preparing to tank challenge modes.....advice

I have finally gotten a group together and will be starting challenge modes this week.

How many of each flasks/pots should I stock up on, and also are there any credible guides to read up on, about each dungeon?

thank you in advance.

Going for what, Gold? Bronze? Makes a huge difference in how you approach them.

When we started, we eeked out bronzes with a wipe or 3 in the zone, learning the fastest way. You can stumble yourself to bronze pretty easily. No pots needed. I used a STR flask always (or the 500 all stats flask is prob better).
    When we got golds, it was a bit more work, with far less room for error. You WILL need invisibility pots for 7 of the 9 dungeons, so a few stacks would be a good idea. Your comp will dictate some strategies, but there is a large compendium thread on CMs in the R&D forum.

Have your healer get the Klaxxi water (Restorative Amber), as it makes downtime much faster.

Strongly suggest running HA in all dungeons, as the DPS from it is substantial and the guaranteed uptime on ShotR makes it a mean CD for the trash. After all, CMs are all about the trash.

Also, pick up the following from rare mobs:
    1) Rod of Ambershaping - Ski'thik in Kun Lai. 60 sec hard CC (hunter trap) on 5m CD. Recommend that ALL members have, as it makes skipping packs a breeze.
    2) Battle Horn - Blackhorn in Valley of 4 winds. As a tank, this comes in super handy for pulling large rooms (like monkey room in SSB, and the room by Hoptallus)

Go check the R&D forums for your walkthroughs, and I'll be happy to answer any specific questions after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

GOLDS!!

thanks for the info..

also since they are heroic bosses and not raid bosses, is their a website
    (askmr robot?) that can tell me how to reforge so what stats I have will be as optimal as possible when reduced down to 463?

I know I can loose some hit/exp and maybe grab some more haste in the process.

CM Bosses are level 93 like raid bosses, hit/exp are not scaled down.

Correct, hit and expertise ratings are preserved, while the other values of your secondaries will be scaled down to compensate.

For this reason, Engi helms and Ghost Iron Dragonling are both good items to use, since the gems aren't scaled down.

I'd run 7.5/7.5 Hit/Exp if I had to do it again, just to find more haste/mastery to use, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Reroll blood DK ^^. Jk. Best advice would be to take it slow for a few runs while you learn the lay of the runs. Dictate where, when, and why you want to use CDs, both offensive and defensive. Blinding light glyph is great for trash packs, but it's short. Not sure what your comp is, but it's nice utility.

Trash is the challenge mode. Don't underestimate it or miss an kicks on anything. and lots of greater invis pots.

Some casters do spells that can one shot the entire group or tank. Hello bonecasters

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Trash is the challenge mode. Don't underestimate it or miss an kicks on anything. and lots of greater invis pots.

Some casters do spells that can one shot the entire group or tank. Hello bonecasters
    Also say hi to purifiers.