Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Stop tryharding you scrub.

    Progressing on primordius, where usually have 60+ crit. Oh yeah makes sense now?

    Anyway the tl;dr is: You're getting angry/butthurt/mad because you have friends that are top 30 warriors? Grats?

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Fury_Warrior/

    1 Collision Coon and friends US-Stormrage 260834
    2 Choptimus Prime EU-Tarren Mill 254591

    Less than 6k DPS behind your own quoted friend and "very good warrior".

    I didn't have lust on that fight. I'm using a Sha weapon in my offhand.

    Collision has heroic thunderforged weapon, and trinket. Oh and the legendary meta.

    I'm less than 6k DPS behind him without lust and with worse weapons and trinkets.

    Yes I'm clearly bad.

    You're an idiot, I appreciate your math and theorycraft is usually very good but I still rank higher than you, and compete with your "very good warriors in top 30" even though I "use the wrong glyph" (PS: I was progressing on Primordius at the time of Reck glyph, mainly trying it out to see how it behaves when you have 60%+ crit due to the buffs on Primordius. You already knew that though because you are the original annoying little know it all prick who hasn't even seen the encounter.)

    I don't care who you have on your friends list, they are good warriors, you're a theorycrafter, good job on maths. Now go do it in game.

    Sick ranks brah.

    Edit: Verdisha from Paragon offered me to join him and start a 25 man guild last night, I guess that's because I'm bad?
    Maybe you'd like to argue the merits of the glyph instead of the size of your e-peen? I'm honestly not sure if you can even be convinced. Some people are so stuck in their ways that they will never admit they are wrong for fear of losing face. Ah well, I tried.

    I gave you the reasoning behind why the glyph was bad.

    I gave you the math behind why the glyph was bad.

    I gave you the proof that the glyph was bad.

    I gave you the opinions of other good warriors who say the glyph is bad.

    I gave you evidence, logic, reasoning, and opinions and all you counter with is "my e-peen is better so I'm right."

    Honestly, I think your inability to think rationally on the issue is the problem here, since you seem unwilling to admit that you are wrong, or defend your stance.

    Even primordious the glyph won't be useful since you'd have to consistently be getting 3-4 crit stacks every time.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-04-23 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Chill the fuck down; you're acting like an elitist neckbeard.

    It has been simmed time and time again that the glyph is WORSE than unglyphed. What does this mean for YOU? It means that you could do even more DPS; it means that if you don't have it you probably can be ranked 1 on almost all the fights you're ranking sub-20 on right now.

    Noone is directly hating on you, they're just against the notion that you think that the glyph is a DPS increase. It isn't.... yet.
    Primordius crit inflation, multiple banners. It has a use.

  3. #43
    I'm not stopping your two dick measuring contest, however I will say a few things that hopefully derails it.

    A) Please stay on topic.

    B) If you were willing to read the logs, perhaps you'd do a little further investigating said logs?
    Not denying you did fine damage, but the logs clearly state that the player didn't use the H:Ji-Kun trinket that lock out, maybe because he didn't get it till they killed the boss. In fact, he was using H:Lei Shen's Last Orders. Other things (such as gear gotten during that lockout that hadn't been gemmed/enchanted/reforged and thus equipped to keep raiding smoothly) could be part of it as well (could not be as well, seeing as he cleared it at the end of a week, thus right before restart).
    He also did 10 million more damage and his fight was a bit longer, which could account for a whole variety of things, such as dps falling off after his spike for an overall lower dps.

    C) Glyph of Recklessness is a dps loss in MOST cases due to the amount of crit lost during your window in comparison to the time gained and how it is utilized (most likely fewer buffs).

    D) Please resist name calling.

    E) Ranks don't mean everything.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    I
    C) Glyph of Recklessness is a dps loss in MOST cases due to the amount of crit lost during your window in comparison to the time gained and how it is utilized (most likely fewer buffs).

    D) Please resist name calling.

    E) Ranks don't mean everything.
    Yep exactly.

    Felt riled up after I got attacked by some random.

    100% Correct.

  5. #45
    Field Marshal Appolyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    I'm not stopping your two dick measuring contest...
    I LOL'd - like really, really outLOUD

    Also, back on topic... this Meta, while its better than the regular one, still seems lack luster given that its taken (all prequests included) so long... The Silithus gate-opening part 2 imo - at least then what you got for it was pretty impressive.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Yep exactly.

    Felt riled up after I got attacked by some random.

    100% Correct.
    Why would you use Primordius as an example? You're never guaranteed a crit buff. Reck glyph, at this current stage/tier, is just a bad idea and it should NOT be used at all.

    Plus, are you really bringing in wow-heroes and bragging about your rankings? Really?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Why would you use Primordius as an example? You're never guaranteed a crit buff. Reck glyph, at this current stage/tier, is just a bad idea and it should NOT be used at all.

    Plus, are you really bringing in wow-heroes and bragging about your rankings? Really?
    Yes you are not guaranteed a crit buff, but it's very likely. My point was simply that the Reck glyph does have its uses.

    It was in response to the guy calling me bad etc, he's the one with wow-heroes in his signature, lol.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Even primordious the glyph won't be useful since you'd have to consistently be getting 3-4 crit stacks every time.
    While this is true; it still is the RNG-risk you take to rank #1. If you want to rank #1 as a warrior you HAVE to HAVE 4 +crit stacks; and at that point, I do agree that the Glyph of Reck would probably be a good investment.

    But outside of Primordius; or any other fight that gives you +crit in some way or another, the glyph is ... a waste of a glyphslot, a trapglyph. Now, I don't know how much our gear will inflate in the Siege of Orgrimmar, but it has to inflate to ridiculous levels for the Glyph to be considered.


    Also you're both acting like children. There is no need for hostility here, save that anger for when you get a non-crit Bloodthirst.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2013-04-23 at 06:22 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    While this is true; it still is the RNG-risk you take to rank #1. If you want to rank #1 as a warrior you HAVE to HAVE 4 +crit stacks; and at that point, I do agree that the Glyph of Reck would probably be a good investment.

    But outside of Primordius; or any other fight that gives you +crit in some way or another, the glyph is ... a waste of a glyphslot, a trapglyph. Now, I don't know how much our gear will inflate in the Siege of Orgrimmar, but it has to inflate to ridiculous levels for the Glyph to be considered.


    Also you're both acting like children. There is no need for hostility here, save that anger for when you get a non-crit Bloodthirst.
    Untrue. I'm currently #1 on Primordius HM and I'm pretty certain I didn't get 4 stacks of crit during the fight. Max was MAYBE 2-3.

    Yeah, just looked at our kill VoD from last night, max crit I got was 3 stacks, I had 1-2 for most of the fight.
    Last edited by Brakthir; 2013-04-23 at 06:26 PM.

  10. #50

  11. #51
    Moderator sjsctt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    727
    Collission did some interesting math on the value of crit at higher gear levels. Basically, its value begins dropping around 40% self buffed. With stacks on primordious, even just one or two, I could see where the glyph may have its use. But, it is very situational. Overall, you will perform at a higher level, more consistently without the glyph. If RNG favors you, the glyph may situationally be better.

    Reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...422422?page=87

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Collission did some interesting math on the value of crit at higher gear levels. Basically, its value begins dropping around 40% self buffed. With stacks on primordious, even just one or two, I could see where the glyph may have its use. But, it is very situational. Overall, you will perform at a higher level, more consistently without the glyph. If RNG favors you, the glyph may situationally be better.

    Reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...422422?page=87
    My point exactly.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    My point exactly.
    Did you fail to read where he said "it is very situational"?

  14. #54
    Reck glyph is bad! There is no real time to use it past tier or this tier (except high stack prim and that's rng)

    Now those of you comparing logs, it means nothing. Just that whatever your doing with reck glyph on means you'll just slightly do more with a better glyph on that specific fight. I run CS/ Leap/Unending usually but can also switch to Charge in place of CS depending on the fight. It's a minimal gain and a slightly more gain vs. reck glyph.

    With full Heroic BiS Orgrimmar forged or whatever dumb crap they so next tier maybe then Reck glyph will have a spot(permanent spot) but not likely if Mastery indeed passes Crit then instead of the glyph you alter your reforging options which will put the glyph back to its useless state unless ifc there's a 50% crit buff fight or something.

    Ill leave it with that. Ignore any grammar or spelling because I'm on phone on my way out of my final exam

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    I run CS/ Leap/Unending usually but can also switch to Charge in place of CS depending on the fight. It's a minimal gain and a slightly more gain vs. reck glyph
    Oh the days of Warrior Tanks with their Sundering. WTB nerf to Protadin.
    Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    With full Heroic BiS Orgrimmar forged...
    I swear. If it's Orgrimmar forged or "Sha Forged" or "low chance to be slightly better forged" I'm gonna be upset.

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Oh the days of Warrior Tanks with their Sundering. WTB nerf to Protadin.
    Also

    I swear. If it's Orgrimmar forged or "Sha Forged" or "low chance to be slightly better forged" I'm gonna be upset.
    I lole'd at orgimmar forged.

  17. #57
    Field Marshal Appolyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    if its "low chance to be slightly better forged" I'm gonna be upset.
    Prepare yourself sir.

  18. #58
    Blademaster Wrekon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    41
    let me make 4 guess. You go to UOIT, UofT, York or Ryerson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Reck glyph is bad! There is no real time to use it past tier or this tier (except high stack prim and that's rng)

    Now those of you comparing logs, it means nothing. Just that whatever your doing with reck glyph on means you'll just slightly do more with a better glyph on that specific fight. I run CS/ Leap/Unending usually but can also switch to Charge in place of CS depending on the fight. It's a minimal gain and a slightly more gain vs. reck glyph.

    With full Heroic BiS Orgrimmar forged or whatever dumb crap they so next tier maybe then Reck glyph will have a spot(permanent spot) but not likely if Mastery indeed passes Crit then instead of the glyph you alter your reforging options which will put the glyph back to its useless state unless ifc there's a 50% crit buff fight or something.

    Ill leave it with that. Ignore any grammar or spelling because I'm on phone on my way out of my final exam

  19. #59
    UofT St.George

    I live in 'sauga though :P

  20. #60
    Is it me or is this sausage fest with random "top parsing" warriors randomly showing up and flexing their epeen becoming a common thing on these forums?

    If you are a good warrior, you should realize that the top 20 or so parses tend to not mean anything comparatively, considering they are all pretty close to each other and are usually due to uncontrollable aspects like strategy and/or RNG and/or gear. (and yes, Brakthir, I know I used your logs as an argument a while back, but that was to troll you more than anything.)

    If you are a good warrior, you should realize that your damage is middle of the pack compared to most other classes/specs this tier and if you are doing "well" in your guild, it's not because you are an unstoppable juggernaut and the best warrior to ever grace WoW, but because your guild has horrible DPS in their respective roles who let you "pad" more on certain aspects because they are doing less on said padding with their SUPERIOR SPECS. Our utility is what gets us brought to raids, not our fucking damage. (seriously, go look at how other classes and specs do on WoL instead of just warriors)

    If you are a good warrior, you should stop coming here and letting the fucking entire world know that you got #X parse on X fight because it so happens everyone is mid progression right now and the majority are NOT parsing (that includes a shit ton of geared warriors/good warriors with shit gear you are not competing with). Wait till it's farm status for everyone and everyone is on equal footing with equal gear at least before you come here with this shit.

    If you are a good warrior, people will know, you don't have to remind us every waking second.

    I really just had to get this off my chest, this is such a common occurrence at this point. I can't read any new threads without this garbage popping up at some point lately.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-04-24 at 11:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •