Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary caster meta broken

Theres a thread about it on shammy forums but seems like its bugged for all classes atm. Looks like the coefficients werent placed and classes that should have the highest proc rate are getting way lower uptime than they should. mmo-champion.com/threads/1286542-Ele-Legendary-Meta-Gem/

Boomkins experiencing the same problem?

No idea, only received it a couple hours ago, luckily I didn't manage to use it yet. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough, from my small anecdotal samples I've been getting a lot less procs than I would have thought on my boomkin. Instead of the 40-44% uptime purported by WrathCalcs (and WrathCalcs is deriving this from a Blizzard-supplied formula), I'm seeing 20-25% on average, which would agree with an uptime not including the 1.872 boomkin modifier.

I was actually wondering if anyone else was experiencing that as well - I asked Xtra, but I don't think he's gone through his logs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Funny enough, from my small anecdotal samples I've been getting a lot less procs than I would have thought on my boomkin. Instead of the 40-44% uptime purported by WrathCalcs (and WrathCalcs is deriving this from a Blizzard-supplied formula), I'm seeing 20-25% on average, which would agree with an uptime not including the 1.872 boomkin modifier.

I was actually wondering if anyone else was experiencing that as well - I asked Xtra, but I don't think he's gone through his logs yet.
    Yup, I have 23-26% uptime on all my logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Yup, I have 23-26% uptime on all my logs.
    Me too...I had a 40% uptime kill this ID, but thats rng, isn't it? Average 23%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Me too...I had a 40% uptime kill this ID, but thats rng, isn't it? Average 23%
    I think the highest uptime I saw was 32% on Twin Consorts, but that was the absolute highest. Lowest was 18% on H Jin'rokh. It's random, but it should be random about the 40% mark, not 23%.

Ele here =)

If you guys have logs, post them in the bug report thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110540

Unfortunately due to the nature of our hypothesis (ie. the coefficient is not functioning properly), the vast majority of specs in the game are seeing an immense benefit from this bug. That means we're not going to get a lot of support from the highest pop classes (mage/warlock). I feel that the data we have is quite strong, BUT the more we have hopefully the faster Blizzard will act.

Cheers!

I think the highest uptime I saw was 32% on Twin Consorts, but that was the absolute highest. Lowest was 18% on H Jin'rokh. It's random, but it should be random about the 40% mark, not 23%.
    Of course, not disagreeing

The highest I saw was a 43% uptime on Durumu I guess!

Just head over to the mage forum... all three specs see the same proc rate, even though frost should get about 4 times as many as fire.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-04-18 at 11:06 PM.

Please post your World of Logs to my thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110540. The sooner we can get this fixed the better and the more information we can supply the better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Please post your World of Logs to my thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110540. The sooner we can get this fixed the better and the more information we can supply the better. Thanks.
    All the legendary Metagems were broken, they were fixed today. Rune of Reorigination was broken too and is still broken.

Deleted
    Its not fixed -.-
    Last edited by mmoca3e084211b; 2013-04-19 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    22.6% uptime on all bosses together from wed raid.

My results for this week's clear are as follows, all bosses on heroic and some differences (Primordius, Lei Shen) are understandable due to boss mechanics. I don't dps every boss so some are missing:

27.6% on Jin'rokh, 27.5% on Horridon, 17.9% on Ji-kun, 20.1% on Durumu, 32.1% on Primordius, 30.4% on Dark Animus and 19.2% on Lei Shen.

It averages to 25% which is pretty much what I should see given the boss mechanics, if I have been using the right formula, which is Proc_duration/(60s / (0.5(1.872*RPPM)*(1+haste))) which spits out ~45 seconds between procs and a 22% uptime for me. I can't see what would be wrong with the meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my phone atm so struggling a bit. Checked wol from last nights wipes in gf council. Around 25 pulls some very short. But was shocked to see meta uptime at 11.7% if I read it right. Will check at home later on other logs and post my findings.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    It averages to 25% which is pretty much what I should see given the boss mechanics, if I have been using the right formula, which is Proc_duration/(60s / (0.5(1.872*RPPM)*(1+haste))) which spits out ~45 seconds between procs and a 22% uptime for me. I can't see what would be wrong with the meta.
    No, that's not the right formula. Time between procs is 60s/(RPPM*(1+haste)), so uptime is duration/(60s/(RPPM*(1+haste)). For an even easier formula, uptime is duration*RPPM*(1+haste)/60s.

1.872 is our RPPM, and it shouldn't be surprising that the time between two procs is 1 minute divided by the procs you get per minute(on average).

In other words, your uptime should be almost double what you get.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-04-19 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post20873160

Welcome to 5 days ago. -.- Apparently, Blizzard didnt even comment on the issue yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going back through more logs I've seeing even worse results, from as little as 9.6% uptime..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's not the right formula. Time between procs is 60s/(RPPM*(1+haste)), so uptime is duration/(60s/(RPPM*(1+haste)).

1.872 is our RPPM, and it shouldn't be surprising that the time between two procs is 1 minute divided by the procs you get per minute(on average).

In other words, your uptime should be almost double what you get.
    But... but...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Average time between procs is way simpler than that. Just 60s / (0.5(RPPM)*(1+haste)).
    Is this something I just took out of its context without knowing what I am doing?

Regarding the RPPM, a comment on wowhead with sources claims that 1.872 is a multiplier to the base RPPM (1.18) set to the trinket. Unfortunately the sources are unavailable nowadays as Blizzard has cleared the old PTR forums and their posts. Has there been a change to this that I've overlooked? Or have I misinterpreted the meaning?

That was for UVLS. UVLS has a special modifier for Balance that was at 0.5 at the time.

GC himself clarified that the 1.872 is the RPPM for Balance, not 1.18*1.872.