Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this raid comp making content hard?

So I been having a thought lately, that my comp is a huge issue with how well we do in content.

Frost/Unholy DK
    Frost/Unholy DK
    Shadow Priest
    Survival/BM Hunter
    Fury Warr

MW Monk
    Restro Shaman
    Restro Druid

Prot Warr
    Blood DK

Thoughts?

Too much melee, yar!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a little melee heavy and you didn't list any hybrid OS, but you should be fine for the most part. That many melee will make Iron Qon a real pain in the ass.

first of all 5 plate classes, 3 at least going to roll on the same loot along with a few pieces that the tanks could roll on too, gearing up will take a long time, ideally only have max 2 melee dps that don't need the same gear, also most fights favour ranged dps so your hindering your team allot by using so much melee, you could do with changing 2 of the melee to a mage and lock.

eventually you will be able to clear the content but it will take 3 times as long to gear 3 dps that use the same loot and will make some fights harder due to having too much melee.

A few things jump out.

1) Punching that comp into MMO's raidcomp, it shows you're missing either the crit chance buff or the spell damage taken debuff (your only source of either is a hunter pet, and it can't do both). I'm assuming one frost and one unholy dk, just to make sure nothing's overlooked. That's not the end of the world, but it will mean less dps... and if you're missing the crit buff, both your mistweaver and your resto shaman will get less mana.

2) That is a lot of melee... you really don't want more than 2 melee if you can help it.

3) No Disc priest or holy pally hurts the healing team... it's not impossible to work without them by any stretch, but their absorbs are so powerful right now that having one around just makes life much easier.

In terms of raid comp, I'd probably drop one of the death knights in favor of a mage or warlock (ideally mage), and then drop the resto shaman for a holy pally or disc priest (if you do this, you'll have to go with mage for your dps.... you'll need time warp, since you won't have the shaman and the hunter pet will be covering the spell damage taken debuff.)

Deleted
    - 3 melee is borderline ok, but you'd prefer 2 in a perfect world.
    - Your loot distribution is abysmal. Seriously, half your raid is plate. Your hunter will be swimming in agility gear, your priest in cloth and you'll still DE a lot of pieces. Tier token distribution is also bad.
    - Lack of Pally is not ideal but not insurmountable either.

To optimize it a bit make your monk or druid work on a tanking off-set, its not like you have any other use for leather agi anyway. Also have your priest maintain a Disc off-spec in case that's needed too.

If they're willing then also have one of your plate DPS change class to something that will alleviate your gear problems a little like a mage/lock/rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Heptium View Post
    So I been having a thought lately, that my comp is a huge issue with how well we do in content.

Frost/Unholy DK
    Frost/Unholy DK
    Shadow Priest
    Survival/BM Hunter
    Fury Warr

MW Monk
    Restro Shaman
    Restro Druid

Prot Warr
    Blood DK

Thoughts?
    That's, maybe, one of the most fun raid comps i have every seen! You surely have a lot of fun raiding, even if you have issues with it, am i right?

There are too much melee, maybe an mage or an lock will make your runs MUCH better and easier.

Also, dear god, that comp looks fun as hell! ( no kidding )

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    That's, maybe, one of the most fun raid comps i have every seen! You surely have a lot of fun raiding, even if you have issues with it, am i right?

There are too much melee, maybe an mage or an lock will make your runs MUCH better and easier.

Also, dear god, that comp looks fun as hell! ( no kidding )
    "Fun" doesn't help him if the comp is missing out on important buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    3) No Disc priest or holy pally hurts the healing team... it's not impossible to work without them by any stretch, but their absorbs are so powerful right now that having one around just makes life much easier.
    It doesn't hurt that much. We've cleared everything up to DA with just either 2x resto druid+ resto shaman or resto shaman+resto druid+mw monk. Not that big of an issue healing wise.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-19 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    Your raid comp doesn't really count that much in normal progression... is more about personal skill and understand what to do.
    That comp is not ideal for sure tho: too many melees as someone aldready said. And you should rethink a bit the loot distribution: 3 plate dps, 2 plate tanks, 2 leather healers.... I see a happy Spriest there

Not much more that can be said as everyone in the topic has covered it. Your raid comp will make encounters slightly harder than most people will experience them. Still completely doable of course. I would hope,with that many plate users that they are making sure they get their bonus rolls each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    It doesn't hurt that much. We've cleared everything up to DA with just either 2x resto druid+ resto shaman or resto shaman+resto druid+mw monk. Not that big of an issue healing wise.
    Indeed. If their group has good healers, it shouldn't be too much of an issue (the least of their worries really with this comp). Though absorbs have been great this expansion.

I would say, get one of the melee to switch to a ranged character if possible. Lock or mage perhaps.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

3dk's and 2 warriors must make loot distribution a whole heap of fun

i can't imagine you manage to cover all the buffs very easily, having 2 classes covering 5 slots in a 10 man raid doesn't help much, it can work, but it requires more effort to make it work. (although you dop at least have a raid group, which is one better than i am doing currently, so you might manage to cover all the buffs)

i guess bringing the player, not the class, doesn't always work - if you could swap out a DK for a mage/warlock without offending anybody, that might help a little.
    <insert witty signature here>

You're melee heavy in a game that does nothing but punish anything but ranged.

Major issue with your group is loot distribution really, it's going to take forever to gear up all those plate wearers.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Shadow should make diszi, resto should spec elemental and one dk should be swapped/reroll with a lock/mage

Deleted
    Depends what you mean by content, my 10m normal group runs 3 melee and we haven't run into any problems, this tier I can't think of any boss that is so punishing for melee that you'd be forced to replace them aside for maybe Heroic Qon and on normal you can just have one of them stack with a ranged group for the first dog, if you want to push into heroic modes asap you might want to switch a DK for something like an ele sham or mage but again it's not a requirement.

As someone else pointed out your real issue is loot, 3 plate dps in 10m is going to take forever to gear up, ask one of them if they wouldn't mind rerolling a caster or at least a rogue.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-04-19 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You are a little melee heavy and you didn't list any hybrid OS, but you should be fine for the most part. That many melee will make Iron Qon a real pain in the ass.
    More melee on iron qon just = more stacks in 1st phase for the melee group to soak. no worries there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    More melee on iron qon just = more stacks in 1st phase for the melee group to soak. no worries there.
    Now try and make those melee spread out properly and not trigger more hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Now try and make those melee spread out properly and not trigger more hits.
    It's really not that hard to have the melee split into two groups, there's rarely any reason to move the boss in p1.

Yes, the comp is making it more difficult.

Every raid should have a paladin. Every raid should have a disc priest. Every raid should have a warlock.