Thread: Bartender Issue

Bartender Issue

Hi peeps, i just came back to WoW and downloaded the latest Bartender action bar, I notice that I am unable to hold "Shift + 1, 2, 3, etc". I tried all sort of ways and I mean all sort of ways but what I saw was that the bar just doesn't shift at all. I'm not sure what's happening, is anyboody able to help me out?

Open the bartender options (/bt), expand the Bars submenu on the left side and click the bar you wish to page.
    There should be 4 tabs, click the 3rd one "State Configuration".
    Under that should be a checkbox that is titled "ActionBar Paging", check that.
    Select the dropdown "Default Bar State", and select the first or default bar you want it to be.

Now make sure there are no other buttons bound to shift+1-6.
    Also check the default UI option for self/focus targeted since it is possible the shift modifier applied to either might interfere, not likely set as such by default but worth checking.
    (Esc, Interface, Combat - Focus Cast Key/Self Cast Key)

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Open the bartender options (/bt), expand the Bars submenu on the left side and click the bar you wish to page.
    There should be 4 tabs, click the 3rd one "State Configuration".
    Under that should be a checkbox that is titled "ActionBar Paging", check that.
    Select the dropdown "Default Bar State", and select the first or default bar you want it to be.

Now make sure there are no other buttons bound to shift+1-6.
    Also check the default UI option for self/focus targeted since it is possible the shift modifier applied to either might interfere, not likely set as such by default but worth checking.
    (Esc, Interface, Combat - Focus Cast Key/Self Cast Key)
    I did everything but it isn't working, did blizzard change something in them?

I tested that functionality myself and it worked, so the issue does not appear to be something blizzard is doing.
    Either another addon is interfering or maybe those keys are bound elsewhere.
    Try binding an action button to Shift+1, and then unbind it. Repeat with the others.
    Could try that with the shift+scroll wheel.

Also check the default keybindings, since if there were assigned to something else you can maybe change them back.
    Esc - Keybindings, Action Bar Functions - Action Page 1 - 6, Previous Action Bar, Next Action Bar.

somehow I manage to be abit to shift from 1-2-3-4-etc. but only when i release shift, previously i dont have to do that, I hold shift 1,2,3,4 and it change. right now im only able to change after i realise shift, seriously was there any changes to it?

Is the game trying to cast on key up or key down ?
    Esc, Interface, Combat - Cast action keybinds on key down - check that if it is not already.

I am stuck for other ideas, since even with changing that option I can't seem to replicate the behaviour you are seeing.

My best suggestion is to try paging the action bar with Bartender disabled, to see if the default keybind operates normally with the stock version or not.

At least would show whether bartender is the culprit or at least contributing to the cause.