Poll: What is the Sexiest Race?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    It's because it doesn't look like a strong draenei warrior/paladin , but a blue japananese schoolgirl with horns.
    Wich is fine for some I guess, but it's not what I have in mind whene I picture a draenei.

^ that. Like I said a few pages before, I don't mind cute options for any race because it's not unreasonable. But to litter the game with so many cute options that people lose touch with what the race actually is and start thinking it's hentai fuel instead makes me sad.

So no, I didn't think that draenei was ugly. Only that she was oversexualized and overly cutesy for an ancient, magical race with demonic ties.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    It's because it doesn't look like a strong draenei warrior/paladin , but a blue japananese schoolgirl with horns.
    Wich is fine for some I guess, but it's not what I have in mind whene I picture a draenei.
    fem draenei in-game models do look like japanese schoolgirls with horns. goblin girls have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more muscle than draenei.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    fem draenei in-game models do look like japanese schoolgirls with horns. goblin girls have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more muscle than draenei.

I don't think they look like japanese schoolgirls that much ingame, just like blue, horned blood elves. They somehow look.. too tame for an ancient alien species.

That said, I have good hopes for draenei to look somewhat similar to that art I linked before. Blizzard tends to pretty much follow Glowei's art as long as they can, and that draenei (http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...nei3-large.jpg) was created by Glowei after all.

The few exceptions were Tyrande, Thrall and Worgen females.

Thrall and Tyrande as seen in: http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag..._1280x1024.jpg

Worgen female: http://i.imgur.com/0ekia.jpg

Tyrande: stays somewhat the same, only a few minor difference such as the enchanted robe and hairstyle, and that model seemed to have been created to fit her now and in WoE. Maybe Tyrande is going to get updated too, soon -- when they feel like it - and the model she currently has may be incorrect in that case. After all, even if less accurate, it's always better than the model she had before Cataclysm, which was a basic night elf.

Thrall: Looks largely the same in the face. The difference is that he no longer wears Orgrim Doomhammer's armor. The face does somewhat look like in the Mosaic.

Worgen female: This one looks the least like in the art. Actually, the alpha female worgen model looked pretty accurate to the art, so personally, I can let it slip this one time. I can still say that Blizzard initially based their female worgen around Glowei's art at least somewhat.

Vol'jin: Vol'jin is a big indication. Vol'jin was modeled after the Battle Mosaic art of him. Period.

So in general, draenei are the biggest offenders when it comes to the rule of Blizzard at least taking Glowei's art in mind - if we ignore the atrocity called the female worgen live model!

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    i don't even think this is an issue of oversexualization. i mean, the alpha models looked appropriately wolf-y while still beeing very feminine or even pretty.
    but for some reason they decided to give them hair that just look like a pricky shrub, ears that look more like those of bats rather than wolves, and forever-growl-y mouths in an attempt to make them look more ferocious (rather than pretty).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves obviously

Deleted
    Anyways, Blood elves overall, but if we were talking about sexiest face, I would choose undead female.

Just look at her cute face :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Anyways, Blood elves overall, but if we were talking about sexiest face, I would choose undead female.
    That face is nice indeed, however female undead also have the worst face in WoW.

That's the one...
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-04-22 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    That face is nice indeed, however female undead also have the worst face in WoW.

That's the one...
    Oh disgusting... Well, every race has a few ugly face choices.

Don't say that so loud or you'll have an angry Riko on your hands. And although most of us would like to have your back... well, there'll be a lot of fecal matter being flung around.

Deleted
    Oh disgusting... Well, every race has a few ugly face choices.
    Heh that's true.

Deleted
    Whoa! This thread's still up?
    I don't see anything cute in a rotting corpse, sorry.

the face is cute, yes. but the class is ugly. IMHO cute girls have to be casters

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft characters are unique, for the genre the game is played to.

I've played a lot of other mmos and rpg games that follow this kind of theme, sword, magic, big battles and set in big magical worlds. And I got to be honest, well they all have there own element of what makes them good (or not so good), one thing warcraft does that the others doesn't is diversity in races.

In many other mmorpgs or rpgs of this kind of genre, you end up having just human races, or elf races, or just your basic varient of humans with maybe slightly less human features, but still, they don't fall far from the tree. Games like rift, warhammer, starwars, elder scrolls, they all have there own unique quality, but what they lack for me is that diversity of races wow has.
    Even games that take right from wow itself by design, like allods online, has two human races in it, and a couple of other ones.

When it comes down to unique characterization and design for races, nothing really can beat wow for choice. Sure we can't modify our chosen race to be bigger or smaller, but given the diversity of races in the game it doesn't make it feel like we're just choosing a clone of the last 50 other players.

And of course the style. Warcraft for how it stands, is VERY much a comic book themed art style. The kind of artwork you'd be use to seeing in DC and Marvel comics, you see it here, the ingame design doesn't try to make things look real, but it treats it seriously enough to give depth to the characters we play as, just like a comic book artist would give to the characters they draw, without making them completely realistic.
    And thats the charm of the characters in wow. There not designed to be real, but they have there own seriousness to them set in there own universe.

to that end, anyone who ever read comics and thought 'man wonder woman is so hot!' or 'I wish hulks purple pants would rip off too', world of warcraft fits the bill perfectly for that kind of people. And as it seems, there are more people playing mmo's who appreciate this kind of character design then they let on to, millions of them infact.

This is why i like the bulky characters like draenei, tauren and orcs, because I don't need to think serious with them in design, I can just appreciate there look the same as I did when I read x-men and the super pumped heroes in spandex flashed across the pages.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-04-22 at 07:56 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree, Trassk, and their uniqueness is one of the (many) reasons why i love draenei so much.

i gotta say though, gw2 did a pretty good job with creative and diverse races too. asuran and nord may not be all that new, but charr are, and especially sylvari. and when it comes to npc races as well (quaggans! \o/).
    even humans are different from the typical fantasy setting, in that they are the endangered species fighting for survival, most of their great civilization lying in ruins, still showing great faith in their gods, even though those have been silent for so long. most of that stuff is typically associated with elves or dwarves, while the humans are the racist upstarts, stomping all the beautiful old cities into the ground.

swtor is just... bleh. they have a good amount of races, but they all share the exact same model and animations except for some changes on head and color (even faces and hairstyles are still mostly the same). although to be fair, swtor features so many more animations, even facial ones, than other games/mmos, that creating a new 'skelleton' for 5-10 races would need a lot of work.
    still, it feels really bland and uninspired.

the best game as far as character characterization goes is TIBIA!

lol just kidding

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why whenever I see a new mmorpg or just rpg game out, I search to see what there character customization is like first. If all they can give you is the same character model with nothing really special, then I don't bother with it, kind of like how DC universal felt.
    #boycottchina

Night Elf as they are purple and the sexiest /dance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckonin View Post
    Night Elf as they are purple and the sexiest /dance
    also night elf female /nod /bravo and idle bounce animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    also night elf female /nod /bravo and idle bounce animation.
    I demand male orc, tauren and draenei to have a 'pec bounce' animation!

oh dat arnold.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I demand male orc, tauren and draenei to have a 'pec bounce' animation!

oh dat arnold.
    that would be awesome, with these for the females (except gnomes)

Last edited by the0o; 2013-04-23 at 12:13 AM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"