Deleted

Gw2 Best Profession for pvp

Whats the best profession for pvp and wvw in gw2

Deleted
    dont think there is a 'best'. Have had success with all of them in s/tpvp.

Thieves and Elementalists are very easy to pick up though, even for a beginner with the profession. The problem is there are just soo many possible builds for all, and your lack of description of what you want makes it a bit harder to reccomend somethin more specific

Whichever you can play the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

elementalist hands down, no competition.

d/d is a tad more versatile than s/d so most ppl run that.

rhandric, I get the gist of what you're saying but I'll be devil's advocate: Imagine the best d/d ele in the world playing the best war in the world do you really think they'd "draw"?

d/d elementalist is a good roamer

not so good in a zerg fight though, better off with a staff in that circumstance (I use both, mostly use D/D but if I see a zerg fight coming up I'll equip my staff).

Ele for all around tanky viability and OPness. Many other professions are better or worse at certain things and roles than others, so really you should decide what you want to do in PvP first.

Honestly, Meledelion, I don't know, as I don't watch the pvp scene (while I enjoy GW(1+2)'s pvp more than most games, PvP isn't my cup of tea).

My point is, while at max skill certain classes (more likely, builds) are more powerful, one person's best isn't going to be another person's best, due to variances of skill.

I'm a strong believer in the fact that if you dedicate yourself to something you can learn/master it.
    If your goal is to be the very best, like no one ever was you'll have to start by picking the best equipment.

Whenever I hear this question I adres it as: "I want to be the best possible in PvP, I don't care about classes I just want to be the strongest", maybe that personal interpretation hinders sometimes though.

While that's true, different classes have different skill caps, as do players. Plus different classes can excel at different aspects, even within PvP, so asking for the "best" isn't exactly a clear-cut question. So while d/d ele might be the "best" for some value of "best", if it doesn't fit the player (either in skill, style, or "role"), it's going to suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    D/D Ele no contest