Deleted

[Elemental] Berserking racial - best use?

Hey, I just race changed to Troll and since I'm really familiar with the Berserking racial as Elemental, I just wanted to ask you how and when the best possible moment is, to use it. I'm a 519 ilvl, 4pc with legendary meta ToT heroic raider.

Do you use it right at the start of a fight?
    Do you wait until heroism/BL drops off, and then use it?
    Is it useful to macro berserking to something else, lets say Asc?
    Any other tips you could give me as fresh horde/troll elemental shaman in ToT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Hey, I just race changed to Troll and since I'm really familiar with the Berserking racial as Elemental, I just wanted to ask you how and when the best possible moment is, to use it. I'm a 519 ilvl, 4pc with legendary meta ToT heroic raider.

Do you use it right at the start of a fight?
    Do you wait until heroism/BL drops off, and then use it?
    Is it useful to macro berserking to something else, lets say Asc?
    Any other tips you could give me as fresh horde/troll elemental shaman in ToT?
    Depends on the fight.
    I usually don't wait.
    I have Berserking macroed to Ascendance. Since both are on 3 min cd and Berserking is off gcd they will always be up in time to use each other again.
    Other than that I don't really have any tips as I am not an Ele Shaman.

At lower gear levels, you can simply macro it in with ascendance and you'll be ok. Later on, if/when you obtain the legendary meta, I would look into decoupling it from ascendance then using it right after BL fades or at a different time when you need the burst.

Disclaimer: I do not have any math handy to prove my point. I'm pretty much armchair theorycrafting...something like that. Even if you reforged out of haste into crit/mastery at higher gear levels, you'll still have enough haste that the decoupling I mention should come out as better for your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    At lower gear levels, you can simply macro it in with ascendance and you'll be ok. Later on, if/when you obtain the legendary meta, I would look into decoupling it from ascendance then using it right after BL fades or at a different time when you need the burst.

Disclaimer: I do not have any math handy to prove my point. I'm pretty much armchair theorycrafting...something like that. Even if you reforged out of haste into crit/mastery at higher gear levels, you'll still have enough haste that the decoupling I mention should come out as better for your dps.
    I'm curious as to the math behind this?

Past theory crafting has always supported using CDs during times of increased damage (aka Ascendance being active). I'm guessing you're suggesting by coupling it with ascendance, if you don't use ascendance on CD you are potentially losing capacitance procs and thus meta damage? Interesting conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    I'm curious as to the math behind this?

Past theory crafting has always supported using CDs during times of increased damage (aka Ascendance being active). I'm guessing you're suggesting by coupling it with ascendance, if you don't use ascendance on CD you are potentially losing capacitance procs and thus meta damage? Interesting conundrum.
    OP is talking about Elemental, not Enhance (i am assuming you thought this was about enhance based on mentioning capacitance procs). Elemental is already under the 1 sec GCD for spamming Lava Burst during Ascendance with Lust, Trinket Proc, Meta Proc, etc etc, thus making Berserking bad to macro into Ascendance since the added haste wont get you any more Lava Burst casts.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-04-24 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    I tend to use mine on second ascendance if we bl in start, as with 4p it goes down to 2 minutes cooldown instead of 3. I ofcourse make sure not to have my meta gem procced during that time. 99% of the time i can keep my lava burst at 1 second cast for the full ascendance this way. Not sure if this is the best dps option though as you could probably fit in an extra berserking if you used it close to start.

Would like to see if there's any math of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    I tend to use mine on second ascendance if we bl in start, as with 4p it goes down to 2 minutes cooldown instead of 3...
    Would it not be better to use Berserking after Bloodlust wears off (~45 seconds into the fight) and then again on your 3rd Ascendance around minute #4? This way you hopefully will not not be GCD capped unless another haste proc occurs during that time period. This also means you will not be sitting on Berserking for nearly as long and it lines up rather well with your 3rd ascendance. However, with our uptime on the legendary gem, it is almost bound to happen during half of your CDs with a near 50% uptime (~47% IIRC?).

Has anyone else been able to reliably get Ascendance down to less than a 2 minute CD? With a hit > int > mastery > haste > crit reforge and gearing strategy, I have noticed that Spiritwalker's Grace is usually a handful of seconds behind my Ascendance coming off of cooldown.

Deleted
    I can still use my berserking for the #4th ascendance also, do you mean the 3rd?

You can most likely get 1 more berserking off during the fight, but not always with the same amount of ascendances. I have no idea what's best. I wonder if it's not better to use it right before refreshing flame shock to get an extra tick, even though flameshock is a weak dot.