Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brawler's Guild Shirts, World First Level 90, April 18 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Fan Art

Public Test Realm: Patch 1.0.8 Notes (Updated 4/18)

Patch 5.3 - Brawler's Guild Shirts
    Patch 5.3 adds several new Brawler's Guild bosses, which reward you with new shirts once they are defeated! These shirts all have an equip effect, which looks similar to the effect of Precious' Ribbon, rewarding you with an extra buff on you at all times.

Level Type Slot Name
    1ShirtShirt Floot-Tooter's Tunic
    1ShirtShirt Gorgeous Blouse
    1ShirtShirt The Boomshirt
    1ShirtShirt Undisputed Champion's Shirt
    1ShirtShirt Sharkskin Tunic
    1ShirtShirt Ooze-Soaked Shirt
    1ShirtShirt Brucehide Jersey
    1ShirtShirt Tuxedo-Like Shirt
    1ShirtShirt Paper Shirt
    1ShirtShirt Last Season's Shirt
    1ShirtShirt Digmaster's Bodysleeve
    1ShirtShirt Sightless Mantle
    1ShirtShirt Wraps of the Blood-Soaked Brawler

World First Level 90
    You may remember that Fs was able to reach Level 90 before everyone else through some clever use of game mechanics, but Blizzard reset him to level 87. We finally got an update on this today when his achievement was restored!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    After some lengthy deliberation on this topic and evaluation of all facts, we’ve decided to overturn our decision on this matter. We will be re-instating Fs’s achievements. Our apologies to Fs for any frustration this has caused.

Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: April 18
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Classes

Quests
    • Eyes of the Thunder King: Engaging Unblinking Eyes and Focused Eyes will now place all members of the raid in combat, preventing players from releasing when they die.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Ra-den
        • Fixed an issue where it was possible to have 2 instances of Unstable Vita active during the Ra-den encounter.
      • Twin Consorts
        • Crane Rush now deals 5 million damage, down from 30 million damage in Raid Finder difficulty.

Items
    • Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault now grants a reduced bonus of 4400 to Strength, down from 8800 Strength, and the effect duration now lasts 30 seconds, up from 15 seconds when the effect is activated in PvP combat.
    • Tyrannical Primal Diamond when socketed to a bind-on-equip helmet now causes the helmet to become soulbound.
    • Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault now grants a reduced bonus of 4400 to Agility, down from 8800 Agility, and the effect duration now lasts 40 seconds, up from 20 seconds when the effect is activated in PvP combat.

Bug Fixes
    • Resolved an issue where Capacitive Primal Diamond's effect was not activating properly.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crowd Control and PvP
    With regards to crowd control, we don't really feel like there is too much of it, right now. We feel that CC is integral to PvP because without it battles simply become about tunneling and burst cooldowns. This is actually another situation where the question is touched on in a bit more detail in the "Ask the Devs — The Answers" blog which we plan to post tomorrow. So be sure to keep your eyes open for that

Freezing trap, Sap and Gouge share the same DR. Same goes for Fear, Psychic Terror (Psyfiend fear) and the Blind disorient. Just wanted to mention that, but also that the developers briefly mention diminishing returns in the blog tomorrow as well. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shado-Pan Trinket Changes
    It procs and i got 6900 agi for 40 seconds.. ???
    This is actually just the tooltip not being updated yet as that requires a client patch. If you check your character sheet while in either Battlegrounds or Arena, you will see that the effect only applies 4400 Agility or Strength and the duration of the buff has been doubled.

This effectively halves the burst potential of the trinket and doubles its duration. This results in the damage being much easier to heal, but lasts a longer amount of time. So this isn't actually a bug, it's an intended change, the tooltip for the buff just isn't updated yet.

Btw nakatoir any reason you guys don't just remove it completely from pvp?
    Because that is not our intent. Our end goal is not to prohibit PvE gear in PvP, if it was, that is what we would do. There is actually a question about PvE items in PvP, in the upcoming "Ask the Devs — The Answers" blog. Keep an eye out for that as we plan for this to go live tomorrow.

None wants Pve trinkets in PvP, NONE. Why even make it viable? 4k agility for 40 seconds is almost better then 20 seconds because certain hunter rogue healer comps only have 40 seconds games Don't forget that in 5.3, this trinket will also be getting scaled back to iLevel 496. This means that the stat proc will be getting lowered with the reduced iLevel and then halved as well when inside Battlegrounds and Arena. So in 5.3, the affect of this trinket will be diminished even further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Five Player Dungeons
    I love 5mans, always did, they just seem to fit perfectly with what I enjoy most about WoW, playing with a small group of friends that also happen to be very good players. For me this made heroic dungeons one of the most entertaining things about WoW ever since The Burning Crusade, followed only by Arenas and heroic Raiding. So on that regard, totally agree, I would love to see more (heroic) dungeons popping up, but I don't necessarily agree that they’re needed because of catching up issues.

We’re aware that not everyone finds LFR entertaining, yet some of those players still run it for the drops, and of course… that’s not ideal. I mean, almost everyone enjoys the hunt for loot, it’s a big part of the MMORPG experience, but you should be having fun while doing it.
    This is where I believe heroic scenarios and challenge modes can make a difference, those players will (hopefully) become more inclined to run these instead of LFR. (Or in addition to LFR; as some players will always go where there is at least 1 loot upgrade for them no matter what, and that’s ok.)

These rewards will have a higher ilvl than current LFR gear (still subject to change). With the possibility for better rewards than LFR, I would expect to see skilled casual players choosing to do for example one challenge mode daily quest and one heroic scenario instead of an LFR wing.

Also important to notice, Ghostcrawler recently said that devs are considering making heroic scenarios require a pre-made group.
    This is quite a change, and if that goes live I believe that we’re on the path for having content for just about every kind of player, new and casual players will have dungeons, dailies, LFR and Battlegrounds; casual (due to lack of time) but highly skilled players will have challenge modes, heroic scenarios and Arena/RBGs, and the more hardcore/highly skilled players will have normal and heroic raiding in addition to all the rest.

So would 5mans still make sense? Of course, there will still be players that probably prefer 5mans to any other type of content but unfortunately with the current pace of development, we need to decide between raids and dungeons, because that’s the issue, they compete with each other in terms of resources, and while I think we can and should always try to improve on this, in both the efficiency and efficacy in which we produce content, I believe that right now most players still prefer to have more raiding content than dungeon content.

We have dailies, heroic scenarios, challenge modes, LFR, crafting, BGs, RBGs and Arenas, all of these have the ability to provide more than enough gear to be able to start raiding (at least) on normal mode.

There needs to be some progression too, we don’t want players to ding 90 and jump directly into ToT normal, but if you’re in a guild that has run previous raids and is just trying to fill some of the open raiding spots, you can afford to take slightly less geared players and still maintain an overall decent average raid ilvl. In the case of a new guild, you won’t have to wait too long before you step into ToT with all the options players have for gearing up that I’ve mentioned before, including previous raids.

I would also question the argument for skipping content. I could understand it if you’re close to the end of an expansion and you want to see the latest content before it “expires”, but otherwise, you’re just skipping on a lot of entertainment value. Personally, I still am quite fond of those old Kara alt-runs even when we were doing BT with mains. Having a path that you have to follow to evolve your characters is a good thing, too much skipping just devalues content even faster, content that could otherwise be a source of great entertainment. Personally it makes me a bit sad inside to see all that old content being somehow wasted away, what was once the glory and jewel of each of the previous expansions’ PvE content shines now somehow a little less bright and has devalued in a way that makes it almost obsolete, I only wish we could one day make all that content available for everyone to experience again the way it was designed to be experienced in a seamless fashion. Oh well, blues can get nostalgic and dream too you know.

I'm quite excited to see how heroic scenarios will turn out, and also for the changes being applied to the challenge mode rewards, I'm hoping to see a lot of players running both of these, and I will for sure be one of them. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Student Art Contest Honorable Mentions
    The Honorable Mentions from the Student Art Contest look nice as well.

Doesnt really matter.. FS doesnt even play anymore.. last time he was on was last year if u look him up lol, I bet he has no idea he got the achievement now

good decision on blizzards part about FS since he told them several times in BETA that he was going to do it with no answers telling him not to and it wasnt any type of cheat or glitch

it still works a great way to lvl alts with your friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    good decision on blizzards part about FS since he told them several times in BETA that he was going to do it with no answers telling him not to and it wasnt any type of cheat or glitch

it still works a great way to lvl alts with your friends
    They did the same thing to Athene at 79 but didnt reset his achi..
    He asked serveral GM's and got the Ok from them, that didnt help much that time, why should it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Does the person who came second to him on his server then get his achievement removed? Or do they both keep it?

Seems cruel if the 2nd place person gets gipped this far down the line.

I think Fs deserved the achievement anyway. He never cheated, he simply killed mobs with 5 of his friends that give a damage buff (which is still in game). It's a lot less exploitative than a lot of other things that have been done in WoW history.

Those fan pics are pretty cool, looks like "what housing would look like in WoW"

really blizzard? a bit late don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...Does the person who came second to him on his server then get his achievement removed? Or do they both keep it?

Seems cruel if the 2nd place person gets gipped this far down the line.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Kept it

10+ Year Old Account
    FS is a legend on our server

Blizzard acted shamefully

This is like when Tabloids have some big huge accuse on Page 1... just to release a tiny apology on page 17 when a court makes them do so.

Hope those Brawler Guild shirts are buyable from a vendor or I'll be getting rid of them all. Definitely don't have space for them and all the other random archaeology stuff I had to delete already =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Nelle didn't earn it on Ravencrest

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Doesnt really matter.. FS doesnt even play anymore.. last time he was on was last year if u look him up lol, I bet he has no idea he got the achievement now
    I'd have quit from that bullshit too.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    He is playing other characters, that's kinda normal, that you rush Realm First on char you can do it easiest, then you level up your real main and do whatever you want, since shared Achievements shows that you are Realm First lvl 90 on any character.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really not give a crap about FS or world first and all that cheesement stuff! Also that Brawler's Guild thing boring and that horrible idea to make heroic scenarios and have them with pre make groups! It's hard to find anyone that want to do something in this game! When most people out gear it already no change in hell they gonna run it! Scenarios alone already are the most boring content WoW has ever release and now they will make the mods harder to kill and make stuff even take longer?! WoW!

Only took how many months for them to look at this?
    Blizzard don't care about its players enough this should've been sorted out within a week.

None wants Pve trinkets in PvP, NONE. Why even make it viable? 4k agility for 40 seconds is almost better then 20 seconds because certain hunter rogue healer comps only have 40 seconds games Don't forget that in 5.3, this trinket will also be getting scaled back to iLevel 496. This means that the stat proc will be getting lowered with the reduced iLevel and then halved as well when inside Battlegrounds and Arena. So in 5.3, the affect of this trinket will be diminished even further

That's awesome for those who are playing now! /sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha the ooze soaked shirt definitely screams 'I am Ironman' =D
    might have to get involved with the brawlers thing just for that!

Too bad that Fs dude seemed to have stopped playing last year.