Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

World of Warcraft Confessions - No judging here!

So I figured we should have a confession thread - of all the lil nasty/bad/frowned upon stuff we've done in Azeroth.

Hopefully it's not against the rules - I won't mention the programs/links/etc!

I am an ex-botter. Not like a botter for honor gear or the occasional farming, but had 16 clients on my PC going at once. It was my all-in, since I was bored w/ the game. It's ridiculous the amount of botting you start to notice when you start learning about bots. Also you can bet your rival botters report the shit out of your bots, and you'd do the same right back :P And you'd all flood the AH with botted goods, under cutting each other, with the buyers egging you on.

I got caught after 3 months and it happened as I was clearing the mail. One by one the clients started getting the 'Connection Lost' screen. I got really nervous, I didn't bot on my main, but ofcourse they're all linked together. So I was waiting to see if my main, would be caught in the sweep.

And it did!

I did feel a pang of sorrow when my main got banned (it got unbanned a few days later). Well, that was my lil story, a walk on the dark side of WoW. Don't think I've ninja'd anything though. Ran alot of PUGs and as ML, but never ninja'd.

Edit PS: Oh, when I got my account back, I had like 1.3 million gold. Didn't want to risk getting banned by selling it, I simply bought out all cheap epic BoE's on the AH and gave them to my buddies - Purple Partay.
    Last edited by justjimmy; 2013-04-18 at 06:58 PM.
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

Deleted
    I confess. There is this Horde camp in Northrend, and went there once and killed all the npcs. There's a building there so climbed to the top and there there were baby taurens. And I left. I left those baby taurens alone in the cold with dead Horde all around them to the mercy of the undead nerubians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I confess. There is this Horde camp in Northrend, and went there once and killed all the npcs. There's a building there so climbed to the top and there there were baby taurens. And I left. I left those baby taurens alone in the cold with dead Horde all around them to the mercy of the undead nerubians.
    You're a cold blood killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Heh, I had to actually google baby tauren. Had no idea what they even looked like!
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ~ Skype ~ First day LFR Dragon Soul - Enter Hagara
    Apathy: Before we do this I'm going to go EoE the actual instance rq and summon everyone there
    Guild: LOL
    ~ Summons to the actual EoE instance ~ all 25 people are in it
    Malygos pops up we kill him
    Guildie gets an Azure drake
    10+ people get mad saying kick the person who ''trolled''
    Apathy: I say X random person did it kick him
    10+ people like sheep: oh ok kick him

I feel guilty? A feeling of Apathy.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-04-18 at 07:08 PM.

Back in BC when I was leveling my main in Westfall, I told a poor Warlock who was also leveling up and looking for a Deadmines group that the Deadmines were in Tirisfal Glade. He promptly tried to walk all the way up there and probably ended up quitting the game because of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Back in BC when I was leveling my main in Westfall, I told a poor Warlock who was also leveling up and looking for a Deadmines group that the Deadmines were in Tirisfal Glade. He promptly tried to walk all the way up there and probably ended up quitting the game because of me.
    Main reason we are losing subs.
    You bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Lol…I can image the pain when there's not as much quest/map available back in the day.

I confess to killing people back in TBC by summoning them high up and watch them fall off.

i leveled my druid (main and first character ) untill lvl 20 or so as feral beating them with my dagger (spellpower gear!!) until my buddy told me how to do it right but lord did that take a while to get to lvl 20 like that

I was a clicker until naxx 60. I also spammed auto-shot (clicked it over and over and over) on my first hunter for about 20 levels before i figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I confess to killing people back in TBC by summoning them high up and watch them fall off.
    *sigh* Those were the days...

I also used to summon my infernal and banish it in the AH back then so their fire aura did constant damage to folks.

I am the worst kind of player. I rolled rogue many years back just so I could camp/gank and for lack of better words make peoples online life hell. Sometimes I would feel bad, but do it anyway. Countless people forced to log off on account of some jerk rogue. Later when I grew up and decided to change my ways, I rolled a blood dk and am now back to doing the same old scumbag routine. FML

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave obvious newbies begging for gold Dark Runes and told them use it to generate an item worth about 40g. They died.

When I got my ass kicked at world pvp on my rogue, I'd go to Stormwind, Shadowstep to the bank tellers, and gank them again and again and again.

When someone was spamming trade, advertising his "secret gold making" recipe he'd written down and put in the AH for 1000g, I put up a similar piece of paper for 500g. It sold.

In Dragon Soul LFR, I regularly summoned groups to Maly's version of EoE. I don't feel bad about it though, it was the best part of DS.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *sigh* Those were the days...

I also used to summon my infernal and banish it in the AH back then so their fire aura did constant damage to folks.
    Oh yeah... that...

Damn you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to keep a level capped rogue in PVP gear parked in the Crossroads inn for the sole purpose of punishing low level Alliance who thought slaughtering questgivers on a PVE-RP server was fun. Chased one 50-something nelf huntard all the way to Ashenvale, killing him over and over, til he logged. Hey, turnabout is fair play.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

When I first started the game back in classic, I rolled a female human priest.
    One day in IF, a random rogue invited me to a group and this is how the conversation went:

Him: "Are you a hermaphrodite?"
    Me *confused*: "Um...no."
    Him: "Are you sure?"
    Me: "yes...I'm pretty sure..."
    Him: "How old are you?"
    Me: "....."
    Him: "Talk like a pirate"

At this point I realized he was asking me if I was a man playing a female toon and he wanted to get me to sex chat.

Me: "Aaaaaaaargh matey! Do ye wanta shiver me timbers?!"
    Him: "Ooh yeaa!"
    Me: "Yea, this is creepy."
    *Dropped group*
    "Ignored*

I specced into Deep Wounds in Classic WoW for the sole purpose of irritating my group.

"What the hell? Who specced into Deep Wounds?"
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

I used to use Zg claws on my rogue for the first part of Kara(sometimes the whole thing) in half guild half pug groups. When I would transform there would usually be 1 or 2 people who would be like "HOLY FUCK! How do you do that???" I would tell them you gotta run to the village south of silithus and the one north of epl and newman's landing or what ever it was called, and all these other places around Azeroth that I had explored while I was bored and there was a hidden quest that would appear in one of the places. Of course my guildies would go along with it and I actually got 1-2 people to try finding it.

I confess to having been in a top level raid guild, got decked out on my warrior then when my guild took a break till BC I joined a guild that was struggling to take down Nef so I could get an Askandi which had be eluding me for so long. However they realized I was better geared then the MT and said I had to tank till MT caught up in gear which I didnt want to do and I couldnt get Askandi till some scrub warrior got his first. Anyways I decided I would and had them make me raid leader for the raid. So after many attempted we got nef down to 5% I set master loot....so I counted down each percent and at 1% I turned him to the raid, shield walled and he shadowflamed everybody but the melee dps we downed him and what do you know? Ashkandi droped! So I took that for myself and gave out the rest of the gear to the people I liked most who else had the least DKP.

After that I was immediatly kicked from the guild and they posted on forums and in general chat and said I was black listed and they would make sure nobody would recruit me. Well as it turns out everybody who saw what I did thought it was hillarious including the top raid guild on the server who invited me to guild and let me raid.