Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would not change a thing, just continue on with the Star Wars Universe, the fuck would you need a remake for? You'd have to remake all 6 movies in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace Hayden Christensen with a decent actor.

gratz, you just saved the films.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the last light saber battle in I, there is one other thing that came out of it that was good. The Podracing video game, don't say that wasn't good because you know deep down it has a special place in your heart if you've played it before.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Bad acting? I'm sorry what? Sir Alec Guinness, James Earl Jones, Harrison Ford vs Samuel "Motherfucking" L. Jackson.... Really?

Oh and more action, again let's compare a bunch of movies from the 70's to a bunch of movies from the 00's - you just can't compare them when it comes to action and special effects.
    Funny you bring up Alec Guinness because he thought that the movies were the most idiotic things he had the shame of having his name attached to.

In fact, the reason his character died is was half due to his desire to just leave the whole Star Wars franchise. Pretty much the only good thing he had to say about them was that they at least gave him the freedom not to take work he didn't want for his bread and butter.

My ideal would be....

Scrap episode I entirely. It was a film that brought nothing to the table that couldn't be handled in one of the other movies.

Episode I should have been basically what episode II was, but with better acting, a finer tuned script.

Episode II should have been what Episode III was. The courtship of Anakin to the darkside would have been played out better though.

And episode III should have been the immediate story of Anakin as Darth Vader hunting down jedi....so we can see the depths of cruelty and darkness Anakin fell to. It would make his redemption that much sweeter in episode 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    My ideal would be....

Scrap episode I entirely. It was a film that brought nothing to the table that couldn't be handled in one of the other movies.

Episode I should have been basically what episode II was, but with better acting, a finer tuned script.

Episode II should have been what Episode III was. The courtship of Anakin to the darkside would have been played out better though.

And episode III should have been the immediate story of Anakin as Darth Vader hunting down jedi....so we can see the depths of cruelty and darkness Anakin fell to. It would make his redemption that much sweeter in episode 6.
    I don't see the problem with this but there is so much to build on within the area between I and II, as well as III and IV.
    Hey everyone

Jettison Jar Jar Binks, child Anakin, Hayden Christiansen and pretty much the entirety of the Gungan species out the airlock...and it's already looking a bit better.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of Jar Jar.

Rewrite Anakin's downfall so it isn't all based "on a bad dream."

Don't cast a block of wood as Anakin.

Get.

Rid.

Of.

Jar Jar.
    Putin khuliyo

mostly i would just replace a few of the actors and remove jar jar completly, cut down on the politic aspect a bit aswell

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anakin's fall should have been spread across each eps with a weak to strong influence of the Sith lord. Him switching sides over a dream seemed like a cop out and the last battle was not epic enough.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Anakin's fall should have been spread across each eps with a weak to strong influence of the Sith lord. Him switching sides over a dream seemed like a cop out and the last battle was not epic enough.
    I'm pretty sure you weren't watch Star wars.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I'm pretty sure you weren't watch Star wars.
    Then you would be incorrect but its ok.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Funny you bring up Alec Guinness because he thought that the movies were the most idiotic things he had the shame of having his name attached to.

In fact, the reason his character died is was half due to his desire to just leave the whole Star Wars franchise. Pretty much the only good thing he had to say about them was that they at least gave him the freedom not to take work he didn't want for his bread and butter.
    "It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience." After seeing the original Star Wars, that's what he said. Not exactly as you put it. He was also one of the people in the film who thought it would be a hit, rather than most who thought the film would flop.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Then you would be incorrect but its ok.
    Well did you just skip episode 1 and 2 then?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I dont know, i simply enjoyed all 6 episodes.
    Maybe some people need to take it less seriously.
    Also, I will watch remakes, because why not?

It is nice./

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post

Yeah Alec Guinness hated star wars but boy did star wars make him a very rich man

He was the only actor smart enough not to take a pay check instead he demanded 2 percent in royalties from what the movies made and it made him very rich indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Yeah Alec Guinness hated star wars but boy did star wars make him a very rich man

He was the only actor smart enough not to take a pay check instead he demanded 2 percent in royalties from what the movies made and it made him very rich indeed
    What are your sources on this? From wikipedia:

"It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience."

Yes, he "hated" the script, and didn't want people to remember him for this part, but it doesn't go beyond that, right?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    What are your sources on this? From wikipedia:

"It's a pretty staggering film as spectacle and technically brilliant. Exciting, very noisy and warm-hearted. The battle scenes at the end go on for five minutes too long, I feel, and some of the dialogue is excruciating and much of it is lost in noise, but it remains a vivid experience."

Yes, he "hated" the script, and didn't want people to remember him for this part, but it doesn't go beyond that, right?
    Maybe hate is a strong word but he did go on record saying star wars was fairy-tale rubbish