Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Most people on this forum started playing in wrath, gonna get a lot of people looking back at that XP through the good old rose tinted glasses.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  2. #122
    TBC raids were overall poor except for Karazhan (Which I consider best raid ever) and BT (Didn't like the the story of how they kill Illidan for no real reason, but raid itself was nice) and maybe sunwell.

    SSC and TK was copy paste stuff from heroic dungeons and Grull was just poor and Magtheridon was well decent.
    Hyjal is WC3 nostalgia thing that doesn't have reason to exist, plus horrible trash

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 12:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Most people on this forum started playing in wrath, gonna get a lot of people looking back at that XP through the good old rose tinted glasses.
    This is very true.

    The "Best Xpac ever" is usually Xpac you joined in, and since more TBC people quit than Wrath people more Wrath nostalgia.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You mean (some) Heroic Dungeon that require class stacking and nobody wants to attempt because of their terrible loot to effort ratio?
    You mean spending months on gearing up and attuning alts for raids?
    You mean some of the most annoying trash packs ever in SSC with 30 mins respawn timer?
    You mean ridicoulous difficulty differences between bosses from Free Loot (Loot Reaver Akama) to straight out impossible for months like Kael thas?
    You mean 9 months of farming BT and FREAKIN MH without nothing else to do other than arena? (There were no achievments)
    You mean getting Glaives (=better SW progress) being based on nothing else then RNG?
    You mean tons of one button specs like CH Shaman and SB Lock?
    You mean Blizzard 'Bring the Player, not the Class! But don't forget to always bring 5 Shamans as many ppl as possible with Glaives and depending on the boss 5 Priests, 11 Healers or 4 Warlocks!


    That said it was my favourite expansion.
    If Blizzard would make the game like it was back then in it's initial stage 90% of ppl would quit though.
    This has got to be my favorite quote explaining how I feel about BC. Technically, it was a very flawed game, and subsequent expansions featured vast improvements, but it's still my favorite.

    Honestly though, raiding BT and Sunwell was a pretty exclusive club back then, and maybe a big part of why I love that expansion so much is because I was in that club. Had I been on the sidelines, never saw Illidan, never did Sunwell, well, I probably wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.

    Also, I played a shadow priest, so I was treated like a rock star the whole expansion even as I barely competed for 2nd to last place in DPS - with the other shadow priest.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-04-19 at 04:00 AM.

  4. #124
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,577
    I had a lot of great moments in BC and several of my favourite raids (Karazhan, Black Temple) and fights (Lady Vashj, Felmyst) where from that era... but I think the storyline of Wrath was far more epic, and that expansion also had two very epic raids (Ulduar and ICC) and many epic fights (Mimeron, Yogg, the Lich King). Even Cataclysm, arguable the weakest expansion, brought us cool fights like Sinestra and Rags 2.0, the latter of which's hardmode was called one of the most epic fights Blizzard ever designed.

    So, to answer that: yeah. I don't think BC was the pinnacle of "epic."
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Most people on this forum started playing in wrath, gonna get a lot of people looking back at that XP through the good old rose tinted glasses.
    Actually, I've noticed most people started in Vanilla and TBC, or at least that's what they've said.
    Me I started in TBC but I don't let rose tinted glasses to cloud my judgements.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    This has got to be my favorite quote explaining how I feel about BC. Technically, it was a very flawed game, and subsequent expansions featured vast improvements, but it's still my favorite.

    Honestly though, raiding BT and Sunwell was a pretty exclusive club back then, and maybe a big part of why I love that expansion so much is because I was in that club. Had I been on the sidelines, never saw Illidan, never did Sunwell, well, I probably wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.

    Also, I played a shadow priest, so I was treated like a rock star the whole expansion even as I barely competed for 2nd to last place in DPS - with the other shadow priest.
    It might be the best expansion ever is most people's eyes, but if you look back at what it had, it had what every expansion has had up to this point. If you didn't raid, there was the usual dungeon grinding for rep and gear, PvP and dailies. Exactly what there is to this day. Except now, there is a lot more you can do if you don't raid, whereas back then you sat on your ass bored out of your skull. lol.

    Most people were new to the game back then and hell, many people didn't even know what an mmo was. Everything was new, different and exciting, like any game when you first start playing, and flaws and bugs aside, people didn't care because the game was still new to them. They were happy to explore and do all the boring things that we have today. But to them, they enjoyed it. Fast forward to the present and it doesn't work that way anymore. Unless every person has their memories erased and we all start the game again with no clue what we are doing, we aren't going to capture that nostalgic feeling again. I stand by that word, even though it is overused. Because IMO, it's true.

    Many vanilla players hated BC. Many BC players hated Wrath.

  7. #127
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    Why are people trying to force their opinions on others whenever something like this comes up ?

    Seriously .. you wont change their as they wont change yours. Drop it freaking children.

    You liked Classic? Good for you.
    You didn't like Classic? Good for you.
    You liked TBC? Good for you.
    You didn't like TBC? Good for you.
    etc..

    Personally I thought TBC was fine, not great or epic, but fine. I like lvling in outland and always will. Raids were very mediocre for me.

    *PvP was as imbalanced as now but 2 less classes + nostalgia gives the idea that it was perfect or something.

    *People probably forgot resto druids and affli locks during tbc.

    My order to best to worst ? There is no worst and I wont make it because I liked em all and im not here to say this was better than that.

    Just stating my opinion addingsome facts* to it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 04:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Actually, I've noticed most people started in Vanilla and TBC, or at least that's what they've said.
    Me I started in TBC but I don't let rose tinted glasses to cloud my judgements.
    Same for me .. somehow.

    Nostalgia for me is like a big red button ( Mimiron anyone ? ). Sometimes I push it to let me enjoy old things that I want to see again. When its done , I turn it off.

    Hopefully I can manage it very well .

  8. #128
    TBC, WOLTK and MoP have been great for me. Cata was a disaster. Making 10s and 25s equal didn't bother me and was great for many GMs and officers that wanted to do less work but that change was bad for sub numbers aswell as it destroyed many realm/faction communities.

  9. #129
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,766
    Don't know, but I never really liked BC.
    Yeah, I had some great moments back then, too, but mostly because of my guild, not because the game offered something "special" for me.
    I didn't like the zones, I didn't like the raids, I didn't like the dungeons - and I didn't really like the story.
    Regarding raids, I even liked Vanilla better, which wasn't exactly the pinnacle of complex and well designed fights (Naxx is the exception here, because it simply felt epic).

    Personally, for me it's something like: Vanilla -> Wrath/MoP -> BC -> Cata
    Last edited by Pendra; 2013-04-19 at 04:35 AM.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There have been only a few moments/things in WoW that I would classify as epic and none of them were in TBC.
    I agree, BC was good for the first week while it was new. Once the shine wore off, it quickly showed itself to be the steaming pile of shat that it was. Yet that is just my opinion, I know MANY people (mostly on these forums) praise BC. That being said, I found Wrath to be the best, yes I have nostalgia about classic, remembering the fun I had leveling up, and how I got murdered during the AQ even which was epic, however I still prefer Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat it and I don't read replies because most of the time it's someone who apparently "got their feelings hurt".

  11. #131
    BC was the pinnacle of raiding. LK was the pinnacle of Lore. Cata and esp. MoP are jokes. No troll my honest opinion. Put way to many years in this game to see it turn into what it has. BC you felt epic... when you got epics. The LK storyline was amazing. To their own fault they made something so great that is hard to top.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Coming from a guy named 'peso'? You 'corporations are evil but I use a machine created by corporations to complain about corporations' guys make me giggle.
    Coming from someone that has rose-tited-goggles as their avatar I wouldn't listen to you.

    Don't judge me >.>.
    Last edited by Peso; 2013-04-19 at 04:53 AM.

  13. #133
    I love the number of times rose tinted glasses is always brought up anytime someone says they like Vanilla or TBC. No, it's not rose tinted glasses just because you didn't like it and I did. I will take my time spent in Vanilla over ANY time spent at ANY other time in the game. Was Vanilla the peak of perfection in gaming? No. But if the only reason I played a game was because of the mechanics and features, then I probably wouldn't like very many games. I enjoyed a ton of things that many of the expansions have never since given me. One of the biggest things for me is I will never prefer 25 or 10 man raids to 40 man raids. (I know, people will be like, 20 people carried the other 20 or whatever...those people NEVER killed Kel'Thuzad during Vanilla or Loatheb or Sapphiron or 4 Horseman...clearly).

    I also couldn't stand the Lich King story in Wrath. I think people just loved that they finally got to see the Lich King in game. But I honestly felt like it was a weak story. Every time you see him he runs or gets stopped by the undead or by an avalanche of rocks. But hey, he just wanted you to be a stronger champion for him! I felt it was horribly written and I honestly didn't like most of the zones. I enjoyed Icecrown and Dragonblight. I loved Ulduar. But overall, I felt the story for the expansion was very weak. The Lich King just came off as weak...not epic.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    I love the number of times rose tinted glasses is always brought up anytime someone says they like Vanilla or TBC. No, it's not rose tinted glasses just because you didn't like it and I did. I will take my time spent in Vanilla over ANY time spent at ANY other time in the game. Was Vanilla the peak of perfection in gaming? No. But if the only reason I played a game was because of the mechanics and features, then I probably wouldn't like very many games. I enjoyed a ton of things that many of the expansions have never since given me. One of the biggest things for me is I will never prefer 25 or 10 man raids to 40 man raids. (I know, people will be like, 20 people carried the other 20 or whatever...those people NEVER killed Kel'Thuzad during Vanilla or Loatheb or Sapphiron or 4 Horseman...clearly).

    I also couldn't stand the Lich King story in Wrath. I think people just loved that they finally got to see the Lich King in game. But I honestly felt like it was a weak story. Every time you see him he runs or gets stopped by the undead or by an avalanche of rocks. But hey, he just wanted you to be a stronger champion for him! I felt it was horribly written and I honestly didn't like most of the zones. I enjoyed Icecrown and Dragonblight. I loved Ulduar. But overall, I felt the story for the expansion was very weak. The Lich King just came off as weak...not epic.
    You're right.

    I liked the theme of Wrath of the Lich King going in. Not so much going out.

    One thing we can all agree on though is that World of Warcraft was or still is one of the best games ever.

  15. #135
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,801
    Depends on when you Really started to play. I mean, being a noob was fun in Vanilla and BC, but actually learning things in Wrath made for a better experience for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Beggars
    Destiny

  16. #136
    I actually thought questing zones in BC were pretty poor visually and although the quests were overall better than Vanilla they aren't as good as the questing in the expansions that followed BC. The only BC zone I really liked was shadowmoon valley... I found all the others either dull (Zangamarsh, Terokkar, Nagrand and Hellfire) or just plain ugly (Blade's edge and Netherstorm). WOTLK had the best looking questing zones but MOP isn't far behind imo.

    I loved BT, Kara and Sunwell in BC but I think throne of thunder is as "epic" as any of those.

    BC - Average zones... Some good raids
    Wotlk - Great zones... Lack of great raids (Ulduar aside).
    Cataclysm - Just meh overall.
    MOP - good zones... Good raids.

    Overall I think MOP is the best expansion (so far) but the lack of 5 man dungeons is a big disappointment. I'm maybe not enjoying MOP as much as past expansions but I think this is more down to the state of my guild than the quality of the game.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-04-19 at 05:04 AM.

  17. #137
    Bloodsail Admiral palladish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,018
    Like people have already said BC was first which is the main reason for why people like it so much. I feel it also gave a lot more sense of accomplishment because of the difficulty and attunements required you actually felt like you earned boss kills even if it was a patch or 2 later. Now days we can just go in LFR to see content which makes the normal/heroic experience not quite the same. In terms of immersion I loved Wotlk being a huge fan of WCIII made it that much better even though it was dragged out, Cata was just a joke.

    As for MoP so far it's good in terms of things to do and I did feel the immersion/enjoyed leveling but idk I guess just being able to fly around takes away from the beauty of the zone, I hope next xpac they do a burning legion one but leave flying mounts out of it or make it hard to earn

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I had a lot of great moments in BC and several of my favourite raids (Karazhan, Black Temple) and fights (Lady Vashj, Felmyst) where from that era... but I think the storyline of Wrath was far more epic, and that expansion also had two very epic raids (Ulduar and ICC) and many epic fights (Mimeron, Yogg, the Lich King). Even Cataclysm, arguable the weakest expansion, brought us cool fights like Sinestra and Rags 2.0, the latter of which's hardmode was called one of the most epic fights Blizzard ever designed.

    So, to answer that: yeah. I don't think BC was the pinnacle of "epic."
    Lots of people seem to love ICC... I found it pretty average. It isn't even close to BT, Ulduar or Throne of thunder in "epicness".

  19. #139
    Pretty much every expansion has been more epic for me than BC. The two moments I can remember having the epic feeling in BC was stepping out of the Dark Portal the first time and watching Kil'jaeden rise out of the Sunwell (and get sucked back in). I disliked most of the zones, aside from Nagrand and IQD. I disliked running BT/Hyjal countless times. WotLK/Cata/MoP were/are all more epic.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  20. #140
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...probably the ONLY epic moment in BC was the ZA trailer. Zul'jin's speech at the end gave me chills. Otherwise BC was very mediocre.

    In terms of epicness? It's hard to argue more than the Lich King, and I dont even like Wrath as much as most. Epicness meters:

    Wrath > MoP > Cataclysm > Vanilla > BC.

    Even Vanilla wins out with epic moments like entering AQ40 the first time or taking out Nefarian.
    love how u put classic near last when it was new everything in classic was epic, in your opinion cata is better than classic and bc bullcrap i smell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •