Deleted

My wire keeps ballzing up? Please help!

So my G930 recently broke sadly enough and it was a great headset.
    Now I decided to get the Razer Tiamat 7.1 because the reviews are really good and it seems and looks ilke a good headset.
    So I've used it for about 2 weeks now and something broke inside the speaker while I use it normally, so I brought it back to store and blah blah whole story I will get it replaced soon.
    But this is not the problem I ran into, while I was using it my wire kept twisting around itself, tighter and tighter up to a point where when you unroll or do it it would eventually start breaking up.
    Its one of those braided wires or something, not sure how you call it.
    Right now its all twisty and curley and I have to strech it out or i'll have to bend my head towards my pc just to make sure my headset can reach a comfortable position.
    Please help!!
    When my new one comes in I don't want to have it ruined again because of a wire, I am posting this because a friend of mine had the same problem with the same type of wire and he totally ruined his wire and thus headset with it :S!

Thanks in advance.

I have the tiamat 2.2! It has the same wire. The way I keep min from balling up is I make sure to store it properly when I'm not using it. I wrap the wire around the headphones at the top of the leather ear cups so that it pushes them together a little bit. Had these headphones since christmas and they still look like they are out o f the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

have you tried unplugging the headset, holding it in the air and letting the cable uncurl itself?

it's like the phone cord on a landline, annoys the crap out of me how so many people can't manage their cables - as someone who has worked with all sorts of cabling rigs over the last 10/15 years, it's just one of those things that grinds my gears, as cables have a natural curve due to the way the copper fibres in the cable are twisted around each other, then coated in the plastic sheathing.

pulling a cable to straighten it never ever works, it's kinda like a yoyo string, when the string gets twisted, the yoyo starts doing stupid things, like spinning on it's side instead of the way you'd expect - the only way to fix it, is to take the string off your finger, hold up the yoyo and let the string untwist itself, roll it back up and then start again.

i think this is one of my ocd's...
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    I have the tiamat 2.2! It has the same wire. The way I keep min from balling up is I make sure to store it properly when I'm not using it. I wrap the wire around the headphones at the top of the leather ear cups so that it pushes them together a little bit. Had these headphones since christmas and they still look like they are out o f the box.
    Can you picture that for me?
    Below are some pictures of how it wires up and curls and some slight damages coming on the wires due to the tight wrapping :<!
    I CANT STAND THE STRUGGLE WITH THIS WIRE

http://imgur.com/w29kYHZ,Z1GIxQP#1 Some slight damage is already visible :<
    http://imgur.com/TyV8KwV Keeps curling up, when I uncurls it other parts curl up :<!!!! AAARG XD

yup, overtwisted

unplug the head set, untwist the cable (without yanking too hard on it) then let it hang loose and untwist itself fully - the same thing happens to any cable when one end doesn't move but the other end is constantly twisted. you've either gotta twist it back in the other direction, or unplug it and hold it up so it can untwist itself.

Deleted
    I will try, if it dont help I'll report back, going to the gym now so i'll unplug and hang my headset on my bed hopefully it will untwist by the time im back
    Thing is its unplugged now, untwisted it carefully and its on my bed, it helps a little but when I unturn it, so if its turned right I turn it left (like the cable itself is also rotating if you know what I mean as in it isn't a nice round cable but like a rollercoaster twist, it will just turn itself back in that position, how can I avoid that or redo that?
    Brb gym now )
    Last edited by mmoce2df7add8c; 2013-04-18 at 01:31 PM.

once it's unplugged, start at the headphone end and run two fingers gently down the cable, dont pull or stretch it, just try and slide your fingers all the way down the length of the cable (use your other hand to pull any crazy kinks in the cable to the plug end of the cable, you should notice the plug spin around a few times as you do so)

if you feel the need, play with a bit of string, hold one end in one hand and twist it with the other hand. it should get knotted up like your cable after you've twisted it for a while - whilst you can pull rope/elastic and it'll straighten without damaging the fibres, you dont have the same luxury with cables, with string/elastic you can just let go of the end and it'll snap back and untwist itself in the process - you can only untwist cables as they dont have the elasticity to spring back.

good luck - it's not the easiest thing to explain, but i could show you in like 2 seconds. just think of it as rope/string/elastic that doesn't stretch, it's the same principle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    once it's unplugged, start at the headphone end and run two fingers gently down the cable, dont pull or stretch it, just try and slide your fingers all the way down the length of the cable (use your other hand to pull any crazy kinks in the cable to the plug end of the cable, you should notice the plug spin around a few times as you do so)

if you feel the need, play with a bit of string, hold one end in one hand and twist it with the other hand. it should get knotted up like your cable after you've twisted it for a while - whilst you can pull rope/elastic and it'll straighten without damaging the fibres, you dont have the same luxury with cables, with string/elastic you can just let go of the end and it'll snap back and untwist itself in the process - you can only untwist cables as they dont have the elasticity to spring back.

good luck - it's not the easiest thing to explain, but i could show you in like 2 seconds. just think of it as rope/string/elastic that doesn't stretch, it's the same principle.
    I laughed at that story, it can be so wrong if you are in a lousy mood like me now haha.
    But anyway thanks it worked for now any advice for avoiding this in the future? As the guy above said, role the wire around the headset when you don't play or something?

@smokii

I had the exact same issue with my Carcharias(whatever it is), the wire kept twisting around like mad, and I was 100% sure I never twisted it myself, I just took them off and placed them on my desk like normal, after a few weeks always, the wire was really fucked.

Haven't had any of these issues with my Logitech G35's

Deleted
    Use a cable sleeve.