Computer stuck in sleep

Hello. When left inactive for 30 minutes, my computer goes into sleep mode, which is normal, but it does not awake like it normally should. When it rarely does, the screen only takes up about 1/3 of the monitor (a horizontal strip) and it is tinted blue. I had this issue a few months ago as well, and it stopped happening for a while, but recently it has started again. The only way to awake it is to turn it off manually. Anyone know how to help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it is tired, maybe you should get it some caffeine. I know there were certain graphics drivers recently that actually had an issue with the power codes written into them. Basically when the computer went to sleep and the power consumption went down, the drivers screwed up and the computer couldn't wake up without a manual reboot. Now, I know that was a laptop problem, but could be associated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I'm using a desktop. And the graphics driver thing is very believable.. If I update again, it should fix it? I updated a few weeks ago when I was first having the problem and it didn't seem to work immediately

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 11:57 PM ----------

Yeah, I already have the latest version. Radeon HD 5700 btw.

Open command prompt with administrator rights and type in:
    powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    reboot and open prompt and type in:
    powercfg.exe /hibernate on
    and reboot again.

That should clear any possible disc corruption plaguing the sleep/hibernate system of Windows. No clue if it works, but it's relatively easy thing to try.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    You could also not let it sleep and just keep it on all the time.

But that's a personal choice and more of a quickfix.