Poll: How will talents be handled?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, ??

Currently the talents are flowing in the above pattern, but what will we do for the next expansion? Will they add another tier at the new level cap, or simply keep it the same to stop the rising number of spells we're attaining? Perhaps, they will do the ENTIRE THING over again? Anyone have any clues/theories/ or hopes for how talents will be handled next expansion?

Edit: Personally, I would like to see a new tier of talents, but I would not be surprised if Blizzard did not add anything to the system.
    Last edited by PvPisthelifeforme; 2013-04-19 at 02:11 AM.

have you ever taken a good look at DK talents?

56, 57, 58, 60, 75, 90

maybe they'll just do it like this:

15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 95/100
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If they're happy with the way it is right now they might just keep the same overall system but change the individual talents just to have something new. If they don't like it though the whole system will be revamped.

Yeah, as checking facts said I would imagine they would just tack the next talent tier at whatever the lvl cap is. With the current talent tiers less than an expansion old I can't see them redoing them again... and I also can't see them getting away with not adding a new tier of them. So many people would complain (like they don't complain enough already....)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a talent revamp is coming to be quite honest, especially if the expansion ends on a sour note (net subscriber loss).

To that I would say they'd probably shoot to add some more depth, or at least feeling of meaning and growth to talent acquisition and use.

Quote Originally Posted by SooFaded View Post
    If they're happy with the way it is right now they might just keep the same overall system but change the individual talents just to have something new. If they don't like it though the whole system will be revamped.
    They'll probably add one for the next level cap so 95/100. And perhaps add a fourth choice to each tier? Idk, there isnt much expansion they can do to the system as is.

The last 4 times we've revamped the talents it hasn't worked.... Let's do it again!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep the current talent system and they can just add tier 7/8 for lvl 95/100
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Dont be surprised to see the whole thing change again in the next xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I think a talent revamp is coming to be quite honest, especially if the expansion ends on a sour note (net subscriber loss).

To that I would say they'd probably shoot to add some more depth, or at least feeling of meaning and growth to talent acquisition and use.
    I'd love to see a return to going to trainers to train - it helped me see what I learned and my spells got more powerful, and I'd like to see spell ranks back, too. Unofrtunately I can't think of a good way to do talent trees, but I miss them. Did I follow the "right" trees? Yeah, I did, but I enjoyed getting to put that talent in every level and seeing that little change that meant I was a bit stronger each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    ^This, Expect 95 for next expansion cap and 100 for the one after that. Stretching it out means more time to work on whatever 'reroll' ideas they may have lurking inside Blizzard HQ and do their work on 'Titan.'

#FlightIsImportant

I wouldn't be too shocked if they redo the system again. Honestly this system is kind of dumb, it makes leveling even worse when you don't get new talents every level. That being said, they won't go back to the old system, so I'm not too sure what they'd do.

Odds are good though that they'll just add a 7th tier for level 95 and call it a day, that would be the easiest solution.

Honestly, I think they will keep the same system but just change when you get talents for it to work for 95/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Yeah, as checking facts said I would imagine they would just tack the next talent tier at whatever the lvl cap is. With the current talent tiers less than an expansion old I can't see them redoing them again... and I also can't see them getting away with not adding a new tier of them. So many people would complain (like they don't complain enough already....)
    Right, because there wasn't a talent revamp in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    have you ever taken a good look at DK talents?

56, 57, 58, 60, 75, 90

I agree with this, and it's most likely possible.

Also, I hope with all my being they keep the current talent/spell system. I think both are the best they've been... well, ever.

Revamp. Talents were supposed to be equal, but some are still better than others in certain situations.

Warlock T6 is an excellent example.

Archimonde = Patchwerk style fight

Kil'jaeden = Mimiron style fight

Mannoroth = XT trash pull
    Last edited by muto; 2013-04-19 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    The last 4 times we've revamped the talents it hasn't worked.... Let's do it again!
    Well they need to, really. They need every bullet on the box that they can possibly scrape up.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I really don't want a revamp. I love the new talent system. The old one was pretty terrible. You would just put points into talent trees. There was no real choice because everyone picked the same talents anyway, and if you didn't use the optimal talent set up, you were considered sub par.

The new system actually gives you choices. Just add another tier for max level and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably revamp the talent system again. I don't feel like they'd do it because the system needs balancing but just because it's something new and different for players.

I personally like the current talent system, but I'd still bet on it being revamped for the sake of being revamped (not saying that's a bad or good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love to see a return to going to trainers to train - it helped me see what I learned and my spells got more powerful, and I'd like to see spell ranks back, too. Unofrtunately I can't think of a good way to do talent trees, but I miss them. Did I follow the "right" trees? Yeah, I did, but I enjoyed getting to put that talent in every level and seeing that little change that meant I was a bit stronger each time.
    In its old incarnation the talent system lacked diversity when it came to the actual build. Sure you had a lot of talents, but you didn't have a lot to chose from if you were doing serious raiding or pvp. And they weren't very exciting either; "woo, my corruption is now 4%/7%/10% more powerful than before!" or "Yay I got that 10% SP buff that makes the difference between if I get benched for the ele shaman or not!" At least with the talents now some are better than others but most have situational utility.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki