Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So what are everyone's expectations for 5.3?

Ok, cough it up, what is everyone looking forward to in patch 5.3? Any hopes? Desires? Wants? Bring back Burning crusade,What? I know we should; make it better than ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that the transition out of Pandaria is worth it.

Well, it doesn't look like there will be much more added. So far we have 4 scenarios, 1 battleground, 1 area, and Barrens turned into a battlefield.
    Along with that we have a few more ranks added for Brawler's Guild.
    Am I missing anything else big?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much tbh.

From what I can tell, 5.3 will be one of these 'do it once and its interesting, and then quickly becomes repetitive' scenarios.

I know most patches have this, but you'd think by now blizzard would learn, what draws people back into the game with patches is having something to work towards, instead of just putting on an extra layer of icing to a cake they already baked.
    #boycottchina

Yeah... the design team that left after burning crussade really hurt blizzard with content. There are all off making Guild Wars 2 and Rift! Hopefully blizzard wakes up... because Elder Scrolls is visually pleasing.

I expect to play it and enjoy it as I have most every other patch.

Quote Originally Posted by msmone123 View Post
    Burning crusade!
    Why are you keep saying burning crusade in all your posts? O-o

The good ole' days! That's why! Vanilla was so much fun! I'm waiting for blizzard to get their act together and rethink what was the best exp.

The good ole' days! That's why! Vanilla was so much fun! I'm waiting for blizzard to get their act together and rethink what was the best exp.
    But you made this thread to discuss 5.3 which has nothing to do with TBC. Why not make a separate thread for that?

Kill Garrosh, oh and shut down outland for good. No more skittles troll.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could have one thing implemented into the game, it would be a ban on premades. No longer are people able to queue as groups of more than 3.
    8/10 of my random BGs today have been against premades, and 6 of those 8 were different Tichondrius groups.

Yeah... the design team that left after burning crussade really hurt blizzard with content. There are all off making Guild Wars 2 and Rift! Hopefully blizzard wakes up... because Elder Scrolls is visually pleasing.
    Because Ogri'la and Skyguard in TBC were examples of great patch content...

"Word toward" != "Grind toward"

Way things are going now. Alliance story could use a little bit of work but seems okay for me for the most part tbh.

hey im on tich. i cant help we win and everyone on alliance are pvper's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly better pvp balance, some PVE crap Ill never do. It's a mid tier patch, not much to look for.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Okay... Vanilla was so good... enlighten me, as a progression-level raider during Classic, that wasn't fun, that was a second job.

Rep to grind: Through endless killing of mobs to collect token items to turn in for pitiful amounts of rep your eyes wanted to bleed.
    Consumables for raids: You had to be bringing at minimum 3-4 elixirs and 2-3 potions (and I mean 20 stacks), along with the 39 others in your raid, along with any other guild raiding on your server. Resource farming SUCKED. Cause back then, buff elixirs stacked, and potions just had a 1min CD, not a 1min CD per fight. Oh, and I was a Hunter, so add crafting ammo onto that list too.
    Raid schedule: 6 nights a week, 4hrs a night. That IS a part-time job at that point. That is also what it meant to be on the front-line of progression (never paid attention to world first or anything back then, but we were one of the 3 leading guilds all through Classic, only ones to even kill Four Horsemen prior to Patch 2.0 on Dalaran-US).
    Time commitment: 24hrs a week just in raiding, add in another 6+ total in farming materials for consumables... so we are at say 30hrs a week. On top of having an actual job.

Tell me what part of that was fun? I may have dedicated the time to it back then, but looking back, that was a WASTE of time to spend so much on. Oh, also, back then, we got what... 4 total raid tiers (MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx), over 2.5 years. Now we got 3rd tier slated to be out within 1 year of expansion launch. Back in the day, you had a hell of a lot more to do, only because it took that much more time to do ANYTHING. I'll take this day and age anytime over back then.

OT: I am looking forward to it. More story (I do play Horde, so a bit more focus there), some new daily stuff, the Brawler's Guild that I really need to get back into doing gets more content... upgrading my LFR gear some... that is about it, and overall, pretty happy for it, since it will be about 2-3 months since 5.2 dropped, not expecting a ton. Oh, and Heroic Scenarios. Those will be fun times.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doombringer View Post
    because ogri'la and skyguard in tbc were examples of great patch content...

"word toward" != "grind toward"
    i love my sperm mount!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty gear. Lore.

Hordebreaker title. Brawler guild stuff.

Mmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grind dailys and then realise i'm not enjoying myself but carry on playing nonetheless.