Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    easiest way to understand if ''that'' hunter is good or bad:

ask him to use stampede. if his pets get the aggro, kick him from the group / raid. simple solution!

sign: a hunter.

Seen way too many hunters pulling shit before the tank is ready, just cuz you can MD doesn't mean u should be pulling... That's what comes to my mind when i think of "huntard" that is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people that hate the class either don't play the class or just hate them because everyone else does.

To quote a very wise hunter: "Hunters are easy to play, but hard to master."

I have played every class in WoW to end game since vanilla and without a doubt Hunters are the hardest to master at least from a PvP stand point, we are on par with most other class in terms of PvE complexity. Except of course we have to deal with more bugs than all the other classes combined. Its funny that you always get the Huntard people claiming that Hunters are eazymode HAXOR faceroll class, etc. The only class that I would say since vanilla that has been pretty faceroll and always viable has been Mages. Even when they had mana issues back in classic they where still a cake walk compared to warlocks or other casters.

Now it is true that hunters as a class attract a lot of newbies or bad players. I however have had more bad experiences with DunceKnights then I've had with Hunters by a large margin. Also you have to keep in mind that Hunters, don't quote me on this, hold the lion's share of the player population.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    easiest way to understand if ''that'' hunter is good or bad:

ask him to use stampede. if his pets get the aggro, kick him from the group / raid. simple solution!

sign: a hunter.
    That's not exactly fair, stampede is prone to bugs. I've had all my pets growl turned off and used stampede and it stilled aggro'd .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Where is this great hunter gear? We have like 2 good tier sets and the rest is blegh. I have to transmog shaman gear.

Other classes dont have great gear these days very often either but they seem to have more sets that look good to me than hunter sets. Maybe if they could get off the "insert animal here"-stalker theme that has been used way too much, and made a set that looks like something an archer would wear, we could get a good new set.

As far as people not liking hunters its probably because of thinking its an easy class to play. People also dont like hunter pets because they do stupid stuff. I would give up my pet in any group content as long as DPS didnt suffer.
    Slightly Off-Topic, there are those WotLK pvp armors that look like a High Elven ranger armor-set. Colouration is: Blue with gold trimmings, Green with pink-grey trimmings, and Red with grey trimmings.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    Sometimes you can do good and get hated anyway. Got kicked form LFR last time cos i MD the tank and when someone ninja pulled the boss they blamed me
    Thats why I never MD or attack anything in those situations until everyone else is already attacking. I MD every pull its off CD otherwise. There really is no reason to save a dumb player in lfr that pulls in front of the tank. Better to let him die or wipe than spend another hour in the queue after being kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Slightly Off-Topic, there are those WotLK pvp armors that look like a High Elven ranger armor-set. Colouration is: Blue with gold trimmings, Green with pink-grey trimmings, and Red with grey trimmings.
    The hood is interesting but I dont show helm. Also if you do, the neck is cut low on my toon and the hood is wrapped around the neck so it looks bad. Those armors also look more like plate to me than what I would expect an archer to wear which is leather or chain mail. Something like what the dark rangers in the game wear. Also note the hood looks much better.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-19 at 08:08 PM.