Poll: What login screen do you like the most?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favorite Log-In Screen!

Which of these did you enjoy the most?

~Classic~

~Burning Crusade~

~Wrath of the Lich King~

~Cataclysm~

~Mists of Pandaria~

I am stuck between the Burning Crusade & Classic, I would like to say it is because the Dark Portal looks badass, but it is probably me leaning towards nostalgia! I would rank them based off looks...

BC > Classic > Cata > Wotlk > MoP. What about you?

I'd say Classic, then BC, then Mists, then Cata, then Wrath.

as an expansion, BC sucked.

but I must admit BC's login screen was the best ever made!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If they kept the wotlk one like it was in the beta and didn't add sindragosa it would have been the best

On my current computer, the wotlk login.
    my old one, that one gave me exactly 9 fps, so i'll give it to the good ol bc login screen.

edit: by the way, i've always wondered, is the vanilla and bc login screen both the dark portal? they look different (one has a dragon, one has a serpent, green glow etc) and i was just curious.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC, MoP, Wrath, Vanilla and then Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    as an expansion, BC sucked.
    but I must admit BC's login screen was the best ever made!

BLASPHEMER!
    BC was fantastic, sure it had its problems, but it certainly did not suck.

Favorite login screen though is WOTLK (without the sound of course)

I kind of like them all. The only thing I didn't like about the Wrath log-in is that it made my computer run hotter than an overstuffed Dalaran just after an Algalon turn in, for some reason.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like all of them, though I think BC is slightly ahead of the rest, with MoP right behind.Wrath wasnt so bad, was fun racing the dragon's roar.

Vanilla and BC have the most boring and WotLK isn't too far in front. Cata was ok and Mists wins by default

BC > Wrath > Vanilla > MoP > Cataclysm

Stop making me nostalgic!

I started in BC and that login screen brings back a lot of memories. Best one hands down.

WOTLK honorable mention.

Wrath>MoP>Vanilla=TBC=Cata. That's how I would rank the log-in screens.

Vanilla, TBC, MoP and Definitely WOTLK. I Loved the original Cataclysm log in screen they showed at Blizzcon...The one with Deathwing is just...Overzied I should say. Sort of BAM over magnafied. If they would sort of re-angle it to look your entering SW and had finer features with Deathwing just breathing and staring at you and letting out a ferocious roar with crumbling rock and bridge pieces falling into water would have been awesome.
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2013-04-19 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always loved the classic log-in screen the most, the music and the portal into another world was spot on.
    TBC is a close second, but that's mostly because it's very similar, just more flashy. I also didn't really enjoy TBC all that much, so that's probably why I don't like that log-in screen as much.

WotLK one was also great, really liked the music and the coloring. Had no issue with volume on the dragon like sooo many others did.

Hated the cata one, and the MoP one is kinda lame as well.

If i could change it to any one I'd like, it would be the classic one for sure.

the wotlk login screen actually made me change my password to something shorter just to be able to type it before Sindragosa landed. The roar was rather annoying for the hundredth time. Saying that though it was quite disappointing that deathwing was rather muted in the cata login screen. I thought the previewed cata login screen (another portal) looked better than the DW on SW one.

One key aspect of the login screens that is missing from seeing screenshots alone is the accompanying music. Thats why my vote goes for classic.

Interesting vid for those interested (BlizzCon 2010):
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-04-19 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    topic: wotlk screen is stupid as for the rest I don't really have a fav.

Cerealiously guys how can you pick wotlk. That was the most annoying thing ever and they realized it which is why there wasn't and won't be another login screen with more than minimal sound effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    edit: by the way, i've always wondered, is the vanilla and bc login screen both the dark portal? they look different (one has a dragon, one has a serpent, green glow etc) and i was just curious.
    Might be the different sides of the gate i.e. one shows the view from outland to azeroth and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post

Classic is the Dark Portal in Azeroth, and Burning Crusade is the other side of the Dark Portal in Outland.

Wrath was terrible just because of the screaming dragon just showing ICC would have been fine.
    Cata just reminds you how bad a character Deathwing is.
    MoP is kind of boring and 2D.
    Classic I didnt play. Also classic wasnt even about the portal.

TBC wins. Great animation. Represents the expansion. No annoying dragons.