Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It would be pretty refreshing if they could manage to release an expansion someday that didn't involve completely relearning how to play the classes already in the game. So no, I think there are plenty of races in the game and more than enough classes and specs.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

"Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    No. 10 chars.
    Because this symbolizes constructive feedback. Well explained, sir!

I like the idea of a new faction. I'd find WoW a lot more enjoyable if they threw in something kind of unexpected such as a new faction (I like the Scourge idea under the LK's rule). I know the ridiculous amount of work it would take to do something like that... but it would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    I'd rather have new models and perhaps Sub-Races such as pure (brown) orcs or grimtotem (black) tauren or farraki/drakkari trolls.
    That would be amazing. Keep the current races, but add new sub-races (for the Vanilla races at least). Iron Dwarves, Mechagnomes, Fel Orcs, Drakkari Trolls, Asians (Human Sub-Race that starts on Pandaria), you name it.

Herald of the Titans UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    It would be pretty refreshing if they could manage to release an expansion someday that didn't involve completely relearning how to play the classes already in the game. So no, I think there are plenty of races in the game and more than enough classes and specs.
    I really have to agree with that sentiment. I have a Warlock that I've pretty much abandoned simply because of how much the talents/abilities changed for him. I'll come back to him sometime, ofc. Just not for a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Because this symbolizes constructive feedback. Well explained, sir!

I like the idea of a new faction. I'd find WoW a lot more enjoyable if they threw in something kind of unexpected such as a new faction (I like the Scourge idea under the LK's rule). I know the ridiculous amount of work it would take to do something like that... but it would be pretty awesome.
    Ignoring how much work it would take, that would be pretty cool. Question is, would they be an evil Scourge or a "reformed" Scourge? Reformed as in... not the plague-like monstrosities that Arthas controlled. If they shared Bolvar's sense of... well, justice and so on.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-04-18 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Threatening an atheist with hell is like threatening a Christian with Mordor.

New races and classes are needed alongside other changes to keep the game fresh. We're paying 15 bucks a month. We deserve constant new content. New races and classes are a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    New races and classes are needed alongside other changes to keep the game fresh. We're paying 15 bucks a month. We deserve constant new content. New races and classes are a part of that.
    Your $15 a month only gets you access to the current live servers, nothing more really. Blizzard own your account and everything on it. You just pay for access.

I'm just saying though, as much as it might be 'tradition', I think the game could be successfully updated without a new class or race. Blizzard just need something just as attention grabbing for people to get excited over. A lot of players would prefer just having the updated models too.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Your $15 a month only gets you access to the current live servers, nothing more really. Blizzard own your account and everything on it. You just pay for access.

I'm just saying though, as much as it might be 'tradition', I think the game could be successfully updated without a new class or race. Blizzard just need something just as attention grabbing for people to get excited over. A lot of players would prefer just having the updated models too.
    They could, but why do that when they could just add a new race and/or class and get that attention? Look at MoP. In MoP, they added a new race, a new class, a new continent, a new pet battle system, scenarios, UI upgrades, a 4th Druid spec, updated models for Druids, a revamped Warlock class, a completely redone talent system, and more. The next expansion will be WoW's 10th anniversary. A new class or race will be a necessary and expected addition.

Now in my personal opinion, there won't be a new race because the team is working on model updates, and those model updates will more than likely be one of the features of the next expansion. So in this case, you're looking at either a new class, or 4th specs for each class. According to GC, either one requires the same amount of work on Blizzard's part. A 4th spec would go along well with the model updates.

Of course, there's also the Tinker which is the last WC3 hero unit that could actually be a full blown class in WoW. Tinkers would also supply some much needed lore to Goblins and Gnomes. Two races who deserve some love thrown their way.

OT: Blizzard isn't going to skimp out on a new race or class simply because some people want them to "slow down".
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-29 at 08:46 PM.

I don't think we need another race, but we do need another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They could, but why do that when they could just add a new race and/or class and get that attention? Look at MoP. In MoP, they added a new race, a new class, a new continent, a new pet battle system, scenarios, UI upgrades, a 4th Druid spec, updated models for Druids, a revamped Warlock class, a completely redone talent system, and more. The next expansion will be WoW's 10th anniversary. A new class or race will be a necessary and expected addition.

Now in my personal opinion, there won't be a new race because the team is working on model updates, and those model updates will more than likely be one of the features of the next expansion. So in this case, you're looking at either a new class, or 4th specs for each class. According to GC, either one requires the same amount of work on Blizzard's part. A 4th spec would go along well with the model updates.

Of course, there's also the Tinker which is the last WC3 hero unit that could actually be a full blown class in WoW. Tinkers would also supply some much needed lore to Goblins and Gnomes. Two races who deserve some love thrown their way.

OT: Blizzard isn't going to skimp out on a new race or class simply because some people want them to "slow down".
    Essentially, they had to add all of that to get players interested after the awful showing from Cataclysm. The people that stopped playing in Cata were likely watching the details of the next expansion like a hawk to see if it was worth it.

Almost anything would go well with the addition of a new spec for every class (minus Druids, they have 4 ^_^).
    I agree that Tinkers would add some lore for Goblins and Gnomes, God knows the Gnomes did at least some new lore lol