Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Again with the insults and ignoring the math.
    That really is funny seeing as how you proceeded by calling him bad and saying "I don't why I expected anything else while you're wearing those bracers" in the first place, and started this whole thing.

    And I don't mean to say logs are everything, but when you compare that many logs of two individuals and there is that big a difference I think it's hard to argue that you are a better player than him. Even if he is wrong with the maths and the theory-craft regarding the glyph with banners and whatnot you clearly are NOT in a position to call him bad, that is for sure.

    And I don't get where everyone got the idea that he is "Bragging" about his WoL ranks, he clearly only posted that to show this theorycraft superstar with superstar friends that he is actually far from being bad, he didn't come here and say lololol I have top parses what you say is invalid and I'm the best warrior.
    Last edited by Bekro; 2013-04-26 at 11:12 AM.

  2. #82
    Nail on the head Bekro. Thanks dude.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    snip.
    Don't think anyone except for Darkfriend explicitely said Choptimus is bragging with his WoL rankings; that would be dumb. Secondly, it is funny that you're so hateful towards "a" theorycrafter; while you do your rotation and gearing as they tell you to.

    You can't expect someone be good at theorycrafting AND be the best on performing; ofcourse you would expect them to be above average at least, but there is no need to be the best of the best just by knowing the math behind it.

    As an example; take F1 racing. The scientists behind all the nuts and bolts of a F1 racecar know the ins-and-outs of how the car works and how it should be used. But there are very, VERY few scientists that can actually perform on a pro-racer level's driving. Or a Smith might know how to make the best of the best swords (weighted perfectly, durable blade etc.) But that doesn't make him a master at swordsmanship.

    Knowing everything about a subject, does not make you good in practice of that subject, and that is what is being missed in this discussion.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2013-04-26 at 05:51 PM.

  4. #84
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Don't think anyone except for Darkfriend explicitely said Choptimus is bragging with his WoL rankings; that would be dumb. Secondly, it is funny that you're so hateful towards "a" theorycrafter; while you do your rotation and gearing as they tell you to.

    You can't expect someone be good at theorycrafting AND be the best on performing; ofcourse you would expect them to be above average at least, but there is no need to be the best of the best just by knowing the math behind it.

    As an example; take F1 racing. The scientists behind all the nuts and bolts of a F1 racecar know the ins-and-outs of how the car works and how it should be used. But there are very, VERY few scientists that can actually perform on a pro-racer level's driving. Or a Smith might know how to make the best of the best swords (weighted perfectly, durable blade etc.) But that doesn't make him a master at swordsmanship.

    Knowing everything about a subject, does not make you good in practice of that subject, and that is what is being missed in this discussion.
    Wow hahah, you really got carried away there buddy. I never said I hated theorycrafting, I actually quite enjoy it, and I follow Collision and Landsouls posts I even read his compendium. I just don't like the fact that this guy c/p s stuff from Collisions posts (not saying that is all he does but some of his posts are just that) as his own and goes around insulting people as if he is some superstar. Didn't bother reading your example since you are miles away from the point.

    Edit: Not gonna bother checking atm but there have been at least 3 posts by different people if I recall right that thought he was bragging with his logs.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    snip
    How convenient of you to just read my remark about the shitflinging going on in this thread.

    Figures.

  6. #86
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    shitflinging
    I'm pretty sure that's not a word, hence I am not sure what other meaningful message you tried to give out there. Maybe you should do another example.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not a word, hence I am not sure what other meaningful message you tried to give out there. Maybe you should do another example.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=shitflinging

    Pretty sure you're just being obstinate.

  8. #88
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=shitflinging

    Pretty sure you're just being obstinate.
    Me being obstinate would imply that I knew that was a word and I refuse to accept it as such? That would be silly. I honestly even tried to google it and couldn't find anything lol.. Should've tried urban dictionary I suppose.


    To Pickwickman:
    Since now I understand your post; I don't see how me reading your post about "shiftlinging" has anything at all to do with my reply regarding your attempt to teach me how theorycrafters don't need to be the best in practice.

    Anyway I'm not going to reply to this thread any more I just wanted to point out that he posted the logs to defend himself against a personal attack and some people just presumed he was bragging.
    Last edited by Bekro; 2013-05-01 at 05:01 PM.

  9. #89
    I would like to give me input to this thread even though I'm not the best warrior. I learn alot from most of you from the maths and general input that you give to these posts, and I genuinly appriciate the work you people put in. I don't do simcraft myself and don't really understand the math of it all(would like to learn in the future) though, so when I thought about this whole haste issue I was thinking really simple and comparing it to my ret paladin.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istinkt/simple

    At the moment, with my mastery, I get between 19-20% increased damage when I'm enraged. If you put that into perspective of a ret paladin that has a 20% increased damage done on a 2 minute cooldown it just looks so obvious to me that mastery is the best way to go. We can have like 70%+ uptime on what is effectively paladin wings. In that sense, to me, mastery was the best way to go. I then read the math that people had posted and that backed it up.

    My point is to get the most accurate answer you have to use maths or read posts from theorycraftersr. But you can also think about it yourself and it doesn't nesesarily have to be that complicated, atleast in this case.

    Just my two cents.

    Edit: Don't get the misconception that I use bladestorm on every fight please
    Last edited by Distinkt; 2013-05-03 at 09:39 AM.

  10. #90
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    325
    @ Distinkt By this Logic haste must be better than mastery, because Unholy DKs have a 20% haste Cooldown which is on a 3 minutes timer and thus must be stronger than Paladin Wings...

    Im not arguing that mastery is actually worse, its just that your argument is completely invalid...

  11. #91
    I thought of this whole thing and it made mastery quite obvious, to me, since haste doesn't increase our enrage uptime that much and with more mastery my 20% increased damage on enrage could get up to maybe 25 or 30% next tier. That's more than paladins get without the 2 minute cooldown.

    Not so much a serious argument for mastery but more of an acknowledgment. I'm sorry that you could not see that, maybe I should've been more clear in my post.
    Last edited by Distinkt; 2013-05-03 at 01:32 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I thought of this whole thing and it made mastery quite obvious, to me, since haste doesn't increase our enrage uptime that much and with more mastery my 20% increased damage on enrage could get up to maybe 25 or 30% next tier. That's more than paladins get without the 2 minute cooldown.

    Not so much a serious argument for mastery but more of an acknowledgment. I'm sorry that you could not see that, maybe I should've been more clear in my post.
    Your acknowledgment is meaningless drivel. It was perfectly clear.

  13. #93
    Your acknowledgment is meaningless drivel. It was perfectly clear.
    So much hostility :s

  14. #94
    Was just about to make a similar thread. I'm Arms and SimCraft is currently giving me higher values for Haste than Crit, never mind Mastery...

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    That's more than paladins get without the 2 minute cooldown.
    The mentioning of a paladin cooldown lacks any relevance. Sword of the light alone offers 15% and soon 30% and their mastery adds holy damage on top of their abilities. I fail to see how this is supposed to show anything.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    I would like to give me input to this thread even though I'm not the best warrior. I learn alot from most of you from the maths and general input that you give to these posts, and I genuinly appriciate the work you people put in. I don't do simcraft myself and don't really understand the math of it all(would like to learn in the future) though, so when I thought about this whole haste issue I was thinking really simple and comparing it to my ret paladin.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istinkt/simple

    At the moment, with my mastery, I get between 19-20% increased damage when I'm enraged. If you put that into perspective of a ret paladin that has a 20% increased damage done on a 2 minute cooldown it just looks so obvious to me that mastery is the best way to go. We can have like 70%+ uptime on what is effectively paladin wings. In that sense, to me, mastery was the best way to go. I then read the math that people had posted and that backed it up.

    My point is to get the most accurate answer you have to use maths or read posts from theorycraftersr. But you can also think about it yourself and it doesn't nesesarily have to be that complicated, atleast in this case.

    Just my two cents.

    Edit: Don't get the misconception that I use bladestorm on every fight please
    I wouldn't go around throwing in other classes as guidelines to which secondary stat to use. It does not work that way.

  17. #97
    Yeah, it sounded alot better in my head.. :s Maybe I should just stick to playing and not posting. Anyway, thanks for all the great input! It's been a good read.

  18. #98
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Distinkt View Post
    Yeah, it sounded alot better in my head.. :s Maybe I should just stick to playing and not posting. Anyway, thanks for all the great input! It's been a good read.
    The thing is, mastery is strong, really strong. But crit, until close to BiS, is just so much better. Not only does crit increase damage through critting, but also procs enrage, and RB charges as a result. That's the *logic* behind crit for fury. The math is there too, but I'm too tired to reiterate it. Basically SEP of crit is between .85 and .95 and msatery is like .55 to .7 or so (very rough numbers depending on gear and shit.)

  19. #99
    Yes I was not inclining Mastery > Crit this tier I was talking about Mastery or Haste as the secondary stat after crit. But it all came out wrong.

    I would delete the posts but some people might get a good laugh out of it, so I'll let it stay :P

  20. #100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •