Legendary meta gems

Just wondering, does the caster gem give more DPS boost then melee?

I think it depends on the classes in question?

Not sure though. Haven't seen an exact math. (going to depend on gear as well)

The coefficient differs by spec, not by class.

So for example, there's a different chance to proc for Fire, Frost, and Arcane for mages. For Destro, Demono, and Affli for a Lock...

The coeff have been know for weeks/months so you should have no problem to find them.
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

FWIW the Capacitive Primal Diamond averages about ~9-10k dps for the physical dps in my raids.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

At the very least you need to state what class are you playing.

But i remember blizz saying metas for "crossed" specs (as in casterDPS meta for melee, healer meta for casterDPS, etc) get a greatly reduced chance to proc, so kinda doubt it

I don't think that was his question Inthislzon. I read it as him asking which one, on average gives more dps. Like whether a caster or melee/hunter benefit from the respective meta more. Honestly, I'd say the melee/hunters get the biggest gain after looking over logs and stuff.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I don't think that was his question Inthislzon. I read it as him asking which one, on average gives more dps. Like whether a caster or melee/hunter benefit from the respective meta more. Honestly, I'd say the melee/hunters get the biggest gain after looking over logs and stuff.
    Indeed, depends on the class, really.

The caster gem adds 30% haste which has anywhere from 10-50% uptime depending on the spec, but on average around 20%, so 6% haste on average with extremes to 3% and 15%. this is worth about 2551 Haste rating, not counting other haste procs of course

the melee gem gives about 4.2 procs of 75% of AP per minute. this means 315% of AP per minute, or about 5.25% AP per second. since most DPS have 40K AP buffed, it's worth about 2100 AP.

these 2 are comparable in strength, given that most melee DPS value 1 AP a little higher than most casters value 1 haste rating.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.