Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Rebuttal to Vol'jin 5.3 Spoilers

Will get screens up later, but in this latest ptr patch, they added the Alliance rebuttal to Vol'jin's bluff on the ptr.

Will get screens up later if I have the time, but here's how the conversation goes.

The Alliance player is sent to Vol'jin, to offer aid so that the Rebellion can keep going and spill more orc blood.

Player: "Why should we help you? What if we kept the barrens supplies for ourselves?"

Vol'jin cackles, the stench of his hot breath reeking in your nostrils. "Oh, ya got anudda plan? I got anudda plan, too. I let ya siege Orgrimmar on ya own. See how far ya get. An' once da city be filled wit' corpses, den me shadow hunters come in, we mop up what left, kill Kor'kron an 'Alliance alike. Give ya dead to Sylvannas. Hmm! I save a lot a Darkspear lives wit 'dis plan! Mmmn? You don't like? Then we stay wit' da first plan. We work together. We don't even have ta like each other.

Player: [CAll his bluff] Why don't WE wait until YOU attack orgrimmar, and then mop up YOUR dead?

Vol'jin sees his opportunity slipping away. He holds up his hands. "Wait now, <race>! Orgrimmar be a fortress. My people, we aint gonna crack dat nut on our own. How long we gonna last out here? Days? Weeks? Vol'jin can't say. You keep da supplies comin', an' I promise, more Kor'kron gonna die. Before ya treoops even land! The blood bein' spilt ain't even ya own! Surely dat be worth a few crates of meat?

I'll get some screens up later after raid tonight.

Good to hear that Vol'Jin isn't quite as douchey and ego-centric as he came off in his initial statement. Glad Blizz took note of the complaints or at least had this already in mind.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

15+ Year Old Account
    He knows how to grovel. Rebel pride!

Good to remind him that he needs us more than we need him. A little sad that people had to remind blizzard but oh well.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Good to remind him that he needs us more than we need him. A little sad that people had to remind blizzard but oh well.
    I think this quote quite possibly best sums up Blizzard as a whole company ever since Cataclysm launched in 2010...

Oh. So the Alliance is perfectly happy to let Garrosh crush the Rebellion and then have the Alliance engage in a brutal siege warfare that may or may not be victory thanks to Garrosh's dinner bell?

People find the dumbest things to whine about and usually makes it worse.

More likely people can't recognize sarcasm, and added that to satisfy people who actually thought Vol'jin was being serious when he included things like giving the dead to Sylvanas...

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    More likely people can't recognize sarcasm, and added that to satisfy people who actually thought Vol'jin was being serious when he included things like giving the dead to Sylvanas...
    Well this is disappointing, but I wont believe it until I see it.

stop bullying vol'jin! he's under major stress, you know? leading a revolution and shit.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Most people went ape-shit in the other thread about this because they couldn't understand what Vol'jin was saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking big and then backing out...typical Vol'jin.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

ROFL they gave Vol'jin shit breath XD

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still not entirely sure why people weren't able to grasp Vol'jin's sarcastic jab. Seeing as how immediately at the end of it he says " You don't like? Then we stay wit' da first plan. We work together. We don't even have ta like each other."

Perhaps those people are just incapable of reading his words as anything more than individual words when they should read his whole sentence, match it to his character and easily realize that he's making sly remark to drive home his point. This "calling bluff" option is completely unnecessary and frankly... I think his reaction to it is further from his character than the one people complained about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much more diplomatic and reasonable. I like this version much better, this way we really make a pact to help both our sides get an easier victory.

Still apprehensive about how this whole assault on Org. is going to end on a high for the Alliance, tbh. Garrosh is unlikely to fall by our hand, and we're also unlikely to do more then just hand Org. back to rebel Horde, so I seriously, seriously hope that our fist pumping moment is not just the Alliance getting the chance to siege Org. and watch the Horde do all the actually important bits, and get all the canon glory, while we basically get nothing from the whole ordeal, but a crater where Theramore used to be.

Horde get to be rebels, cleaning up their faction, while the Alliance only get to be the enablers of the Horde rebel's big moment of finishing Garrosh. That's not a fist pumping moment, at all. I hope Blizz takes the drama surrounding this particular quest to heart when designing the particulars around the siege of Orgrimmar and makes sure there's sufficient actual fist pumping to do for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    ROFL they gave Vol'jin shit breath XD
    trolls have had bad breath since vanilla:

"Strong halitosis be but one of my feminine traits."
    "I like my women dumpy and droopy with halitosis."
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

why was vol'jin an asshole in the first place? why would he just be mean to people that could save his people from dieing? is he stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    why was vol'jin an asshole in the first place? why would he just be mean to people that could save his people from dieing? is he stupid?
    Because they were talking about taking control over Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    They're still enemies, tensions are a high and they both know that they need each other.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Talking big and then backing out...typical Vol'jin.
    typical bad writing* Fix'd

On topic, this is more like a slap in the face more than anything. Sure it shows Vol'jin's true more peacefulcentric side, however it just makes him look like a weak beggar and will probably give alliance players giant egos about him needing them than they need him.

I enjoy the Vol'jin that has the balls to say what needs to be said to shut people up and get them in line. It makes him seem more like a drill sergeant that's only being a giant ass because it's his job to whip soldiers into shape.

Then again, like I said, what more can I expect from Blizzard's writing department when they have Alliance fanboy's nipping at their heels over a "horde-focused story" (LOL).
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

First Ji Firepaw, now this? Blizzard really needs to stop caving in to whining ninnies and trolls.