Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Remake Star Wars Episodes I-III

Rules: Its a remake, so you can't change the story too much. It still needs to be recognizable as the same movie, (and throwing in a couple lightsabres while iconic isn't enough).

So what would you change or tweak to make it better? Keep in mind that most remakes are terrible. But lets have some fun.

(1) Naboo = Alderaan: We wanted to see new things in the prequels but we wanted to explore a world we were already somewhat familiar with, not a completely new planet we have no vested interest in. Here is why it would work, we know Alderaan is going to be destroyed if written correctly even knowing the outcome we can still desire to have it work out for the planet. Also, its much more heart wrenching in episode IV when we see this planet destroyed.

(2) Goofyness: While Star Wars has plenty of comical relief (and thats fine I love it) but Jar Jar's character was super annoying far beyond that of C3PO, or any other anecdotal character. Also the droid army was a little unbelievable as battle hardened when they have their 3 stooges moments and don't behave in an intelligent manner. Which leads into my 3rd point.

(3) The droid army: They needed to be cold, calculated, and look a little more menacing. IG-100 magnaguards (but an army of them) or even the commando droids from the cartoon show.

(4) Not such a strong difference or "pre-evolution" of ships. Walkers AT-AT, AT-ST, TIE fighters, Shuttle Tydirium, Star Destroyers, X-Wings

(5) No Samuel L. Jackson

15+ Year Old Account
    Scrap the whole plot and make the story about people and good vs evil rather than a story about political organizations we don't care about. Ditch the kid, ditch the goofy aliens and ditch the ridiculous battles and light-sabre nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I-III are better than IV-VI!!!

*takes cover*

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I-III are better than IV-VI!!!

*takes cover*
    /agreed

Tho, II could be remade since it's just like Lotr: The two Towers. So much talk about politics during the entire movie to then have a fight in the end. Yes, the middle movie is the hardest one but still, Episode II could have been done better. + I like your idea about Alderaan! Would have been cool to see more of it, but no Samuel L Jackson?! Oh hell naw!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Scrap the whole plot and make the story about people and good vs evil rather than a story about political organizations we don't care about. Ditch the kid, ditch the goofy aliens and ditch the ridiculous battles and light-sabre nonsense.
    So... Ditch the entire universe then? Fair point, that certainly would be one heck of a remake.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Solutions seem easy to me: Kill Jar Jar Binks early on. Make Anakin less of a whiny bitch. Dont try and work every character into the movie (i.e. Boba Fett and Jengo Fett) Make Yoda a puppet. More Rancor Monsters. Less political monsters. Dont let George Lucas anywhere near it. More Princesses in bikinis.

If you don't like star wars you can just get out.

Lets remake mario, but with real dark monsters, no jumping on heads, guns instead of mushrooms and a tank to ride in instead of yoshi.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So... Ditch the entire universe then? Fair point, that certainly would be one heck of a remake.
    There's a difference between having a lightsaber battle to build suspense and drama, it's another to have jedi flipping around all over the place like monkeys. It just looks ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between having a lightsaber battle to build suspense and drama, it's another to have jedi flipping around all over the place like monkeys. It just looks ridiculous.
    Dunno, they had some pretty intense saber duels in the first movies, and I'm sure that they would've involved a lot more flipping if it weren't for the fact that the original movies were from the late 70's.

But jedi's flipping around with lightsabers is what star wars is about.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

And it made the cool again, sorry but the lightsaber duels between luke and ole asthma were boring and only led to the questions of why the hell would any organization use swords instead of blasters/missles if they can only fight like old men.

Don't get me wrong I love the original trilogy but having worked at Toys r us and seeing tons of kids come in asking about Star Wars wanting a lightsaber and attempting to do those moves gave me hope for the franchise.
    Last edited by Scottyjscizzle; 2013-04-18 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think IV-VI should get remade because they are full of bad acting, lame dialog and boring fights... They need more action, like III.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get rid of Jar Jar and all the other 'guess the racial cliche!' aliens, for one thing. For another I'd get a child who could actually act for young Anakin, and dialogue that wasn't Resident Evil-levels of bad ("I hate sand"). I'd also give Anakin a better motive for TURNING ON, AND THEN KILLING, HIS FRIENDS than 'I had a bad dream about Padme!'

Last but not least I'd downgrade the tech, machines and ships a bit to look more like the original three. They're prequels and yet they look like they take place hundreds if not thousands of years later (than the original 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd get rid of Jar Jar and all the other 'guess the racial cliche!' aliens, for one thing. For another I'd get a child who could actually act for young Anakin, and dialogue that wasn't Resident Evil-levels of bad ("I hate sand"). I'd also give Anakin a better motive for TURNING ON, AND THEN KILLING, HIS FRIENDS than 'I had a bad dream about Padme!'

Last but not least I'd downgrade the tech, machines and ships a bit to look more like the original three. They're prequels and yet they look like they take place hundreds if not thousands of years later (than the original 3).
    L2EU you would learn a lot more, Anakin was turning before episode 3.

1-3 are during the very height of the Republic, where 4-6 are from the view of a rebel group fighting the empire with what they have which isn't that great.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think IV-VI should get remade because they are full of bad acting, lame dialog and boring fights... They need more action, like III.
    ... Bad acting? I'm sorry what? Sir Alec Guinness, James Earl Jones, Harrison Ford vs Samuel "Motherfucking" L. Jackson.... Really?

Oh and more action, again let's compare a bunch of movies from the 70's to a bunch of movies from the 00's - you just can't compare them when it comes to action and special effects.

Deleted
    Empire says no.

Want bad acting ?
    => Hayden Christensen. "I KILLED THEM ALL!" Yeah totally believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh and more action, again let's compare a bunch of movies from the 70's to a bunch of movies from the 00's - you just can't compare them when it comes to action and special effects.
    Thats why they need to be remade

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Empire says no.

Want bad acting ?
    => Hayden Christensen. "I KILLED THEM ALL!" Yeah totally believable.
    It was believable I watched him kill them all like animals.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thats why they need to be remade
    No, that's not why they need to be remade, also the thread is about a remake of I-III, not IV-VI.

Those movies and the "remastered" 4-6 are just proof that George Lucas should not be allowed anywhere near his own creation ever again. He created a pretty awesome fictional universe, but at the end of the day the best works related to that universe are not his own, very strange.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.