Leveling Troubles - Sick of questing and dungeons

I'd like to make an alt but I'm tired of questing and dungeons. I'd tried to pvp from 10-90 but it took so long I gave about around lvl 26. I need a method other than RaF, Questing, or Dungeons that is faster than pvp.

Deleted
    get herbalism and mining, and just go nuts. you gonna earn alot of gold of it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I'd like to make an alt but I'm tired of questing and dungeons. I'd tried to pvp from 10-90 but it took so long I gave about around lvl 26. I need a method other than RaF, Questing, or Dungeons that is faster than pvp.
    There is no other way to level.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    get herbalism and mining, and just go nuts. you gonna earn alot of gold of it aswell.
    Pvp takes too long for him, do you honestly believe mining etc. will be any better ;P

The only other method is a gathering profession, but that'll take even longer then PvP.

This is part of the MMO world. You kill, you overcome challenges to earn experience. You don't just magically learn how to cast, or use more powerful weapons, or spells.

Deleted
    There is no other way of leveling anywhere near the speed of the ways you mentioned.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I did back in TBC was to buy a second account and boost myself. I've never regret that decision, as the opportunities and possibilities thereafter greatly increased. Duoing harder raid instances is a lot more fun than soloing. As I hated WotLK dungeons (this is back in WotLK, as I haven't levelled anyone since), I signed up both my lower level character and my main for an instance and just ploughed through it. It is fast and a lot more fun, despite being picked on in each and every single instance by some idiot complaining that my alt is afk or something of that sort.

The main problem is I have a little OCD so if I start questing in an area I feel like I have to finish it and that usually means I'll be doing grey quests a lot of the time. This is really bad for Outlands-Northrend cuz I start gaining rep with all the factions there and I feel like I have to go get exalted with them all.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    The main problem is I have a little OCD so if I start questing in an area I feel like I have to finish it and that usually means I'll be doing grey quests a lot of the time. This is really bad for Outlands-Northrend cuz I start gaining rep with all the factions there and I feel like I have to go get exalted with them all.
    Well, then maybe that is your problem then? Just do quest to level rather than to gain reputation. You won't be able to finish of most reputations without doing dailies anyway.

Either buy an account with a 90, pay for a shady leveling service, or switch genres imo. You're asking for a solution to leveling and ruling out all of the multiple options available to do so...in WoW of all MMOs which has more ways to level up decently than most.

You're pretty much boned bro.

Monkey runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one more possible way to level, but it isn't very recommended as you don't get any new gear (same goes for gathering tho) and it takes much longer than PvP. Pet Battles.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Alright first I'll say that I didn't recently level an alt from 1 to X - but I did start a DK (level 55) with full heirlooms. I want to use him for gathering professions.

After one day of about 8 hours of play, I went from 55 to 70. And this without hardcore grinding quests or something. I just casually flew from one place to the other - picking up quest here and there. From that moment (70) I bought flying in Azeroth and grinded my gathering professions to 375+ (a part of that I obviously did in outland, duh). That took quite some time. So gathering while leveling without a flying mount, I wouldn't advice. That is tedious.

But to come back to my point, leveling with heirlooms is damn fast. While RAF etc is much faster ofc, this is also very speedy and you still make some money.

Deleted
    pet battles might be a way to go - after leveling 7 chars from 85 to 90 through questing/pvp, i made my 8-th 90 through pet battles, was a bit less annoying

I think PvP is the funniest way to level though it's still very unbalanced. A LOT better than back in the day though. Used to be for example 20-29, twinks, having to being in a city to queue, go to trainers to learn new skills. You still need good gear though, which sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

to be fair powergrinding the instances is the fastes way to reach +-50, then a mix of dungs and quests.. :? Queue specific to do each instance only once, do quests inside, move to next..

If you really don't want to level this way - get a friend to powerlevel you. Get in group with him, go to place like Icecrown, sit and let him kill everything.. Or do it old fashioned way with no grouping, - run around, tag mobs and let him kill them for you. There was a place in Icecrown (inside one of the DK-like buildings) with many fast respawning elites if my memory serves me well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

The fastest way to level up till 80 or maybe 85 is to spam the "holiday" (Call to Arms) battleground. The XP is huge. However until you are level 40+ you may not have access to a holiday battleground.

Aside from that, random dungeons are your best bet.

In general, questing is fastest, but that's only true if you are a diligent, organized quester (perhaps with the aid of one or more add-ons). I'm usually sick of questing so I am always looking for other ways to level.

I've found that from 85-90, farming rares and treasures is not all that bad, but you need to be overgeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get yourself some real life friends recruited or make some good friends in a guild and level together. me and my girlfirend level alts together and it is so much easier and quicker with someone you know to pass the time!

If you really don't wanna mess with lvling, you could open two more accounts and do RaF and use your 90 to power lvl them through dungeons to 60 or whatever the cutoff is now and then grant the lvl's to another new toon, transfer all of them to the main account and you've got 3 toons well on their way to 90. I normally have two accounts anyhow....I just opened a third and got a lvl 60 mage, warrior, and priest out of it (it was when the RaF mount was still the zebra). Wound up making the priest my main at one point and played the warrior heavily at max lvl. Worked out great cuz I hated lvling all three of those classes
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.