I got a few Questions about rfit if anyone can answer then that would be great.

To start off I have messaged with the free trail a few times but never really leved high. So I got a few questions and ill try to make tons of them.

1. What is the best class to solo content "Dungeons/Raids ect....." in Rift and dose this require using a crap ton of marco's and all. I am a point and click while pushing 1-8 keys kind of person.

2. Dose its LFD system include Raids by any chance.

3.How well dose the gear scale. Lets say I decide to sub and got to level 60 can I use the level 60 gear to solo old raids.

4. I personally don't know a lot but have seen some posts of people worryed about the state rift is in. So what is the chance of it going f2p or the free trail part getting raised to 50 "its original level cap I think it was"

5. If there is a high chance of the top happening would it be worth spending 20$ and getting Storm Legion so I got the full game on disk and don't have to download it again.

6. I Notice last time that rift had a ingame video recorder how well dose it work compared to Fraps.

"Update" 7. How friendly is rift to someone like myself who likes to solo things from dungeons to raids or even world boss's.

"Update" 8. Dose its LFD system have any solo dungeons u can Q for and if it dose are they a challange.

If I can think of anything else ill update. I know its a mmo and all but I have always loved trying to solo content.

There is a couple f2p mmo's coming out in the near future and didn't know if it would be worth spending time on rift to do to do anything.

Also feel free to give me any tips and all they are welcome I am new to playing rift and figured I would at lease give Rift lite a go and get a level 20 at lease.

Sorry for all the questions I try'ed to make it as easy on the eyes as I could.

"Update" There is a typo in the thread title I mean them not then.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-19 at 06:28 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Giving a shot at some answers:

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1. What is the best class to solo content "Dungeons/Raids ect....." in Rift and dose this require using a crap ton of marco's and all. I am a point and click while pushing 1-8 keys kind of person.
    I'm not sure if current dungeons can be solo'd. Old experts maybe (I know they can be duo'd), but nothing current. As for raids, I think you can do some old 10 man bosses if you get the right gear and go the right spec, but I don't think you can do 20 man raids solo. For general soloing, any calling (warrior, rogue, mage, cleric) has multiple build that will be effective for soloing. One of the strengths of the game is the flexibility of the soul system, so you'll be sure to find something you like.

Nope, just experts.

3.How well dose the gear scale. Lets say I decide to sub and got to level 60 can I use the level 60 gear to solo old raids.
    See response to question one for raids. As for gear scaling, it's a pretty dramatic increase in power. I want to say that at the start (pre-raid) power doubles at the very least, and triples in many cases.

4. I personally don't know a lot but have seen some posts of people worryed about the state rift is in. So what is the chance of it going f2p or the free trail part getting raised to 50 "its original level cap I think it was"
    At this point, there's nothing to really indicate a business model transition. The game is in a bit of a rough patch now, but it's the first time it's hit one since launch (so over 2 years) and the next content patch (when it finally comes out) is slated to be pretty beefy. We may see some kind of expansion of Rift Lite, but they haven't said anything about it.

5. If there is a high chance of the top happening would it be worth spending 20$ and getting Storm Legion so I got the full game on disk and don't have to download it again.
    Not quite sure what you're asking...

6. I Notice last time that rift had a ingame video recorder how well dose it work compared to Fraps.
    I didn't even know it had one, so I couldn't say.

"Update" 7. How friendly is rift to someone like myself who likes to solo things from dungeons to raids or even world boss's.
    Well, you should be fine soloing old 5 man content once you get some gear at 60, and possibly for some of the 10 man raids. World bosses though, there's currently only one proper world boss (Volan) and there are always tons of people going after him, so you can't really solo him. Beyond that, it would be zone event bosses in the old world (since there are usually people in the 51+ zones during those events) and you shouldn't have any issues shitstomping them.

"Update" 8. Dose its LFD system have any solo dungeons u can Q for and if it dose are they a challange.
    They actually do have solo and duo dungeons called Chronicles. At 50 there was a single solo dungeon and three duo dungeons. None of them were terribly challenging as they were all intended to help you gear up for 5 mans, so even with minimal gear and a semi-decent solo spec even the duo's could be solo'd. As for 60, there is a single solo Chronicle that's very easy from the get-go.

Hope that helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    --snip--
    That helps out a lot and to answer your question
    Not quite sure what you're asking...
    What I meant by that was if Question 4 was to happen "aka it going f2p" would it be worth spending 20$ now on Storm Legion so I got a hard copy to just install the game and not have to download 10gig's again if I needed to do a re-install.

As for soloing raid's Ill be happy just to do the 10man version just like the challenge in doing it is all so if the only mode I mite be able to do it in is 10man that is fine.

Dose Rift have a main town everyone hangs in like how in wow there is Org/Stormwind.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-19 at 07:12 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

No matter what you're going to need to download a ton of updates, so you're looking at a big download either way. You wouldn't have to reinstall on a transition unless you uninstalled to begin with, as they'd be using the same client. It's entirely up to you whether you want to purchase the game, and if so whether you want to purchase a hard copy. I purchased it (and basically all my PC games in the past 5ish years) digitally and haven't had any problems.

Tempest Bay is the communal hub in Storm Legion for Guardian and Defiant. PvE servers are essentially single faction, with PvP servers allowing for open world PvP (though you can group in dungeons/raids/PvP with either faction on either server type).

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    No matter what you're going to need to download a ton of updates, so you're looking at a big download either way. You wouldn't have to reinstall on a transition unless you uninstalled to begin with, as they'd be using the same client. It's entirely up to you whether you want to purchase the game, and if so whether you want to purchase a hard copy. I purchased it (and basically all my PC games in the past 5ish years) digitally and haven't had any problems.

Tempest Bay is the communal hub in Storm Legion for Guardian and Defiant. PvE servers are essentially single faction, with PvP servers allowing for open world PvP (though you can group in dungeons/raids/PvP with either faction on either server type).
    Cool I perfer pve so that sounds good to me.

I'm also the type of person who likes having the box over having it digital.

Just finished installing the game checking it out.

Like I said the main part of a MMO for me is seeing how much I can solo. Did it with wow before I left and wanted to see how it was in rift.

Is the only solo dungeons at high level?

Also what is the highs pop Pve server would you say on the NA side. all I see right now is Medium and Low.

"Dam typo's can't spell to save my life and being up late dose not help so mybad for all the typo's lol"

"Ignore that update lol"

thx again.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-19 at 07:41 PM.

As for soloing raid's Ill be happy just to do the 10man version
    Just to clarify this, because most people coming from WoW picture each raid having a 10m version, this is not the case. There are 10 mans, then there are 20 mans. There are No 10 man versions of the 20 mans and no 20 man versions of the 10 mans. For 50 content there are Four 10m and Four 20m. Soyou'll likely only be able to solo half, and I don't even think you'll be able to solo most of the 10 mans either. Edge said there's a huge leap in gear, but honestly, it's not that huge. For comparison, if you had BiS at 50, that gear lasted you until near 57, and then those were barely upgrades, more just moving into secondary stats that were more applicable for your class, since they changed things with SL.

1. There is no best class. Rift enjoys currently a very balanced PVE environment. All classes are able to perform equally for the most part.

Will likely need some macros if attempting to solo dungeons/raids. Macros in Rift are TOTALLY different from other MMOs. They aren't actually macros; they are fail-throughs.

2. No, of course not. There is not LFD. There is LF/G/, which included dungeons.

3. Not likely. Can solo some raid bosses IF you have a high enough gear threshold. The mechanics of the encounters will eventually be impossible however.

4. It's not really dying. Been a long time since the last major content patch. This current patch just added mini games and housing which a lot of raiders/vets are pretty ho-hum on. Probably won't be F2P any time soon.

5. Yes. Rift is huge when compounded with patches.

6. About the same really. Seems to slow the game down a bit the few times I used it. Mileage may vary depending on the state of your PC. Rift is unkind to low and middle end PCs.

7. Not very. Can solo the open world as any modern MMO out there. Some dungeons, especially old ones, are doable for geared 50s and 60s. Toward L60 and in tier 2 raids the mechanics will likely be too much for you solo. Would need quote the advanced gearing to even do many of those solo as well.

Rift's raids are meant for 20/10 man groups that actually know how to raid. They are some of the toughest raids out there in modern MMOs.

8. No. That is a nonsensical question.

Also 10 and 20 man raids are totally different instances. They are not the same raid in 10 and 20 version. You are mistaken. That is World of Warcraft garbage design.

10+ Year Old Account

Cleric... I have two. Nah, not really, but it feels the best

Nope

Huge difference between pre-raid and first raid. Huge.

I doubt it's going to go F2P anytime soon. There is tons to do for new players, but the development team appears to be shredded and pumping resources into defiance - I haven't really bothered logging in much since January - game is a bit boring for vets. Rift's content has dropped - substantially. Game is VERY grindy at the moment at lvl 60 as an artificial "gate" to keep people treading the hamster wheel. Everyone remembers Vanilla WoW with rose-tinted spectacles - truth is, it was crap - games evolve and evolution means LESS GODDAM GRIND and more accessible to social players

Just buy it digital - you're going to download a ton of stuff

It only records at 720p. It will never be as good as Fraps or Bandicam

It's not at that level yet - except a few old dungeons. Maybe at level 70 it will change

It has "chronicles" which are usually solo-able, but they're pretty "meh" after the 3rd or 5th time.

Rift has a lot to offer a new player. It's not dead... It's just not the same mmo company that supported "chocolate" Rift. Just don't be a nubcake and sub for more than a month at a time at the moment. They need to catch a "wakeup" regarding their development cycle and money is a consumer's way of saying: "we won't accept 2nd rate content" - that worked for WoW and it will work for Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    --snip-
    The other Reason I decided to get the hard copy is because right now at gamestop Rift SL is 20$ and comes with 30days and the digital one on Trions site is 40$. So I figured I would give it its 30days and if I didn't like it that is only 20$ wasted. I have spent 20$ on worse.

For awhile I mite only be able to pay with time cards so sadly that is 60day's at a time.

And my computer isn't the best in the world so I had a question about that.

The question is rift has a setting I can turn on because I have a low end comp and I get around 30-35fps doing nearly anything. will having this setting on effect seeing some things when raiding like if Boss A has a Aoe on the ground will I be able to see it.

If not I can turn it off and run the game on low.

Atm running a Warrior/Reaver "however you say the class's in the game" and it reminds me a lot of death knights. I have tanked the first dungeon and argo isn't a problem.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also 10 and 20 man raids are totally different instances. They are not the same raid in 10 and 20 version. You are mistaken. That is World of Warcraft garbage design.
    That is neat.

I don't mind if lets say at level 60 I can only solo one 10man level 50 raid.

I just like soloing never really tryed to push into current content but if there is a bit of old content I could do that makes me happy.

I like making solo videos and I don't mind resoloing raids as long as its a bit challenging.

Atm I am playing a Reaver I think is what they are called.

I will admit that I like the quest system you can Q for using . and then randomly joining a group and doing said quests together and getting a bonus from them.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-04-19 at 07:52 PM.

I don't mind if lets say at level 60 I can only solo one 10man level 50 raid.

I just like soloing never really tryed to push into current content but if there is a bit of old content I could do that makes me happy.

I like making solo videos and I don't mind resoloing raids as long as its a bit challenging.

Atm I am playing a Reaver I think is what they are called.

I will admit that I like the quest system you can Q for using . and then randomly joining a group and doing said quests together and getting a bonus from them.
    There are a few 10 mans you won't be able to solo fully. The mechanics just require multiple people. And it might be pretty dicey on the ones which are solo-able even with a very high gear level from 20 man raids of about 2 tiers above the 10 man.

Reaver's are life leech/aoe tanks, by the way.

Don't forget you can always play completely free up to level 20 to get a taste for it.
    As for soloing old content, I was soloing most of the level 50 heroics and working on the achievements and conqueror achievements. There were a few that gave issues but for the most part they weren't difficult and a decent moneymaker as a lvl 60 5 man geared Warrior with a solo spec.

I've done a bit of soloing on my Mage, was able to solo 5/8 of the 10m bosses from T1. I could get a 6th since I've gained a lot of gear since I last tried but mechanically the other two I don't think are possible. I haven't attempted any of the 10m bosses from T2 or T3 since I don't think I have the gear yet. All of the Level 50 Expert dungeons are completely soloable with out too much difficulty if you have the right spec/gear setup.

Honestly I can't say which class would be the most effective for soloing old content. I think they're all about equal effectiveness but I haven't tried with others, although doing it as a Mage may only be viable for lower Tier content since we don't have a tank spec to mitigate the damage and rely and healing through it/pets.