM. But sadly, I think rogues are going to get a makeover before we do (seeing as they're underrepresented and all use practically the same attacks).

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I don't know why people hate marks. It's basically the same as it was in Cata, only better because imp steady shot lasts 20 seconds (used to be 8... THAT was shitty) and AI can be cast while moving. It's not as clunky as BM, but it's not as brainless as survival, either. The only reason people don't play it is because surv can do the same numbers.
    I agree. MM is actually an improvement over the Cata MM but with the new talents they screwed it over. Everything that was MM now belongs to everyone and it does less DPS so no one plays it.

The easy way to fix MM is to give it back something unique and buff its numbers. Do something like put MS back into aimed shot for PvP, make it petless, give it back readiness. Having binding shot will be interesting but I think it would have been better to remove silencing shot as a talent, give it to MM, and replace it on the talent tree with scatter shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I agree. MM is actually an improvement over the Cata MM but with the new talents they screwed it over. Everything that was MM now belongs to everyone and it does less DPS so no one plays it.

The easy way to fix MM is to give it back something unique and buff its numbers. Do something like put MS back into aimed shot for PvP, make it petless, give it back readiness. Having binding shot will be interesting but I think it would have been better to remove silencing shot as a talent, give it to MM, and replace it on the talent tree with scatter shot.
    You take silencing shot away from the other specs and then everyone is gonna have to play marks again (for pvp at least). That's why they made it a talent in the first place. I wouldn't mind MS on aimed shot tho.

Preferably a complete redesign, though beyond that I feel the entire Hunter class needs to get the overhaul treatment that Warlocks got going in to MoP.

As it is our specs are so minimally different it's pathetic.

This is kinda ironic, today in class I literally redesigned the entire MM spec in my boredom and thought I'd post it here/on the official forums after raid.

Then I see this thread. I'll get to typing it up now