Yeah, I'm the dude that's just gonna say it... I know its a dirty word. HASTE!
So, 1% haste at 90 = 425.19 and 1% mastery at 90 = 429. That being said, as SMF simc, my own spreadsheet and napkin math show my haste so close to mastery as is that is seems likely to be...... better?
Given that we're not using the old meta with a % bonus for crit....
1) Haste benefits to RPPM items (2PC, Trinkets, Meta, both DS enchants) is better.
2) Is the nature of haste stacking with (Lust, Flurry, Raid Buff) better, given the RPPM system in BiS?
3) When the planets don't align and you run a bit low on Enrage uptime, haste is still your friend.
Is it really as close?... or maybe even (point for point) better? I just did 10 minutes ea on dummies with a reforge either way and it seems very close. Now, I know haste is dirty and smells, this is a warrior truth (cept maybe Arms)... but, maybe getting a bit more AP with more haste and such is better than pure crit/mastery.
1) I see Landsoul, Sinner and Soy and the boys from EU still on the doin the tried and true... and so am I right now.
2) I just love new toys like the meta and RPPM's galore and I want all I can get out of them.
3) I have 812 Respecs, I would guess that's only since they added Achievements - I discovered the Burning Crusade DW arms bleed spec quite a while before it was nerfed because I just read and tried stuff every night after raids.
Could we be missing something? Has anyone really tried this albeit gross idea of dawning legit Pallly/DK haste gear (Thunderforged of course) and REALLY stacked it up to see? The meta especially seems to be a "tweakable" PPM given that its damage is just an extra special (nature or not).
TLDR: Haste good-er? Thoughts....
Constructive Theorycrafters, opinions?
PS: some late night thoughts would also be the multiplicative scaling with flurry especially. Kinda like the old ways of crit stacking to make for more flurry uptime and more crits (insert loop here).